Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Change log for some new update.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...ted-later-today

Who called the sharp weapon nerfs :v:

And hard is basically a joke now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I got invited to a NO MICROTRANSACTIONS group after I left a negative review, lol

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TheTatteredKing posted:

I got invited to a NO MICROTRANSACTIONS group after I left a negative review, lol

haha, those idiots are still going. of course.

Patch notes posted:

Greatly reduced the instances of Zed teleportation. Essentially players should never notice zeds teleport now unless a zed is completely stuck and cannot move, which should be extremely rare.
Siren can no longer teleport. Added the Siren to the list of large and more powerful zeds that can not teleport.
Crawlers - It was hard to notice when crawlers were attacking you so we adjusted the stationary attack animations. We've also redone their getup animations.
You can now jump over and onto crawlers, knocking them down.
Refined evade animations for Crawler, Slasher and Stalker
Zeds now utilize evade animations when trying to avoid grenades

those all sound good, IMO

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Changelog looks pretty encouraging

TheTatteredKing posted:

same. god i gently caress hate invite spamming poo poo groups, 99.9% of the time theyre also about the most obnoxiously stupid topics ever

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
boycottl4d2group.jpg

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There was a 'boycot L4D2' group? :psyduck: Why?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Why did they nerf the Zed's damage in Hard as if that was the problem?
The problem with Hard, as someone who almost exclusively plays hard, is the terrible resistance system making it unreasonably more difficult and less fun. Making the Zeds do less damage won't make hard fun again, removing the garbage system that makes it feel like all my weapons are poo poo will. While i'm sure Hard will be easy as poo poo now, this was a step in the wrong direction. They're updating the game around the Resistance system instead of doing away with it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because the Resistance system tested really well internally and "We worked hard on it so we don't wanna remove it :qq:"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Truecon420 posted:

Why did they nerf the Zed's damage in Hard as if that was the problem?
The problem with Hard, as someone who almost exclusively plays hard, is the terrible resistance system making it unreasonably more difficult and less fun. Making the Zeds do less damage won't make hard fun again, removing the garbage system that makes it feel like all my weapons are poo poo will. While i'm sure Hard will be easy as poo poo now, this was a step in the wrong direction. They're updating the game around the Resistance system instead of doing away with it.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because the Resistance system tested really well internally and "We worked hard on it so we don't wanna remove it :qq:"

Yeah, gorefasts hurting slightly less on one difficulty isn't the same satisfaction as T1 weapons popping their domes in one shot on all of them. Trash is trash. Chained headshots for trash in a wave that can have over 100 enemies by the end just adds up the frustration and ammo waste even if you don't miss.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I like that it was apparently necessary to reduce the EBR's stun by a factor of 5.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There was a 'boycot L4D2' group? :psyduck: Why?
I think people were whining that it came out very soon after 1 and they had been expecting everything "new" in it as free poo poo for l4d instead.

so gamers.txt

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Literally that. There are many great screenshots of the members page of that group on l4d2's launch day where the majority of them are green and playing the very game they were boycotting.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
That changelog looked okay to me, but I'm casual scum.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I like that it was apparently necessary to reduce the EBR's stun by a factor of 5.

the propensity for huge, sweeping changes is what got them into this resists debacle, so of course they make a huge, sweeping change to the M14

dear TWI: we actually don't mind smaller, gradual changes

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

the propensity for huge, sweeping changes is what got them into this resists debacle, so of course they make a huge, sweeping change to the M14

dear TWI: we actually don't mind smaller, gradual changes

If there were a reason provided for the change, I might be more understanding. But there's not. For all their internal testing, TWI somehow missed that the M14 was 5X better at stunning than they thought it should be? Uh...

Also, I'd remind everyone that the M14 does less damage and has less stun power than the two lower-tier Sharpshooter weapons. You need to reach 100 stun power in order to incapacitate anything you'd care about incapacitating. And basically every one of those enemies also recovers from stun at a rate of 20 "points" per second.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Danknificent posted:

That changelog looked okay to me, but I'm casual scum.

Heh look at this pleb, I bet he just wants a head popping simulator :jerkbag:

That EBR change is kinda wacky, it almost appears the community ended up using the weapon in a way that wasn't intended? What the h*ck were they expecting?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm confused as to why the sharpshooter doesn't get a flat increase to damage, only to headshots, which is basically a giant gently caress you/invitation to stunspam. There is no reason to play sharpshooter the class until at least level 5.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I think people were whining that it came out very soon after 1 and they had been expecting everything "new" in it as free poo poo for l4d instead.

so gamers.txt

To be fair, Valve did promise to update L4D1 with a bunch of content, new campaigns, new weapons, a way to customize your survivor and such and didn't deliver.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

i miss those threads

but also i dont

its a complicated feeling

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Heh look at this pleb, I bet he just wants a head popping simulator :jerkbag:

That EBR change is kinda wacky, it almost appears the community ended up using the weapon in a way that wasn't intended? What the h*ck were they expecting?

I never bought the railgun on suicidal because with the stun perk, you stunned Scrakes in two headshots for about 5 seconds and stunned Fleshpounds in ~5 headshots for also 5 seconds using just the EBR, which also had enough ammo to take on just about anything the game threw at you.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Balance stuff aside, I wish they'd finally do something about zeds bouncing up and down like a demented kangaroo whenever they encounter the slightest vertical obstacle. That poo poo has been around since the very beginning of the EA.

az
Dec 2, 2005

The only way twi is going to stop bouncy zeds is to nerf z levels.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Perestroika posted:

Balance stuff aside, I wish they'd finally do something about zeds bouncing up and down like a demented kangaroo whenever they encounter the slightest vertical obstacle. That poo poo has been around since the very beginning of the EA.

Wasn't this a problem in KF1 as well?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's basically an unreal engine problem, anything that is modeled like actual stairs causes some lollerskate issues

UT, you will notice, basically uses handicap-accessible ramps everywhere.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
After getting a chance to play Sharpshooter after the nerf, my main question is just "what's the point?"

quote:

Decreased EBR Rifle stun power to 8 (was 40)
Decreased Railgun stun power reduced to 50 (was 100)

I don't see why the railgun's stun power even needed a nerf since it outright killed anything it headshot regardless, but whatever. The EBR's nerf makes it completely useless as a weapon to stun enemies, which was the only thing it had to make it an optional primary over the railgun. But even if it did still stun enemies...

quote:

Stun duration refinements - After fixing an issue with how stun durations was calculated the following stun durations should now be applied. This should make it harder to stun-lock large Zeds.

...There's now no reason to actually be able to stun anything now that Scrakes and Fleshpounds are stunned for a whopping one second while everything else will just die by the time you stun it. The only thing which has maintained its stun power is the crossbow, and they already nerfed that. The perk increasing stun power is now at critical levels of useless, because the only thing I managed to stun with it was a 6-man suicidal Scrake with one crossbow headshot. I guess it's nice for my teammates, because it's already unstunned by the time I can actually shoot. But the perk is competing with just outright doing more damage, so there's no reason to pick it if your only benefit is briefly stunning a single type of zed which also rarely spawns.

quote:

Increased Railgun Lock on time for Bloat/Scrake/Fleshpound is now 1.1sec (was 0.35)

There's absolutely no reason to do this. You already do just a third of the damage using the autoaim for the railgun (to the point where you don't even kill the Bloat, just decapitate him). There were only two reasons to use the lock on for these three zeds. The first is that you're lazy and don't feel like aiming, in which case this nerf is literally just an unneeded nuisance that only trivially annoys you. The second is that the Scrake and Fleshpound are freaking out because your teammates are being stupid and shooting them just to make them rage. In which case, why in the world would you actively choose to punish the Sharpshooter for their teammates' mistakes? It's just making the game feel worse instead of balanced.

Now see, I would make it so that it's impossible for Sharpshooter to stun anything unless it lands a headshot instead of just making their weapons unable to stun in general. Then you would punish Sharpshooters for not being good at the class while still keeping it rewarding for Sharpshooters who are. But that's just me.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 10, 2016

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
someone please explain to the devs that no one apart from the whiny morons on their forums cares about making KF2 into a balanced hardcore experience for the true hardcore gamers

did no one learn any lessons from wildstar? harcore gamers should almost never be listened to

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RottenK posted:

someone please explain to the devs that no one apart from the whiny morons on their forums cares about making KF2 into a balanced hardcore experience for the true hardcore gamers

did no one learn any lessons from wildstar? harcore gamers should almost never be listened to

Well that would require remembering Wildstar in the first place, so.

But yeah, I remember uninstalling this to make room. It was eating about 31 GB of space I think.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYdrq6_kpZM

Versus would be such much more fun if more zeds had trapping moves like the Siren.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYdrq6_kpZM

Versus would be such much more fun if more zeds had trapping moves like the Siren.

Wow, that just straight-up kills you if nobody's around to help, huh?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7PVCVs5RYM

They patched double barrel shots so ragdolls will fly away farther, and it's great.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

They patched double barrel shots so ragdolls will fly away farther, and it's great.

The 2 barrel blast has enough power to stumble an attakcing Scrake if enough pellets hit him.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

This is the only change I've wanted in the game. Release now good.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is the only change I've wanted in the game. Release now good.

Now they have to re-add the ridiculous knock back/ kick from the hunting shotgun so I can jump and shoot and fly back to escape

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Skoll posted:

Questioner, please come back to us. We're sorry we were childish and mean to you. If you come back, Dark_Swordmaster will suck your dick. He swallows. :a2m:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thanks, whoever reported this dude. or thank you mod for taking out the trash

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm amused at the fact that Trip had a big stream today and this thread is dead as poo poo.

Anyway, copy and pasting directly from 4chan's /kfg/

quote:

>Early Access (Launch) Done Right ;^)
>Full Release WILL be in 2016 ;^)

>Agent Wilkes Armour Set coming FOR FREE, can be used on any character, but ONLY for Early Access buyers
>Cardboard Knight Set coming as well
>Currently no plans for crossovers with other games
>In-game store has been good, fortnightly item rotation for sale will be permanent feature
>Less headband drops
>Item bundles being considered
>Gibson looking like he wants to throw up during the entire Zedconomy segment

>Post-release KF2 will get support like KF1
>Maps will always be free, as will new zeds, don't want to split the playerbase
>Cosmetics that provide gameplay buffs are not being considered
>KF2 hoped to have at least as long a life as KF1

>Full release will have 10 perks, allegedly
>MP5 weapon confirmed
>SWAT will have high mobility in ADS, Advanced Armour (As long speculated, derived from KF1 Medic), high fire rate, can slow Zeds
>10th Perk will be announced in next couple of weeks, "not what you are expecting" (Literally STAY TUNED - Gibson 2016)
>Reforms planned for Support, Firebug and Medic
>SO SORRY for Resistances
>Sui/HOE big guys will protect their heads, some trash will be more evasive
>AI Super-Clot can spawn in and rage trash

>John Gibson shows off his 10/10 GF, and basically, you're loving retarded
>New official maps coming, looking for best community maps to add
>Crawler wall-walking not happening
>Mrs Foster, Chickenator, not planned for EA release, Stay Tuned
>Seasonal events will be back
>New dialogue wheel options may happen in distant future
>Custom music not until post-release
>Server takeover feature, "like a listen server"
>Third Boss confirmed to exist, but no details atm

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I'm amused at the fact that Trip had a big stream today and this thread is dead as poo poo.

Much like KF2.

Also, "SO SORRY for Resistances," yet they still exist.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Were I not on my phone at work, I'd post that "we're soooorry" South Park gif. You know the one.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

quote:

>Agent Wilkes Armour Set coming FOR FREE, can be used on any character, but ONLY for Early Access buyers
>Cardboard Knight Set coming as well
>Full release will have 10 perks, allegedly
>MP5 weapon confirmed
>SWAT
>Mrs Foster, Chickenator, not planned for EA release, Stay Tuned
>Seasonal events will be back
>New dialogue wheel options may happen in distant future
>Custom music not until post-release

Yes please and thank you.

I really do want to hear their lore justification for a man in a chicken costume.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
honestly, bonus points if they just throw lore out the window for that one and simply put "he is a weird white guy in a chicken suit" as the character description, and leave it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well the lore justification in KF1 is that he went insane.