Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

You know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

AP posted:

25 bug reports in last 24 hours, interest is fading fast again, they need a new patch.

That just means they've fixed all the bugs :downs:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Maw posted:

That just means they've fixed all the bugs :downs:

Or :pgabz: came first. And declared everything to be a feature.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

I mean I have to hand it to CIG this is the first time you can buy a baseball cap in a spaceship game set 900 years in the future.

I bet they just bought a load of stock assets from the CryEngine store and Archered them a bit.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Gravity_Storm posted:

I bet they just stole a load of stock assets from the CryEngine store and Archered them a bit.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/750954770588921856

If episode VIII is crap we can blame Chris Roberts.
It's been established that Hamill is loyal to a fault but CIG must be paying him a shitload for his management to accept reshoots that overlap with Episode 8 production.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Good! Starting to get real cozy with UE4.

Should be ready in weeks.

Not months!

Would you be willing to commit to... I dunno... I don't know much about software devleopment... Possibly... Two weeks?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

I went on a journey, friends. I needed time and space to scour the 'verse for the fabled Star Citizen, Saskewatch of Games. I truly needed to know. I left no wig un-turned. No cultist meltdown un-studied. I enhanced every jpeg and documented every watermark.

What I discovered shocked me.

Star Citizen is poo poo.

Thus the terror. Gotcha. No luck on the mood stabilizers either?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Here to let the thread know that this read deserves me stopping to play the witcher 3 in order to go through all the posts.
Between pgabz bug reports, the shill desperate defense, dsmart blogs, gorf surgical strike posts...i don't need anything else for entertainment. If i could go back 2 years I would pledge my 30$ to this thread instead to the ClownEmporiumGames.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

VR is "already in the game"©

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4rjwod/star_citizen_in_vr_a_tutorial_for_vorpx/

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Too busy making their game to fixe their game

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Because he's a loving idiot I guess I dunno. Star Citizen brings out the worst in people.

Sorry, I have to quote this because it's kind of funny that people would be so mortally offended by adding breadcrumbs and egg to minced meat to make it more malleable. Have you people seriously never heard of this? I grew up in Romania and my mom used to make the bombest loving meatballs using minced meat, egg, flour, and breadcrumbs (plus a bunch of spices and veggies worked into the meat itself). They don't even begin to compare to your savage-rear end meatball marinara bullshit. I can't see why that would be any different for hamburgers, tbh.

The only reason why I don't make it myself is because I can't be hosed to spend an hour massaging spices and other poo poo into minced meat before running each individual meatball through a mixture of battered egg, then flour with breadcrumbs, because that takes way too much loving time, not because it's not delicious as heck.

But trust me, egg and bread crumbs are not the issue here, and you have no idea what you're even talking about if you feel this would impinge upon your god-given right as an amurrican to enjoy your minced cow meat between two hamburger buns.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Homemade burgers are shittier with breadcrumbs. Meatballs are better with breadcrumbs. That's just life.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
It appears I have caused deep rifts in the Star Citizen thread with my radical ideas on burgers.

See MOMA? This is how you detract and deflect! I'm leading the way in shillery

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

el dingo posted:

It appears I have caused deep rifts in the Star Citizen thread with my radical ideas on burgers.

:commissar:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

el dingo posted:

Now, about this whole boiling meat thing…

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Smekerman posted:

Sorry, I have to quote this because it's kind of funny that people would be so mortally offended by adding breadcrumbs and egg to minced meat to make it more malleable. Have you people seriously never heard of this? I grew up in Romania and my mom used to make the bombest loving meatballs using minced meat, egg, flour, and breadcrumbs (plus a bunch of spices and veggies worked into the meat itself). They don't even begin to compare to your savage-rear end meatball marinara bullshit. I can't see why that would be any different for hamburgers, tbh.

The only reason why I don't make it myself is because I can't be hosed to spend an hour massaging spices and other poo poo into minced meat before running each individual meatball through a mixture of battered egg, then flour with breadcrumbs, because that takes way too much loving time, not because it's not delicious as heck.

But trust me, egg and bread crumbs are not the issue here, and you have no idea what you're even talking about if you feel this would impinge upon your god-given right as an amurrican to enjoy your minced cow meat between two hamburger buns.

Eggs and breadcrumbs make great meatballs agreed. In burgers it's another thing entirely, it may help the patties stick together but comes at a cost to both flavor and texture. There are lots of better ways to work a burger into shape

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

https://youtu.be/C8TcOfn5UVQ urggggh

some guy in the comments posted:

So, I stopped the video at 2:15 to answer the question. I came to this game for immersive gameplay. For a level of complexity that sets new standards. I don't want to push a button and have an action completed. I want to have that action be something that I create myself. Say, making a meal on a ship. I want to have to open a drawer and pull it out. Open it up. Collect other ingredients to prepare the meal. Put it in the microwave. Cook it. Then sit down properly and eat it. Whether that is alone or with other crewmates. Will doing this take time? Yes. Should there be a mechanic to bypass this? Yes. Professions should offer similarly fine details. Let me in on the accountant side of running a business. Do my books balance at the end of the week? Will I need to do more of something to reach a goal that I've set for myself earlier? Do I have enough UEC to pay my crews or NPC's for the work they've done for me as my employees? Are their enough raw materials in my inventory to get those widgets made at the factory so I can sell them in my shoppes? This is the level of detail I want in Star Citizen. I'd go even deeper than this if I thought more people would get on board.

:smith:

e: bolded, he's chosen the right game if he doesn't want to press use and have things work.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Adam_Levy/status/731150395184156672

https://twitter.com/Adam_Levy/status/749193667768946688

2 months...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/332774/ac-is-pretty-unplayable-in-2-4-live#latest

quote:

- Random crashes to desktop
- Random 20007 Kicked errors (in a BR match!)
- Random crashes to lobby with Unlocalized Errors
- Unable to respawn half the time after dying, needing to reload the client because reloading the match from the menu causes infinite loading
- The desync and rubberbanding in full matches is still very much an issue

All in all, I find myself having to reload a single match 7-8 times on average in order to finish it.

Good news is that at least now it consistently puts you in the same match. ;)

P.S.: I won't even talk about the missiles. ^^

Well, that should not be too hard even for CIG if there is only one match going on.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Maw posted:

e: bolded, he's chosen the right game if he doesn't want to press use and have things work.

The worst part was this poo poo:

quote:

I want to have that action be something that I create myself. Say, making a meal on a ship. I want to have to open a drawer and pull it out. Open it up. Collect other ingredients to prepare the meal. Put it in the microwave. Cook it. Then sit down properly and eat it. Whether that is alone or with other crewmates.

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Maw posted:

When I play a shooter, before the round starts I want to disassemble my gun and clean every part, then put it back together. I then want to lay all my bullets in front of me and load them one by one in a clip. Sharpen my knife. Ensure my uniform meets presentation standards - ironing before putting it on if necessary. Wait, poo poo - I forgot to fill my iron with water. Is the water ionised for optimum ironing? Yes. Ok - breathe, we're fine. Now I need to set my iron to the correct temperature. I don't wanna just hit 'use', I want to press the temperature setting enough times to set it to max and then press the iron directly into my own scrotum to prevent myself from ever procreating.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Maw posted:

Cooking with a microwave is part of goon.txt right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The sad thing is that's probably how he makes his meals in real life too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

el dingo posted:

When I play a shooter, before the round starts I want to disassemble my gun and clean every part, then put it back together. I then want to lay all my bullets in front of me and load them one by one in a clip. Sharpen my knife. Ensure my uniform meets presentation standards - ironing before putting it on if necessary. Wait, poo poo - I forgot to fill my iron with water. Is the water ionised for optimum ironing? Yes. Ok - breathe, we're fine. Now I need to set my iron to the correct temperature. I don't wanna just hit 'use', I want to press the temperature setting enough times to set it to max and then press the iron directly into my own scrotum to prevent myself from ever procreating.

You dummy, you field strip it before a match and completely disassemble it after the match.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The sad thing is that's probably how he makes his meals in real life too.

Lol "probably"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Star Citizen: I don't want to push a button and have an action completed

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

KiddieGrinder posted:

I like 'whether alone or with other crewmates'. Come on, son, we all know which of those it is.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Maw posted:

I like 'whether alone or with other crewmates'. Come on, son, we all know which of those it is.

Much like his hopes that Star Citizen won't be poo poo, he hopes lightning will strike thrice and grant him the power of friends(hip)

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

el dingo posted:

I did a spit-take without drinking anything. :bravo:

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Eggs and breadcrumbs make great meatballs agreed. In burgers it's another thing entirely, it may help the patties stick together but comes at a cost to both flavor and texture. There are lots of better ways to work a burger into shape

Okay, fair enough, I guess now that I think about it and as how hamburgers are basically supposed to be mostly meat with little to no spices, I can see how breadcrumbs would diminish that "flavor". I dunno, though, I think you could balance it out with other spices. I'm less orthodox about food than most people, though. (e: and hamburgers have never been a staple in Eastern European cuisine)

Anyway, speaking of Romanian cuisine, you guys should try mici. Don't know how "authentic" this recipe is, though it seems to be pretty close. All I can say is that some mici + mustard and some beer is gonna make you forget all about your Star Citizen sorrows.

(also make you fat)

Smekerman fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 7, 2016

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Smekerman posted:

Okay, fair enough, I guess now that I think about it and as how hamburgers are basically supposed to be mostly meat with little to no spices, I can see how breadcrumbs would diminish that "flavor". I dunno, though, I think you could balance it out with other spices. I'm less orthodox about food than most people, though.

Anyway, speaking of Romanian cuisine, you guys should try mici. Don't know how "authentic" this recipe is, though it seems to be pretty close. All I can say is that some mici + mustard and some beer is gonna make you forget all about your Star Citizen sorrows.

(also make you fat)

I had the same conversation with people in GWS, and someone linked me to this:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/03/the-burger-labs-top-ten-tips-for-better-burgers.html

It's obsessive as all hell, but the burgers I made after reading it were genuinely better.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KiddieGrinder posted:

Of course he only know how to use a microwave.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Regarde Aduck posted:

Of course he only know how to use a microwave.

False, he knows how to heat an item for a specific amount of time. No way he reads the manual to figure out the reheat or power settings.

"Oh thank god there's a pizza button, I would've never been able to figure it out without the pictures"

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Maw posted:

I want a game where it's already like my mundane life but I want to do it in space. Nothing like warming up a hungry man in space amirite?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

Hi guys. I've missed you all.

Hi!

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

Gerblyn posted:

I had the same conversation with people in GWS, and someone linked me to this:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/03/the-burger-labs-top-ten-tips-for-better-burgers.html

It's obsessive as all hell, but the burgers I made after reading it were genuinely better.

That's a dope link. Thanks, friend.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
SQ42 is , you fly a ship in a straight line and land somewhere, 15~20 minute cutscene plays. You are sent to a briefing room to look at a computer to show the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you walk to your ship and get in 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you fly off the ship and start the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you kill 3 ships and win the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays.

Repeat that 4 or 5 times and it's done.

grabby hands won't matter.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lime Tonics posted:

SQ42 is , you fly a ship in a straight line and land somewhere, 15~20 minute cutscene plays. You are sent to a briefing room to look at a computer to show the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you walk to your ship and get in 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you fly off the ship and start the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays, you kill 3 ships and win the mission, 15~20 minute cutscene plays.

Repeat that 4 or 5 times and it's done.

grabby hands won't matter.

SQ42 isn't

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

A 4k+ investment in Eating Microwave Dinners Alone simulator

• Locked thread