Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is loving terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

Majuju posted:

no music, no commentary, just the whine of a dirtbike, truly this is zen speedrun

I like this post. It changed my whole view of this run and helped me reach a relaxed and calm state of mind while listening to the wind and slight patter of rain outside of my window.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Dias posted:

I'd watch that if it was sleep-deprived bonesaw on the wheel.

I'd probably watch anything if it was sleep-deprived Bonesaw playing it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
the tanke....shot the screen

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

runs like this for reasons stated above by more articulate posters than I make me xtra sad because the runner's doing his best and you know they asses get blown up on twitter/chat for something that 's not their fault :cry:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

bef posted:

next time play this in the middle of the night...not when everyones getting back from work...thx

Joke's on you, it is the middle of the night and so it's time for me to go to sleep.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
actually, I think it's a great idea to have some really stupidly long runs in the GDQ, just not on a main screen. put them on a side screen and then you can check in on them during the longer setup breaks, and post the whole VOD after.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

okay this boat level is actually loving epic though

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
My favourite part is how upset everyone is getting over this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, if the commentary existed was better and they explained why these levels are interesting/hard, maybe I could get into this, some of those jumps look difficult but I have no idea if they are.

It's like Stepmania but less offensive to my ears and less outright impressive.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
But yeah I mean they are doing ultra hard custom tracks after this, you just... kinda have to get through this first.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I put on some chillwave and muted the stream and it got vastly more enjoyable immediately

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tokit posted:

My favourite part is how upset everyone is getting over this.

ha ha the people don't like the bad thing! epic

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

beep by grandpa posted:

runs like this for reasons stated above by more articulate posters than I make me xtra sad because the runner's doing his best and you know they asses get blown up on twitter/chat for something that 's not their fault :cry:

There's 4 people with mics, none of them are anything anything interesting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

ha ha the people don't like the bad thing! epic

so many nice meltdowns like posts saying "this is kinda boring"

why so mad bro

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

at least the crowd seems to be enjoying the dumb jokes in these levels

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

This would honestly be better if the guy next to the runner would take the runners' hints and speak without being prompted

What a terrible couch

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

anyone who's played Trials: is there a soundtrack? do they just have it turned off because it'd be too clippy as they clear levels so fast?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Going to watch the Resident Evil 2 run since people said it was a good run instead, since this still has a hour left!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Rokstar posted:

But yeah I mean they are doing ultra hard custom tracks after this, you just... kinda have to get through this first.

actually no you don't you just do the actual speed run and not "look at what these nerd idiots made that you don't care about"

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I'm really feeling the giant trash can from that last level.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ignis posted:

This would honestly be better if the guy next to the runner would take the runners' hints and speak without being prompted

What a terrible couch

This is why I don't mind motormouthes, more often than not the couch sits there with their hands on their balls instead of saying anything, so I prefer a very active commentator and if anyone else has something to say, start asserting yourself.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Majuju posted:

anyone who's played Trials: is there a soundtrack? do they just have it turned off because it'd be too clippy as they clear levels so fast?

since they're all user created content prob not since people would be adding all sorts of non kosher licensed music.

Hey UA I'm curious now - do GDQ vids ever get hit with copyright claims/takedowns? I imagine one playthrough of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 would get the entire channel shut down.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I made myself some delicious chilled coffee, how are the rest of you doing?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Real talk just watching this I feel like I can do the same thing, just give me like 15 extra minutes on the estimate

this event feels like someone decided to splurge on steam sales and now they're just playing everything

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

actually no you don't you just do the actual speed run and not "look at what these nerd idiots made that you don't care about"

You're not wrong. I'm just trying to make the best of what we've got here.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Majuju posted:

Maybe the custom levels have really bad or meme music.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
I just tuned in and it's Rayman on a trials bike slamming his face into a wall? OK.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

HoneyBoy posted:

this event feels like someone decided to splurge on steam sales and now they're just playing everything

that would be a better speedrun event

"The Best Speedrunners of X Genre play games in that Genre blind and see how fast they can beat them"

Have three or four different runs going at once

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I guess custom levels don't have soundtracks because you have to make it yourself?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jarogue posted:

Maybe the custom levels have really bad or meme music.

just play meme mashups on repeat by now the sweet embrace of snow halation would be a comfort anyway

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
next AGDQ have pewdiepie play Happy Wheels

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

i'm eating an ice cream sandwich and playing a videogame and i'm having alot of fun

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
see this map is cool now i wish you'd just you know say fuckin' words

by now i'm hatewatching this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i've never played trials but adding a turret section seems like it's missing what people are getting out of trials

e: ahahaha a loving qte

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Your Computer posted:

takin a poo poo

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Setting a time to pick up the new Splatoon Amiibo so that I don't miss the runs I want to see tomorrow.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Bold decision to follow up Tetris with the most dull man on the planet.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Your Computer posted:

Oooooh I could go for some of that, good call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I thought they were done for a second there...

• Locked thread