Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Minority Deport posted:

We are through the looking glass of #mtgfinance

Martin Shkreli, real-life troll and douchebag most notable for jacking up the price of some drugs, buying the only copy of that wu-tang album, getting indicted for fraud, and generally doing whatever he can to get himself the most negative attention possible, is looking to invest in magic.

Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Another card I'd at least classify as "neat"

Stunning Regrowth
3G
Sorcery
Return all land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

Stunning Regrowth
3G
Sorcery

Hey look, an EDH card.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's gonna go great in my Borborygmos Upheaval deck

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
That certainly has some potential for shenanigans.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
There has to be a place for that somewhere. Even just the ramp potential is neat.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Hey look, an EDH card.

I saw this card and immediately someone I play EDH with sprang into my head. I'm going to see this card ruin my day so much. Scapeshift and Amulet of Vigor and Lotus Cobra.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 7, 2016

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that looks like it could go ugly with gitrog in standard, or any BG madness builds...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I hope this is the actual English name

Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery
Escalate: Tap an untapped creature you control

*Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater

*Destroy target enchantment

*Put a +1/+1 counters on each creature target player controls

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Dromoka's Command part 2, but much worse

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Elyv posted:

I was about to say something like declare blockers, before damage, tap stuff to do things and potentially take stuff out.

Sorcery.

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

Elyv posted:

Not necessarily "much" worse. Being able to deal with big trackers/Gitrog/etc is a real gain, destroying enchantments is way better than sacrificing in Standard, and +1/+1 to team is better than +1/+1 to a creature.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

Not as flexible, but it can do more and 2/3 of the abilities are more powerful than their Dromoka's counterpart

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 7, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
It doesn't completely gently caress over red so I'm down for it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

As easy as it can be to be blown out, that edh land card is totally going in whatever delirium deck I end up with.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Stunning Regrowth
3G
Sorcery

As someone who plays nongreen Commander decks all i can say is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I hope this is the actual English name

Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery
Escalate: Tap an untapped creature you control

*Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater

*Destroy target enchantment

*Put a +1/+1 counters on each creature target player controls

Whatever stupid things happen in the story, it's worth it for making Gideon lead an army of zombies.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Stunning Regrowth works with Valakut.

Dredge your whole deck and cast it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Stunning Regrowth works with Valakut.

Dredge your whole deck and cast it.

I smell a deck.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Regrowth + Amulet should make for some good times, too.

This card is going to enable some truly monstrous things in EDH.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

For all you Aura and Equipment fans

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment
You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash.

Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.

Maybe it should've cantriped

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

JOHN CENA posted:

i bounce between two different LGS. pats games seems to be more college students in the 20-24 year old crowd, but Mothership Games up in north austin seems to be guys in late 20s to early 40s.

I like Wonkos up north; wide range of people (groups of teenagers, 20-somethings, up through a few regular 40-somethings).

Though really the best place is Card Traders (age group 25 - 40-ish).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Rinkles posted:

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.

I think it'd come pretty close to too good if it cantripped - this is a card that might find a deck without replacing itself, and will probably be very good in that deck if it does.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.
What are the chances we have a return to Kamigawa block coming up? They have easy plothooks and spirit trible is kinda a thing, but is that too many return sets too soon?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Voyager I posted:

Regrowth + Amulet should make for some good times, too.

This card is going to enable some truly monstrous things in EDH.

Also, this plus the classic combo of Seismic Assault + Swans of Bryn Argoll. Or this plus Countryside Crusher. Or this plus Knight of the Reliquary. It combos with a lot of cards that are already good in Modern.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I like how many unusual escalate costs there are. I was definitely expecting it to just be 2 with the occasional color commitment.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I spent $80 tonight on a blue/white artifact deck. It beat my friends scary white/red deck and I'm super happy with it. One of the artifacts gains protection against all colours when there are 3 or more artifacts on the field! Its crazy! Especially considering a whole bunch of my lands are also artifacts, ahahha.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rinkles posted:

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

A lot of auras should become a lot more playable if they turn into combat tricks with upside instead of straight 2-for-1s waiting to happen.

This feels like a card that gets a lot better outside of standard, though.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Voyager I posted:

A lot of auras should become a lot more playable if they turn into combat tricks with upside instead of straight 2-for-1s waiting to happen.

This feels like a card that gets a lot better outside of standard, though.

Combat tricks already aren't playable outside of very specific decks (and those decks don't typically use them for the purpose of winning combats), and a two-card combo that gives you a slightly better combat trick is really unexciting.

If there's any room for abuse it'll be with powerful equipment that's really cheap to play but expensive to equip, or something like that.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah, like I said, I feel like this card will do more outside of standard where there are better tools for it to support. Right now there aren't any equipment pieces that are good or expensive enough to justify running a support card for them.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

It doesn't help that like half the equipment in standard have "When equipped creature attacks" triggers, which don't really combo with Flash at all.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Rinkles posted:

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

on the one hand, enchantments are white's thing

on the other, flash isn't (excluding "nope, functioning as intended, we're awful - development" Avacyn)

eh.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

GeneX posted:

on the one hand, enchantments are white's thing

on the other, flash isn't (excluding "nope, functioning as intended, we're awful - development" Avacyn)

eh.

Flash was originally UW but was shifted over to UG. White is still tertiary in flash

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Flash was originally UW but was shifted over to UG. White is still tertiary in flash

In this case, it's mono-white for pragmatic reasons - no one would seriously consder playing a mono-blue or blue-white Auras and Equipment matter card, and it's not actually out of White's design space in the slightest.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

I spent $80 tonight on a blue/white artifact deck. It beat my friends scary white/red deck and I'm super happy with it. One of the artifacts gains protection against all colours when there are 3 or more artifacts on the field! Its crazy! Especially considering a whole bunch of my lands are also artifacts, ahahha.

Back in Mirrodin days I had an affinity deck, didn't have any ravagers but made do with Atog and Disciple of the Vault. Its fun to drop a disciple and an atog, sacrifice everything and just win. Also living the Ornithopter - cranial plating dream.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Huh, the more you know.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

say no to scurvy posted:

What are the chances we have a return to Kamigawa block coming up? They have easy plothooks and spirit trible is kinda a thing, but is that too many return sets too soon?

they've said they would literally rather just invent a new japan inspired plane and do that than go back to kamigawa because of how poorly it did.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

This lets you cast Bestow creatures, in aura mode, at instant speed, right?

Edit: checked Bestow's wording, it is cast "as an aura spell" so should work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

they've said they would literally rather just invent a new japan inspired plane and do that than go back to kamigawa because of how poorly it did.

I'm okay with this as long as Tamiyo comes along to study their moon(s).

• Locked thread