Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Good thread

It used to annoy me that nobody in this thread ever talked about SFV but after slogging through the story mode I hate it and I don't care anymore

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
It's kinda neat experiencing the death of capcom fighting games twice. I remember all the jokes about Capcom not being able to count to 3 during the Alpha craze and then Street Fighter 3 happened and finally wiped fighting games off the map for at least a decade.

Third Strike is still the best though. I wish it'd get patched so people would play it again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Buckwheat Sings posted:

It's kinda neat experiencing the death of capcom fighting games twice. I remember all the jokes about Capcom not being able to count to 3 during the Alpha craze and then Street Fighter 3 happened and finally wiped fighting games off the map for at least a decade.

Third Strike is still the best though. I wish it'd get patched so people would play it again.

While I don't agree with you that this is the death of Capcom fighting game, Given the recent uptick in quality in indie/small developer Fighting games and how good 'anime' fighters have gotten, maybe I'd be okay with this being the end of SF for a bit.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

While I don't agree with you that this is the death of Capcom fighting game, Given the recent uptick in quality in indie/small developer Fighting games and how good 'anime' fighters have gotten, maybe I'd be okay with this being the end of SF for a bit.

Oh fighting games are fine. Actually I think you're right, the indie/small dev fighting game scene is going to explode/exploding at the moment. Not too sure about the Capcoms though. They'll always have Monster Hunter I guess.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

boxcarhobo posted:

nah its fun and you're wrong sorry bro

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've seen into the future and people only play King of Fighters XIV

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

In Training posted:

It used to annoy me that nobody in this thread ever talked about SFV but after slogging through the story mode I hate it and I don't care anymore

Good

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Tekken 7 is gonna be huge.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
sf5 is too big to fail, sf3 will not happen again. the shameful corpse of 5 will continue to dredge on until capcom says stop

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I've seen into the future and people only play King of Fighters XIV

This but Guilty Gear instead

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
EVO 2017 will just be KoF, Undernight IN:Birth and Guilty Gear. And I guess a Melee stage so there's on-site daycare.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've never played a KoF game but the gameplay from the new one looks super flat and boring and kinda janky. What's great about KoF?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I like Balrog, his combos are cool and he seems like a bully/stun monster. A lot of his pokes seem lovely though and he gets significantly less off lows than off highs. Also no reversal. Basically, he's a cool reimagining of a character that is usually basic and boring in a game that still feels Not So Great.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

EVO 2017 will just be KoF, Undernight IN:Birth and Guilty Gear. And I guess a Melee stage so there's on-site daycare.

God I hope so.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

In Training posted:

I'll take any FANG tips before this thing gets put in Cool Crew Chat Central. Right now I just ape Xian's "Wall of China" poo poo from excellent adventures and then spaz out with cr. mk and st. mp a lot when it breaks down. Works great but I'm sure I'm not doing the non-zoning things correctly. I know st.mk is supposed to be real good but I can't really tell why I wouldn't want to use cr. hp instead for anti-air.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

In Training posted:

Id be embarrassed to be seen playing Overwatch because it sucks

I like you and your posts

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've never played a KoF game but the gameplay from the new one looks super flat and boring and kinda janky. What's great about KoF?

3 TACOS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:agreed:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

callate gringo

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

callate gringo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Good thread

10 "SFV sucks."
20 "Nah, I kinda like SFV."
30 "Get hype for X feature/patch/character!"
40 "X turned out to be bad."
50 "SFV has too much boobs and rear end, which is bad."
60 "Let's talk about not-SFV instead."
70 GOTO 10

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kilometers Davis posted:

have you considered asking the kof thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772737

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kilometers Davis posted:

Looks like KoF is marching on with their tradition of copying Street Fighter in every way possible right off the cliff this time. The new one looks horrible and will probably bomb like SFV just to be a Street Fighter clone to the end.

But then again, it could work out for other reasons just because KoF has genuine fans that aren't paid to like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Looks like KoF is marching on with their tradition of copying Street Fighter in every way possible right off the cliff this time. The new one looks horrible and will probably bomb like SFV just to be a Street Fighter clone to the end.

Source your quotes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

10 "SFV sucks."
20 "Nah, I kinda like SFV."
30 "Get hype for X feature/patch/character!"
40 "X turned out to be bad."
50 "SFV has too much boobs and rear end, which is bad."
60 "Let's talk about not-SFV instead."
70 GOTO 10

Where's the part where we talk about burgers?

Can we talk about burgers again?

Shake Shack is overrated.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDNpbgAO5FM

xiao hai effortlessly defeating a saudi oil sheik at kof 98 using only his left hand is why kof is so good

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Love Stole the Day posted:

I like you and your posts

this seals the deal. overwatch is a good game.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

People still play it m8, just go on fightcade or a tournament or 'fight club' (god I hate that term) if you're in america and check out TFC this year for a big tournament! Also patching really wouldn't have the desired effect unless they hosed with parries, which would kill interest for any existing 3s superfan and it wouldn't end up as 3s no mo

also one game is not responsible for the decline of arcades!!!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

brian posted:

People still play it m8, just go on fightcade or a tournament or 'fight club' (god I hate that term) if you're in america and check out TFC this year for a big tournament! Also patching really wouldn't have the desired effect unless they hosed with parries, which would kill interest for any existing 3s superfan and it wouldn't end up as 3s no mo

i'm sorry to tell you this, but sf2 killed arcades

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

brian posted:

even if i think 3s is dumb they should keep most of the weird dumb lovely parry stuff but balance around it because 3s is its own game and trying to rethink parry is such a fundamental overhaul to everyones understanding of the game it would just completely ruin any balance changes youd want to make anyway.

like just nerf chun a bunch and buff all the dudes worse than urien/ryu and try and make the characters more unique if at all possible. also try and make the bad super arts better.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 7, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That weird hologram fighting game killed arcades iirc

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

even if i think 3s is dumb they should keep most of the weird dumb lovely parry stuff but balance around it because 3s is its own game and trying to rethink parry is such a fundamental overhaul to everyones understanding of the game it would just completely ruin any balance changes youd want to make anyway.

like just nerf chun a bunch and buff all the dudes worse than urien/ryu and try and make the characters more unique if at all possible. also try and make the bad super arts better.

Make rolling thunder link from dart shot so I can at least style on people with it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AnonSpore posted:

Make rolling thunder link from dart shot so I can at least style on people with it

tbh i think dudley is pretty close to the pinnacle of 3s balance so he probably wouldnt get too much lol. i guess buffing everyone at the top tier very slightly with some fun tools would be neat but mostly reserving them to gimmicks. any nerfs to the toppest of tiers would make the top half of the games roster pretty well balanced (its already pretty close, urien/ryu are like the worst chars in the top tier and have 4-6 mus with the rest of the top tier in most cases so ideally you'd want to crunch the entire rosters balance between them and chun).

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Smoking Crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDNpbgAO5FM

xiao hai effortlessly defeating a saudi oil sheik at kof 98 using only his left hand is why kof is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u8PrEJugDQ&t=1570s

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The rise of home consoles and online experiences on PC killed arcades, but I mean if you wanna blame 3S for it who am I to stop you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goetta posted:

That weird hologram fighting game killed arcades iirc

Holosseum? I highly doubt anybody gave enough of a poo poo about that game for it to impact the life of arcades

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

9/11 killed arcades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Side bar: has anybody successfully emulated the hardware that Holosseum worked on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Smoking Crow posted:

9/11 killed arcades

Nah, 2002 came out.