Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
He didn't seem to be comparing himself to Shkreli; though he suggested he maybe in contact with him in the future. He did make a point at the end trying to assert that he (Berry) isn't a bad man and is doing w/e he is in MTG finance because he wants to "afford a comfortable life and maybe put my daughter through college."

He made some other weird statement too about there "being more dual-lands out there than people know about." and "I personally know people with like five-to-six-hundred duals that could come out of the woodwork if Shkreli buys up all the ones on online dealers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

kizudarake posted:

56kgofuckyourself.post

Who the hell still has 56k in TYOOL 2016?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Chill la Chill posted:

True, but that would require playing standard.

We'll be #mtgfinance'd out of every other format but it and limited, so might as well get comfortable.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

We'll be #mtgfinance'd out of every other format but it and limited, so might as well get comfortable.

CUBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, should I dump my LED and Underground Seas now?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Thisuck posted:

CUBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Form of limited.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

kizudarake posted:

56kgofuckyourself.post

Also, image leeching. I don't feel like opening all those broken-rear end images in new tabs just to see what the gently caress they are.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
That's a hell of a hat.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Dictate of Heliod and Ward of Lights were in there. Dictate is part of a cycle, and Ward of Lights is part of the mirage/visions subtheme of auras that had flash but lasted one turn if it's used.

FLASH IS SECONDARY IN BLACK AND RED :byodood:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Pssst! Wanna know a secret?

You can't really profit from buying out magic cards which is something shkrelli would know if he actually studied finance instead of blowing his trust fund like a loving idiot.

This isn't the dollar/yen/euro we are talking about, its a card game. The bubble can and will collapse if anyone puts real financial pressure on it and the barrier to entry is far too low. It may seem like a lot of money to us but we are talking about ppl that spend SuicideSteves vintage deck on a coke party or a fancy watch they might lose next month and at least 90% some odd magic players can't even dream of competing with that kind of cash flow, full stop.

But that's what is going to kill the value of magic cards/allow the counterfeit market to thrive so I get to buy 4 of everything on the cheap so go for it you soulless piece of dog poo poo. I'm playing magic until I'm dead in the ground so do w/e man.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I mean, it's a hat AND a shield, but that art is a pile.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Thread Poster Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Color Pie To Be

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Also included are:

Rout, part of a cycle of things having flash.

Three (3) Planar Chaos cards, in an argument about colors & mechanics
Five (5) Future Sight cards, a notably bizarre set
One (1) Sorcery

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

FLASH IS SECONDARY IN BLACK AND RED :byodood:

Flash is actually tertiary in every colour. Every colour gets instants, after all

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah basically any color can get flash if it's needed to make the card work. It's just mostly in green and blue now with white just slightly behind.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gridlocked posted:

He didn't seem to be comparing himself to Shkreli; though he suggested he maybe in contact with him in the future. He did make a point at the end trying to assert that he (Berry) isn't a bad man and is doing w/e he is in MTG finance because he wants to "afford a comfortable life and maybe put my daughter through college."

He made some other weird statement too about there "being more dual-lands out there than people know about." and "I personally know people with like five-to-six-hundred duals that could come out of the woodwork if Shkreli buys up all the ones on online dealers."

The best way to do that is getting a job and not trying to invest in cardboard that assumes the long term longevity of either the Reserved List or Magic: the Gathering.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

That's a hell of a hat.

Forget the hat, look at his tiny sword.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zemyla posted:

Also, image leeching. I don't feel like opening all those broken-rear end images in new tabs just to see what the gently caress they are.

They're all from magiccards.info, which is a pretty good database, it's just that the new (well it's been here awhile) SA security thing blocks the domain for some reason. Don't remember the fix off the top of my head, but it wasn't something major.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will have legacy until Shkreli buys my decks and plan on drafting afterwards.

rabidsquid posted:

Shkreli is an evil man regardless of his interaction with mtg finance

this is really funny though. posted in the high end group. I also included the best comment ;)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Serperoth posted:

They're all from magiccards.info, which is a pretty good database, it's just that the new (well it's been here awhile) SA security thing blocks the domain for some reason.

It doesn't for me.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

I will have legacy until Shkreli buys my decks and plan on drafting afterwards.

this is really funny though. posted in the high end group. I also included the best comment ;)

He's not wrong. Pokemon Go has the attention of my entire friendgroup right now.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

That mat is amazing.

:smugnecromancer:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Friendly reminder that you can Vesuva planeswalkers Imprisoned in the Moon.

How that actually works I don't know.

I'm guessing the same as Song of the Dryads in that you get a colorless land named Jace, Telepath Unbound?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I can't help thinking that Revenge of Moonsocks enchantment should be Legendary. Is this what being a Vorthos feels like?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If I target a creature that already has another moon prison on it does that mean I'm imprisoning the moon inside an even larger moon?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

He's not wrong. Pokemon Go has the attention of my entire friendgroup right now.

Exactly. I know what I'm doing when I'm not playing legacy on friday night. ;)

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Entropic posted:

I can't help thinking that Revenge of Moonsocks enchantment should be Legendary. Is this what being a Vorthos feels like?

Nah you can have a bunch of prison cells on the moon. Go to Moon Jail.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Serperoth posted:

They're all from magiccards.info, which is a pretty good database, it's just that the new (well it's been here awhile) SA security thing blocks the domain for some reason. Don't remember the fix off the top of my head, but it wasn't something major.

Yeah, I previewed the post to make sure the links worked. They do for me.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Count Bleck posted:

Friendly reminder that you can Vesuva planeswalkers Imprisoned in the Moon.

How that actually works I don't know.

I'm guessing the same as Song of the Dryads in that you get a colorless land named Jace, Telepath Unbound?

No, it works the same as Song of the Dryads in that you get a blue Planeswalker named Jace, Telepath Unbound with five loyalty and three abilities.

Copy effects are layer 1. Type changing effects are Layer 4, color changing effects are layer 5 and ability adding and removing effects are layer 6, so you copy Jace as he exists before any of Imprisoned's effects apply. This is also how things work with Song.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rinkles posted:

For all you Aura and Equipment fans

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment
You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash.

Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.

Maybe it should've cantriped

I should probably pick up a set of Steelshaper's Gifts by next week.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

No, it works the same as Song of the Dryads in that you get a blue Planeswalker named Jace, Telepath Unbound with five loyalty and three abilities.

Copy effects are layer 1. Type changing effects are Layer 4, color changing effects are layer 5 and ability adding and removing effects are layer 6, so you copy Jace as he exists before any of Imprisoned's effects apply. This is also how things work with Song.

I'm gonna have to grab a Moon Prison now.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Forget the hat, look at his tiny sword.

for a second I thought I was in the milhist or medieval history thread when I saw this post

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Don't try Thespian's Staging one though, than you end up with a Planeswalker with no loyalty, and it dies as a state based action.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Elyv posted:

for a second I thought I was in the milhist or medieval history thread when I saw this post

Not enough pike related magic cards.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Welp, all my blue decks are going to get copies of thespian's stage and imprisoned in the moon now.

gently caress. Never mind

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Wouldn't you get a blue Planeswalker named Jace, Telepath Unbound with 0 loyalty? I mean, that's basically the crux of how Thespian's Stage-Dark Depths works.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

PleasantDirge posted:

Pssst! Wanna know a secret?

You can't really profit from buying out magic cards which is something shkrelli would know if he actually studied finance instead of blowing his trust fund like a loving idiot.

The problem with old expensive cards as an investment is that they're really not very liquid if you want to get anything near full value for them.

If you buy 500 copies of a card at $100 each and the TCG price goes up to $200, you aren't suddenly up $50,000. You're down $50,000. You'll have broken even once you actually manage to sell at least 250 copies at the new price. And gooood luck with that.

You might come out on top in the end but it will take a good long while to get a return on your huge initial investment.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Wouldn't you get a blue Planeswalker named Jace, Telepath Unbound with 0 loyalty? I mean, that's basically the crux of how Thespian's Stage-Dark Depths works.

Vesuva comes down as the card, Thespian's Stage turns into the card.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Entropic posted:

The problem with old expensive cards as an investment is that they're really not very liquid if you want to get anything near full value for them.

If you buy 500 copies of a card at $100 each and the TCG price goes up to $200, you aren't suddenly up $50,000. You're down $50,000. You'll have broken even once you actually manage to sell at least 250 copies at the new price. And gooood luck with that.

You might come out on top in the end but it will take a good long while to get a return on your huge initial investment.

Assuming Shkreli is even capable of spending money while under an indictment, he once spent $2,000,000 on an album he never listened to just to be a mean jerk. If put any effort into it you might as well assume he's putting all those copies of Moat in the incinerator.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Assuming Shkreli is even capable of spending money while under an indictment, he once spent $2,000,000 on an album he never listened to just to be a mean jerk. If put any effort into it you might as well assume he's putting all those copies of Moat in the incinerator.

He is getting a lot of trolling equity though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's basically bad Ruinous Path.

I think it's closer to a strictly better Vindicate honestly.

Gridlocked posted:

I don't know who Craig Berry is but apparently he knows something about MTG Financing.

He's the doughy idiot who's been buying out all the reserved list cards and hopefully getting us 1 step to getting rid of the reserved list. jk that will never happen

Gridlocked posted:

He could also do this with an actual job where he doesn't work 16 hours a day so he can pay attention to his daughter at some point in her life. You know, like the rest of the world. Extra bonus: he wouldn't be ruining the game in the process!

• Locked thread