Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Obligatory Toast posted:

A lot of cats don't get bothered by that if they're accustomed to being pet in general. In fact, most cats I know love a good butt thumping and good firm scritches between the shoulder blades.

My dad's old cat refuses to acknowledge your existence unless you basically go for a boxing round with its rear end first. You really gotta slap that cat butt or else you aren't getting any affection in return. Cats are weird, yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:confused: I use Firefox and I can play the clips just fine.

RE: Masochist Cats, my Tux gets annoyed if you don't beat his belly like a bongo drum.

Mine goes nuts if you basically just grind his left ear with a knuckle, he just immediately flops down and starts to purr, closes his eyes and then if you stop looks at you and meows until you start again or walk away until he gives up. It is always the left ear too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My outdoor cat (who we just never could get to stop being terrified of the indoors) loved vigorous head scritches, but he wouldn't go for the jiggles you can give Butters. He liked hard scritches, not hard pets.

The myriad nuances of cats!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:confused: I use Firefox and I can play the clips just fine.

Do you have Flash installed?

JD
Jan 11, 2003

neongrey posted:

There's just something about shots of cat tonuge.

https://www.instagram.com/catswiththeirtonguesout/?hl=en

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Mojo loves to swim in the lake to fetch his toys, but still isn't totally confidant with just jumping straight off the pier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XnxX2tFct4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

My dad's old cat refuses to acknowledge your existence unless you basically go for a boxing round with its rear end first. You really gotta slap that cat butt or else you aren't getting any affection in return. Cats are weird, yo

http://i.imgur.com/KoidVYx.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean, I meant the top part of the butt where the tail is and not the actual butt but yeah pretty much

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Time to post this again! :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6a8T5Z5wkk

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I've had to travel quite a bit the past few months for conferences; Mr Boods' 1000 year old cat does not like it when I go anywhere. He's half blind and mostly deaf, and his one functioning brain cell has to work overtime these days, but there's nothing wrong with his sniffer -- I think he can smell the travel bag I use, because he starts to get super agitated when it comes out. Then the day I leave, I think he knows the difference to my work clothes (as well as probably the scent of make-up and stuff).

Last time I was away for about 4 or 5 days, he started a cargo cult (a sock and a tissue he pulled from the bin -- yep, when I'm gone he gets an old t-shirt of mine for his bed, but that wasn't enough, I guess). He won't take any of his meds, and spits out the pills when Mr Boods attempts to give them. His coat looks ratty by the time I get back.

This last time, however, I came home to something else -- I guess he figured mourning just wasn't cutting it. Walked in yesterday to discover the little fucker had deposited neatly a small ball of poo poo in one of Mr Boods' shoes, one where he sits on the sofa, one on his desk chair, and one neatly in the middle of his computer keyboard.

Meanwhile, his pal Gus came soaring over the garden fence when he heard the car pull up; his people are on holiday again, so he ignores his cat-sitter and spends all of his time over here, and he was put out that it was only Mr Boods for the few couple of days. We had a cuddle and a rough play (he's another cat who likes to be thrown around and pounded on; it return the little fuckers hides in the garden from me, and leaps out of the lilies to hipcheck me) and a snack, and then he hosed back off to his spot on his pergola (he alternates between hiding in our lilies and lounging on the pergola in his own garden).

All is right in catland again, at least for another 10 days before I have to travel again...

(Soz, no pictures of the cat-poo poo party).

Furry bastard a second after being woken up

Then realising it was me, and purring so hard he sounds like a cooing dove on steroids

(ed -- forgot to put a 'b' on bin!)

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 10:50 on Jul 7, 2016

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

you're a good person

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.

Alter Ego posted:

It really doesn't bother him when you give him hard pets? I've never met a cat that would tolerate having its head petted like that.

My kitty Khoshekh loves his sides patted in like a drum like thing. I'm not hurting him, but he loves the rough and tumble treatment. He comes back for more and tries to get me to play rough all the time. He goes through kick toys like they were confetti, though. It's true it depends on the personality of the cat.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
omg

The Best Cat :cabot: :patriot:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

His name is Boo Boo and he is a deeply concerned puppy

A nest of gremlins

A cross-eyed borf borf

Shaved clouds

And my sister's cat Arcee, destroying her Chirstmas tree last year

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Drum posted:

A cross-eyed borf borf

Oh my god that is adorable.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This cat might be possessed

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Elias_Maluco posted:

Not possessed, but there's definitely a vampire around

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Why are you so angry, kitty!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Teflon Don posted:

Riley is 25lbs. Cat big.

...so I swear, we didn't steal and repaint your cat.

But this is our newest, also called Riley. Been here a couple weeks and this is the first time he's sat still long enough for me to get a good picture. And I think he's gonna be a big guy too, he's about six months old and already about 2/3rds the size of our other non-small adult cat. Fortunately they get along like they're lifelong pals (of the rough-and-tumble kind but it's all in fun). Not sure how much he weighs, but his first vet visit (for shots and fixing) is coming up soon so we'll find out then.

And to contribute to recent conversation, he likes rough pets but what he mostly likes is for me to hold my hand out so he can ram his face into it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

I love when dogs and cats are too big to fit in spaces that they could when they were puppies and kittens.

Who said I don't fit here anymore?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Elias_Maluco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ZWAQnCZ-s&t=107s

"You do realize I'm an EVIL hypnotist?"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPwQNhUIqno

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rabbit Hill posted:

The Best Cat :cabot: :patriot:

well i'm happy this is an actual emote

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I working my through this thread but I'm like 22 pages behind. So I apologize if this has been posted before.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYYwM6aNegs

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011
Update on the little puppies, here they're 4 days old :3:

Sorry for the terrible phone pictures in advance.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

RareAcumen posted:

I working my through this thread but I'm like 22 pages behind. So I apologize if this has been posted before.

Simultaneously the best job and hardest job- hardest because it's a lot of sitting around waiting for something to show up, and then they do and you have to sit there and not pet their fur/feathers, but best because OMG there's a bird/kitten/mink/deer on you/your camera and that's awesome.

Sorry for the blurriness, but I saw this woodpecker on my lunch break and they're so cute. They peck holes in the plaster facade on our office building and pull out the insulation to make nests. The building is covered in plastered-over holes and new ones from these birbs with rosie cheeks, with piles of foam pellets underneath. Hey, don't want woodpeckers? Don't make your building out of the perfect woodpecker home!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
terrible newsweek, hey look at this

http://i.imgur.com/KPwZkEu.gifv

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Croisquessein posted:

Simultaneously the best job and hardest job- hardest because it's a lot of sitting around waiting for something to show up, and then they do and you have to sit there and not pet their fur/feathers, but best because OMG there's a bird/kitten/mink/deer on you/your camera and that's awesome.

Sorry for the blurriness, but I saw this woodpecker on my lunch break and they're so cute. They peck holes in the plaster facade on our office building and pull out the insulation to make nests. The building is covered in plastered-over holes and new ones from these birbs with rosie cheeks, with piles of foam pellets underneath. Hey, don't want woodpeckers? Don't make your building out of the perfect woodpecker home!

You've got flickers! They eat a lot of bugs so they're pretty nice to have around. Maybe not so much if they're knocking holes in the walls. They're drab until you see them flying, which I assume is where the name comes from.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

This guy's livin' the dream. I miss having a dog small enough to lie on my back without hurting me.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

I just received some of the most heartbreaking news today.

May I request something incredibly heartwarming and uplifting? I'm near tears in my office here.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Looks like JoeJoe has a girlfriend now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQm81S7BWg

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Do you have Flash installed?
You do definitely not need Flash. You need Firefox 45 and up (because something broke it in previous versions) and you need Firefox' Tracking Protection disabled for the forums (because that blocks the Twitter image host). If you're using something else that blocks cross site requests and scripts, like uMatrix, Policeman, Ghostery, Noscript or whatever, then those might also need to have permissions set up to allow the Twitter embeds to work properly.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

gamera009 posted:

I just received some of the most heartbreaking news today.

May I request something incredibly heartwarming and uplifting? I'm near tears in my office here.

I'm not sure what kind of uplifting you're looking for, but here's a video that always makes me smile. It's a video of a Danish bus driver having everyone on his route singing to him on his birthday. It's really cute.
e: By "having [them] sing", I mean that they all surprise him by singing to him. He doesn't ask them to. Phrased that weirdly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOyTNtsWyY

I hope everything is okay.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Jul 8, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Fred, my brother's idiot Maine coon: