Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

ElegantFugue posted:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Gamma Nerd posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Ometeotl posted:

They're seriously under pace compared to other marathons, right?

I feel like they got way better publicity in the past few years, esp AGDQ 2 years ago. I haven't seen them covered in any news outlet, not even Kotaku did an "SGDQ starts today!" thing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"I made an elevator that screams!"

"...But why?"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Grizlor posted:

The last day usually makes like $200k or something because people procrastinate and also super metroid really hypes up the kill/save bid war. Hell, Chrono Trigger from the first time they hit $1M made like 80k just during that run.

I mean, we're also mere weeks removed from the start of an absolutely massive (and still ongoing) financial panic, so it's understandable if people are being a bit more skittish with their funds at the moment.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Explod.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

THIS BASE WILL EXPLOD

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Never talk to me or Potion Man or Flash Bomb Man ever again

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's Potion man!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

:rip: Potion Man.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Vermain posted:

I mean, we're also mere weeks removed from the start of an absolutely massive (and still ongoing) financial panic, so it's understandable if people are being a bit more skittish with their funds at the moment.

the brexit jokes during J&D were a thing of beauty

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The rejects of Particle Man are still pretty cool guys.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I think this is the first time they actually played a ad about the charity they are organizing this for. Why don't they play this more instead of the Tiny Build ads?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys need to watch the Gimmick! run btw

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

you guys need to watch the Gimmick! run btw

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Ometeotl posted:

They're seriously under pace compared to other marathons, right?

We're like $30k behind last year but if you factor in Humble Bundle we're ahead.

People say this every event and I don't understand why people don't just look at graphs. :confused:

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I feel like they got way better publicity in the past few years, esp AGDQ 2 years ago. I haven't seen them covered in any news outlet, not even Kotaku did an "SGDQ starts today!" thing.

Yeah it's not like we were mentioned on national tv or anything. :v:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Aw man this is still the best sad chiptune

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I thought Bionic Commando was gonna be played earlier, but apparently they slotted in Illusion of Gaia or something? What happened? What's up next now?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rirse posted:

Wow I think this is the first time they actually played a ad about the charity they are organizing this for. Why don't they play this more instead of the Tiny Build ads?

nah i've seen a couple, think you were just (un)lucky

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

UraniumAnchor posted:

We're like $30k behind last year but if you factor in Humble Bundle we're ahead.

People say this every event and I don't understand why people don't just look at graphs. :confused:

I imagine some of the reason it slightly behind is Notch too busy acting like Charles Foster Kane these days. Donations always pick up on the final Saturday, so it should come up ahead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm glad Potion Man survived the horrific reimagining of his world.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bad Seafood posted:

I thought Bionic Commando was gonna be played earlier, but apparently they slotted in Illusion of Gaia or something? What happened? What's up next now?
any "setup" blocks you see on the schedule may be replaced with bonus games that are met if they're not too horribly far behind

other than that the schedule you see on the site should be more or less valid

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Glad to see the appreciation for HYPE MODE.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
the vest guy they had come on yesterday to talk about it was good too, but yeah they should be doing more imo, like every other hour or something

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

never mind i'm a loving idiot but still don't start on that poo poo

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Just paused the Jak & Daxter VOD so I can get HYYYYYPE for TEEEEETRIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

CrashCat posted:

any "setup" blocks you see on the schedule may be replaced with bonus games that are met if they're not too horribly far behind

other than that the schedule you see on the site should be more or less valid
Ah, alright, thanks.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Bad Seafood posted:

Between getting ahead and a game straight up having to be dropped because the runner couldn't make it we slotted in IoG so the last days wouldn't get too thrown off.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Well then. I got nothing. Just seemed less publicized to me? :shrug:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I see that 'Andy' was listed as a player for the game Streemerz, is that the same Andy who is Carlsagan42?

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Sent is so unbelievably awkward, holy poo poo.

/edit: Ahaha that long pause before switching cameras was amazing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol @ Golden's jazz hands as they waited for the camera transition. Just embrace the awkwardness, yeeeesss

Speaking of which, I'd have to classify the Jak & Daxter version as a bizarro Bawkbasoup block...both were delirious and funny but in such different ways

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Everything is related

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

timp posted:

I see that 'Andy' was listed as a player for the game Streemerz, is that the same Andy who is Carlsagan42?
nah it's probably the Andy who beats Pie all the time at Mario Maker and takes his money :v:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Fiblah posted:

Sent is so unbelievably awkward, holy poo poo.

/edit: Ahaha that long pause before switching cameras was amazing.

I like when the camera zooms out to bring him into frame and there's prize guy lol.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah how was Zelda II and Rygar last night?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this lady having serious loving issues with that URL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna take a nap, how long til the next big thing aka probably Tetris, can't be bothered to bring up the schedule on my cellphone

Welp reader

• Locked thread