Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Double Agent posted:

I'm pretty sure you can still sign up for events, but it will be Will Call only.

This.

I forgot to order generic tickets, so I did it last night. I figure the Will Call window is shorter than the cash one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

nesbit37 posted:

I think its too late to sign up for things now. I mean, you can still do it when you are at Gen Con but since they started printing and shipping badges and tickets I don't think you add more to your account at this point till you're on site.

oh you can totally keep grabbing things off the event finder until practically the show starts. You just have to wait in the will-call line to get the tickets in a separate packet from your badge and earlier purchases. I know because I signed up for some things they put up after they mailed the badges.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

nesbit37 posted:

I think its too late to sign up for things now. I mean, you can still do it when you are at Gen Con but since they started printing and shipping badges and tickets I don't think you add more to your account at this point till you're on site.

You can still sign up! I found out the head writer of the secret world will be at gencon so I signed up a few seminars he is doing.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
My bad! What I get for finalizing what I want usually the same day event registration opens.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

saint gerald posted:

Oh, and while I'm here, I bought out a Chaosium Call of Cthulhu game thinking my regular group would go with me, but mistakes were made and everyone except me is busy at that time. So before I refund it, anyone want in?

It is Friday 5pm-7pm. 5 seats available. No experience necessary (I've never played it, I just heard it was good).

https://www.gencon.com/events/101363

edit: current list is:
1. saint
2. Fellis (maybe)
3. Goldmansack
4. Ego Trip

Also, Fordan points out that this is right before the goon TD run that starts at 7:13. I think there is probably time to do both if you leave right at 7 but TD is not real tolerant of latecomers.

I could be down for this. I'm free at this time and have a passing familiarity with CoC. (Also posting in the GroupMe)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Fellis posted:

I might be down for this, i still have not bothered to log on and actually find events after the initial rush months ago where i didn't get anything

Moles were you still planning on running a goon-only mad max gamma world?

I've gotten so many messages about this, but yeah, gently caress it, I can do that.

It'll have to be either late on Thursday or late on Saturday. Its a 3 hour~ game. Lets say Saturday at 10PM start. If you're interested, PM me or post in here, first 5(ish) people.

edit: if you promise to buy me food i'll let you in the group regardless of how many people are already signed up. i am easily bribable.

Double Edit
GroupMe person (Ego trip?)
Fellis
mkultra419
Maigius
SirPhoebos

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 7, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Witness me

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Witness! (I'm in too)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

If it's not too late, I'd like to join as well.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Still plenty of time, there's one spot left after you

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I've gotten so many messages about this, but yeah, gently caress it, I can do that.

It'll have to be either late on Thursday or late on Saturday. Its a 3 hour~ game. Lets say Saturday at 10PM start. If you're interested, PM me or post in here, first 5(ish) people.

edit: if you promise to buy me food i'll let you in the group regardless of how many people are already signed up. i am easily bribable.

Double Edit
Fellis
mkultra419
Maigius

Yup, that was me.

I'm considering bringing Avalon again this year. Codenames is definitely in.
I will, of course, be prepared to play Fiasco at all times. (Also Microscope and Kingdom)

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 7, 2016

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Ego Trip posted:

Yup, that was me.

I'm considering bringing Avalon again this year. Codenames is definitely in.
I will, of course, be prepared to play Fiasco at all times. (Also Microscope and Kingdom)

Avalon, aka the game that makes people question if I am ever telling the truth.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
I will probably bring Codenames too. Also Knit Wit (new Matt Leacock word game with string) and Toc Toc Woodman.

Yes, I like stupid drunk games.

saint gerald fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 7, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

One of my highlights from last year was the spontaneous Fiasco game and that need to happen again. Stroke weed and burning down buildings is optional but preferred

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

One of my highlights from last year was the spontaneous Fiasco game and that need to happen again. Stroke weed and burning down buildings is optional but preferred almost certain to happen.

FTFY. And yes, Fiasco needs to happen this year.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

saint gerald posted:

You can get into the game library/pick up and play room with generics. I kinda doubt capacity is much of an issue.

This isn't exactly 100% true. Capacity is actually an issue around peak times in the early evening until around 9-10pm. During that period, they only let people in who have tickets specifically for the game library and they don't accept generics.

saint gerald posted:

Short version is there's shitloads of space all over town for games to break out in spontaneous fashion and personally I would not bother with the game library.

But this is pretty much 100% true. I think the games library is actually a great idea if you're roving around with a medium-sized band of people who have enough players to play just about any game optimally without needing extra people to fill in. I think it's a great idea if you want to play something completely random that you might not find in the dealer's hall because it's old. From experience though, I don't think it's a great option for 1-3 people - you don't have enough people to be able to play most games by yourself and you'll need pubbies to fill in. These people can vary wildly in terms of quality.

In other words, we have a GroupMe and there's plenty of space all throughout the building/in rooms. You probably don't need to pay the price to go into the games library when you can pretty much hit up random goons to get a game or two in.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Backno posted:

You're basically not. It's cool, though.

I still remember the round of One-Night Resistance we played where I was a spy and got to look at someone else's ability. I saw you were an investigator and were seated next to me, so I knew I was hosed right out of the gate. Didn't even have to wait for the round to start.

Along these lines, I'll probably bring Rebellion (the bigger, modular version of Coup), maybe Stockpile (the game I bought last year about insider trading), and I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a copy of Ponzi Scheme at the con. (I don't have particular taste in games or anything...)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Double Edit
Fellis
mkultra419
Maigius

If there's room for one more, then I'd like in.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

If there's room for one more, then I'd like in.

Awesome, all sorted. everyone email me at nemesisofmoles@gmail.com so we can organize

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

CellBlock posted:

You're basically not. It's cool, though.

I still remember the round of One-Night Resistance we played where I was a spy and got to look at someone else's ability. I saw you were an investigator and were seated next to me, so I knew I was hosed right out of the gate. Didn't even have to wait for the round to start.

Along these lines, I'll probably bring Rebellion (the bigger, modular version of Coup), maybe Stockpile (the game I bought last year about insider trading), and I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a copy of Ponzi Scheme at the con. (I don't have particular taste in games or anything...)

I can't help that you guys all have lovely poker faces.

So games that I will be bringing that I want to get some good games in with:

Agents of Smersh
Alien Frontiers

I will probably have my compact version of Codenames with me as well.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Backno posted:

compact version of Codenames

Tell us of this.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

saint gerald posted:

Tell us of this.

One could assume it is FFG size cards and a few coins and the app for spymasters?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

saint gerald posted:

Tell us of this.

My wife hates wasted space with games. So she tends to repack games that use a bigger box than is needed. When we got the Carcassone Big Box she got it down to a tiny wooden box and hand painted the scoring path on the top of the box.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Are there any RPG bloggers or podcasters here going to Gen Con? I've been talking to Jeff Barber, designer of Blue Planet, and he recently decided to come to Gen Con to playtest and promote his upcoming RPG, Upwind. If you want contact info for Jeff so you can demo the game and/or interview him, PM me for the details.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

saint gerald posted:

I will probably bring Codenames too. Also Knit Wit (new Matt Leacock word game with string) and Toc Toc Woodman.

Yes, I like stupid drunk games.

Tic Toc Woodsman was fun when I was sleep deprived. I can only imagine it drunk.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Backno posted:

You are a known liar! Never trust Backno!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just kidding, you're alright. Less than a month!!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
So, for somebody having to manage this all at the last minute (or, well, month), I thought I'd drop a line and see if anybody has any spare room. Camoseven and Len can vouch for me being decent and clean and not overtly goony (hopefully, just goony enough), I can sleep on the floor if necessary, and I'd be willing to pay whatever my share would be of any hotel fees up front.

If anybody can help out, I'd really appreciate it. Just let me know as soon as possible so I can start prep once I have certainty, been dealing with HR dragging their feet on my request until I got somebody to cover for me myself recently.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, for somebody having to manage this all at the last minute (or, well, month), I thought I'd drop a line and see if anybody has any spare room. Camoseven and Len can vouch for me being decent and clean and not overtly goony (hopefully, just goony enough), I can sleep on the floor if necessary, and I'd be willing to pay whatever my share would be of any hotel fees up front.

If anybody can help out, I'd really appreciate it. Just let me know as soon as possible so I can start prep once I have certainty, been dealing with HR dragging their feet on my request until I got somebody to cover for me myself recently.

check your PM

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Got a place to set down for GenCon, thanks to everybody that offered! Hope to see you all there. :)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Got a place to set down for GenCon, thanks to everybody that offered! Hope to see you all there. :)

If you haven't done so already, get the groupme app and join the Gengoon group

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

If you haven't done so already, get the groupme app and join the Gengoon group

Thanks for the reminder, forgot to reinstall it on my new phone.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Derek Smart's Trivia Commander should be our team name this year

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

TheHoosier posted:

Derek Smart's Trivia Commander should be our team name this year

GroupMe seems to have settled on Make America d8 Again.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

CellBlock posted:

I'll order the sign tomorrow.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CellBlock posted:

:perfect:

I really need to get in on the GroupMe chat but I'm finishing up on my summer semester. After that it'll be all about Gencon.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

CellBlock posted:

This is both funny and relevant, so I bend a knee to this

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

CellBlock posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck that's good

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Ego Trip posted:

I'll order design the sign tomorrow Satruday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Here's a version in blue.

• Locked thread