Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

poor girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ww.com.www/

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
what the gently caress just happened

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Between getting ahead and a game straight up having to be dropped because the runner couldn't make it we slotted in IoG so the last days wouldn't get too thrown off.
Oh, okay.

I enjoy Games Done Quick but usually don't have the time to watch the runs in progress and just check out the must-see highlights later, so this is the first time I've ever really noticed a schedule change.

Thanks for the info.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Reason posted:

this lady having serious loving issues with that URL

Mercy kill the sponsor ad reading

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think she just got nervous. :/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

nah it's probably the Andy who beats Pie all the time at Mario Maker and takes his money :v:

this Andy

https://twitter.com/andylaso
https://www.twitch.tv/andy/profile
http://www.speedrun.com/user/Andy

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

She sounds like she either haven't slept at all or just woke up.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

Just paused the Jak & Daxter VOD so I can get HYYYYYPE for TEEEEETRIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Aw poo poo I'm dumb and just figured out we're about 2 hours behind schedule. Probably a good thing for my productivity today. Welp, see you all again in a few hours

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

timp posted:

Aw poo poo I'm dumb and just figured out we're about 2 hours behind schedule. Probably a good thing for my productivity today. Welp, see you all again in a few hours
Weren't we ahead of schedule last night? What happened?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

timp posted:

Refresh the page, they're only about 15 minutes behind the last updated schedule

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

buy them togay!

also lol the loving explanation of this game

they climb up the mountain to quickly get to golden egg to give to the eagle king...

oh of course

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The only thing I remember of Wizards and Warriors from when I was a kid is how the player sprite looks like he's just running around holding his dick.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

No offense to anybody, but this event handles over a million dollars (WELL over a million if you include all of the money that passes through it like the hotel fees, tech, equipment, etc). If you can't handle reading, you shouldn't be an announcer. She wasn't as bad as the woman at the last AGDQ who literally read around a sixth-grade level, at least. That lady couldn't pronounce anything above a couple of syllables and it was just heartbreaking to hear.

Most of the announcers are fine. I wish they'd hold out for more than just "fine" however; the one announcer that was REALLY pushing the donation for Doom got, like, what? Fourteen thousand bucks for just that incentive alone? An announcer that's "fine" should be pushed till they're "very good" or better.

I get that GDQ is grassroots and there's a lot of people who don't want to lose that. I'm not suggesting y'all hire Casey Kasum or Don Pardo. But I'd love to see a higher bar for announcers next year, personally.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I imagine hiring Casey Kasem or Don Pardo would be really expensive these days.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Thursday Next posted:

No offense to anybody, but this event handles over a million dollars (WELL over a million if you include all of the money that passes through it like the hotel fees, tech, equipment, etc). If you can't handle reading, you shouldn't be an announcer. She wasn't as bad as the woman at the last AGDQ who literally read around a sixth-grade level, at least. That lady couldn't pronounce anything above a couple of syllables and it was just heartbreaking to hear.

Most of the announcers are fine. I wish they'd hold out for more than just "fine" however; the one announcer that was REALLY pushing the donation for Doom got, like, what? Fourteen thousand bucks for just that incentive alone? An announcer that's "fine" should be pushed till they're "very good" or better.

I get that GDQ is grassroots and there's a lot of people who don't want to lose that. I'm not suggesting y'all hire Casey Kasum or Don Pardo. But I'd love to see a higher bar for announcers next year, personally.

source your quotes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thursday Next posted:

I think they're fine. :coffeepal:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I don't think enough announcers embrace how much cash they can generate. See: Doom Guy

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Announcer needs to speak up

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lol at the announcer trying to butt in for a donation during a sub 10 minute speedrun though

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh it's this game. They ran it at an earlier event too right?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
They had a guy who kinda sounded like Casey Kasem at AGDQ this year lol

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

CrashCat posted:

lol at the announcer trying to butt in for a donation during a sub 10 minute speedrun though

Yeah, needs to read the atmosphere a bit better.

The previous guy is the best announcer except maybe for Blechy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

if Jam really got a 9:14 that would bump him up a few places http://www.speedrun.com/Ironsword_Wizards_and_Warriors_II

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, needs to read the atmosphere a bit better.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just lol at you if you can watch the gimmick run live and you dont

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

just lol at you if you can watch the gimmick run live and you dont

lmao

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Pladdicus posted:

I don't think enough announcers embrace how much cash they can generate. See: Doom Guy

Bingo. That's my only point.

The announcers are fine and good but great announcers can make a lot more money for charity. Sorry if someone feels that's such mad controversy that I get a driveby "source ur quotes", but it's true.

also I didn't realize both Casey Kasem and Don Pardo were dead, damnit 2014.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I dont know what the hell gimick even is but im gonna watch it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Thursday Next posted:

Bingo. That's my only point.

The announcers are fine and good but great announcers can make a lot more money for charity. Sorry if someone feels that's such mad controversy that I get a driveby "source ur quotes", but it's true.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

DoctorStrangelove posted:

it's magical :allears:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I never heard of Gimmick before these events, and I'm glad I got to see it played, and the TAS is hilarious, too. The sprites are adorable. The mechanics of the game are cool, too. Thanks for reading my story.

edit: Greetings from Germany, kill the animals

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

a platformer with a really odd movement feature that makes speedruns brutal and an innocent, adorably cute exterior

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

If they are doing a run where they collect all the special items - I don't know if that's called 100% - it's definitely worth a watch.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Erata posted:

I never heard of Gimmick before these events, and I'm glad I got to see it played, and the TAS is hilarious, too. The sprites are adorable. The mechanics of the game are cool, too. Thanks for reading my story.

edit: Greetings from Germany, kill the animals

People who just gotta get their story out there are mostly save the animasl "people."

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I was gonna feed my kids but...

LET'S WATCH THIS INSTEAD

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

People who just gotta get their story out there are mostly save the animasl "people."

I represent the save the frames foundation.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What the gently caress was that awful song :psyduck:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
You kids and your germany, back in my day we talked about the 502 crew and the reimu plushie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I don't think I'd use "lovely" to describe twitch, but ok.

• Locked thread