Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rirse posted:

First season of Dragon Ball Z is free on the Microsoft store. Think this covers all the Saiyan Saga.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/tv/dragon-ball-z/season-1/8d6kgwzlcsk9

Yeah looks like this is the start up through Goku in the hospital, that's a lotta episodes for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

"Dragon Ball Z" and "Microsoft" in the same phrase is something very weird to read, for some reason. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived or something.

Microsoft Dragon Ball Z 3.11

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bill gates is goku black, calling it now

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Stairmaster posted:

wait hold on if whis did turn back time to before black left wouldn't that result in black being in two separate timelines at the same time?

I don't think so since Whis' ability seems to ctrl+z their current timeline instead of creating new timelines like the CC time machines. I was watching the last episode thinking 'welp why doesn't Whis just reverse time just before Black destroys the time machine?'

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I don't think so since Whis' ability seems to ctrl+z their current timeline instead of creating new timelines like the CC time machines. I was watching the last episode thinking 'welp why doesn't Whis just reverse time just before Black destroys the time machine?'

Cus the machine is forbidden and it doesn't give him food

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Negrostrike posted:

"Dragon Ball Z" and "Microsoft" in the same phrase is something very weird to read, for some reason. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived or something.

Microsoft Dragon Ball Z 3.11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jl6HlX3bM

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I sincerely hope someone mentions that it isn't a real Time Machine soon..

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black Goku is the preorder bonus for Xenoverse 2. Majin can transform.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2g1dmuskjs

I don't know why Future Gohan looks so worried on the cover art.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's going to be interesting having the first US-voiced Dragonball Super content be from a video game, but I guess that's par for the course for DBZ anyway over here.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dub black goku is going to be the coolest thing ever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just gonna be the Bardock voice isn't it

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What if Black Goku is Bardock!? Dun, Dun, DUN!!!!

Nah, that'd be stupid.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well Bardock is a time traveler now so it's not like it would be the most baseless theory in the world.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Super episode titles (One of them is a full title of a previous reveal, but it gives big info)

53 - Reveal Black's True Identity! Now, To The Kaioshin Realm of Universe 10! - July 31st

54 - Inheritors of Saiyan Blood: Trunks' Resolve - August 7th

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

New Super episode titles (One of them is a full title of a previous reveal, but it gives big info)

53 - Reveal Black's True Identity! Now, To The Kaioshin Realm of Universe 10! - July 31st

54 - Inheritors of Saiyan Blood: Trunks' Resolve - August 7th

Soo If Future Trunks goes SSJ Blue what happens to his hair? Maybe he just gets the red form?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HGH posted:

It's just gonna be the Bardock voice isn't it

More likely it will be me more like Sean Schemmel's Super Saiyan 4 voice except better because that was a decade ago.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexo posted:

Soo If Future Trunks goes SSJ Blue what happens to his hair? Maybe he just gets the red form?

Super Saiyan Blue still changes the hair to Super Saiyan, unlike God who does slight changes to base hair. If we got a Super Saiyan Blue Trunks, he'd still have his hair go spiky, even if there was only a slight colour change, if that.

Augus posted:

More likely it will be me more like Sean Schemmel's Super Saiyan 4 voice except better because that was a decade ago.

So he'll try way too hard to sound cool?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish they'd replace Sean Schemmel with Betty White so we can get the canonically accurate Goku voice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

So he'll try way too hard to sound cool?

Yes, which is exactly how Black Goku should sound

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/9qOcanJ.gifv

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

I don't think trunks will go super saiyan blue or god i think black just won't be that strong and goku will decide that trunks has to beat him because trunks can't keep violating time law every time a badguy shows up

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Trunks will go SSJ3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I don't think trunks will go super saiyan blue or god i think black just won't be that strong and goku will decide that trunks has to beat him because trunks can't keep violating time law every time a badguy shows up

He looks like goku he has to be a big deal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It'd be pretty disappointing for Black to have all this build up and then not turn out to actually be a thing

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It'd be pretty disappointing for Black to have all this build up and then not turn out to actually be a thing

i hope this will turn out to be the case, because it would be funny

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

he is a thing, just a thing that trunks has to deal with, he's basically trunks' majinbuu since he decided to skip that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who likes fusions? You all might enjoy this :v:
http://www.projectmurphy.net/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
#ProjectMurphy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We're gonna build a space wall and we're gonna make Frieza Planet 79 pay for it.

Lavastine
Jul 16, 2007
If I've already watched all of the original Dragonball anime is there any stuff I've missed out by not reading the manga? Like missing arcs etc...?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the anime isn't missing any arcs

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lavastine posted:

If I've already watched all of the original Dragonball anime is there any stuff I've missed out by not reading the manga? Like missing arcs etc...?

The original Dragonball anime is really good, from filler to actually following the story very faithfully. All you really miss by not reading the manga is Akira himself coming into the comic to comment on how lazy he is while drawing the fusion sequence because he just draws the same thing for 3-4 pages and Krillin calls him out on it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GT has been doing a lot of things wrong so far but bringing back THE GREAT SAIYAWOMAN and having Chi-Chi be her sidekick was not among them.

Also 18 helping kill Super 17 was cool.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Also 18 helping kill Super 17 was cool.

Even if it was just token assistance, I agree. I love seeing the B- and C- listers get involved. One of my favorite moments in the entire series is when everyone is giving it their all blasting into Perfect Cell when he's locked in the Kamehameha struggle with Gohan knowing that they really aren't doing anything other than being annoying, or when Krillin lashes out against Buu just trying to buy everyone a few more seconds.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

GT has been doing a lot of things wrong so far

Try to summarize the storylines so far and you'll notice a pattern: They are very potentially interesting storylines, hampered only by bad execution.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Mordaedil posted:

Try to summarize the storylines so far and you'll notice a pattern: They are very potentially interesting storylines, hampered only by bad execution.

It's true.. Super 17, Baby, Golden Oozaru, SS4 and Evil Shenron are all awesome sounding ideas but turning Goku into a kid and hokey comedy pretty much killed GT from the get go. The animation is loving strange too.. There's just something off about it and I can't put my finger on it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A big thing about it is simply that Toriyama doesn't really show people aging that much unless it's in super bursts.

Bulma has looked the same since she became an adult, ChiChi looked younger in the Buu Saga than she did previously, that kind of thing.

This just makes everyone look old which is realistic but not something you'd really see in Dragon Ball. See Bulma's mom

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'd say one reason why GT looks "off" is the color palette. It seems a lot more "muted" or "muddy" than DB/Z/Super

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The power scales are weird too. Granted I haven't watched much of it, but everything feels slow and weak. I don't recall hearing anything about GT that was as harrowing as Vegeta getting tortured by Frieza, or Buu massacring the planet, or the Gohan/Cell beam clash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't GT have some random henchman for scientist who created Baby is said to be stronger then Kid Buu?

• Locked thread