Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Okay, seriously. How is her hair fitting in that.

The same way anyone's hair fits under form-fitting Spider-Man masks or whatever.

Unstable molecules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Reminds me a bit of Rescue. I appreciate it doesn't have Iron Man Breasts though.

Same, although the butt does seem to all be one color. (which I find amusing, not Actually Problamatic)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
According to the FreepWatch thread in D&D, lunatic right-wing message board Free Republic has just found out about our All-New Iron Man.

(That link takes you to the D&D post, not Free Republic. I'm not a monster, after all.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Death of X revealed.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/07/marvels-death-x-mutants-inhuman
The most notable thing is that it's Aaron Kuder's first job since Greg Pak's Action Comics. He's amazing.

I bet we'll find out Scott didn't die after all!

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Is Aaron also staying on Doctor Strange? FosThor, Odinson, Dr Strange, Southern Bastards, The Goddamned... that's a lot of writing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SilverSupernova posted:

I knew a guy in high school who had a massive Afro that he was able to cram underneath an ordinary baseball cap. Hair is surprisingly compressible.

See also: women who can grab a pencil and turn their waist-length hair into a three-inch knot on the back of their heads.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I guarantee Bendis has like 3 helmet hair jokes already written.

Possibly followed up by a riff on the 'Stark steps out of the armour and is wearing an Armani suit' with Riri having perfect hair and a designer pantsuit/gown on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

The same way anyone's hair fits under form-fitting Spider-Man masks or whatever.

Unstable molecules.

Unstable follicles.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SilverSupernova posted:

Randy Moss managed it okay.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I guess that my problem with Captain Hydra was that it took them less than an issue to reveal the mystery (despite being super obvious) instead of playing a bit more with expectations and misdirection.
Also is this the second time in less than 10 years of Cap totally for real suffering some terrible fate? Seems a bit overdone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I guess that my problem with Captain Hydra was that it took them less than an issue to reveal the mystery (despite being super obvious) instead of playing a bit more with expectations and misdirection.
Also is this the second time in less than 10 years of Cap totally for real suffering some terrible fate? Seems a bit overdone.

To be honest (hero) is suffering (terrible fate) has been the status quo for a lot of heroes for a long while now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest (hero) is suffering (terrible fate) has been the status quo for a lot of heroes for a long while now.

Yeah but I mean, a very definitive fate, like how Cap got shot dead at the end of Civil War (with uh, a magical consciousness trapping bullet or something like that if I remember correctly?) that the marketing people try to sell as something THAT CHANGES THINGS FOREVER IN ALL BOOKS

EDIT: magical bullet that had him phase in and out of time and space

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 7, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure that's a valid a complaint at all because it's a basic part of superhero storytelling.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Yeah but I mean, a very definitive fate, like how Cap got shot dead at the end of Civil War (with uh, a magical consciousness trapping bullet or something like that if I remember correctly?) that the marketing people try to sell as something THAT CHANGES THINGS FOREVER IN ALL BOOKS

Yeah but they say that all the time, like how Peter was going to be for-reals dead and Doctor Octopus was the new Spider-Man or whatnot or how Thor's currently Unworthy or Cyclops is dead or... well, you get the idea.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah but they say that all the time, like how Peter was going to be for-reals dead and Doctor Octopus was the new Spider-Man or whatnot or how Thor's currently Unworthy or Cyclops is dead or... well, you get the idea.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

But hey, I guess the dissolved Parker-Watson marriage sure did stick, so that's one for those super permanent changes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The armor hasn't been the same since Extremis -> Bleeding Edge. 90s modular was pretty good.

Of his regular armors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure that's a valid a complaint at all because it's a basic part of superhero storytelling.

It's a valid complaint just not against a particular character/writer.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
You really think it would have been BETTER to let everyone stew and yell for 3/6/12 months before explaining what was up?

If they did that everyone would be POSITIVE their own protests turned the tide and made them back down from what was certainly their plan to make him a real Nazi forever.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

JoshTheStampede posted:

You really think it would have been BETTER to let everyone stew and yell for 3/6/12 months before explaining what was up?

If they did that everyone would be POSITIVE their own protests turned the tide and made them back down from what was certainly their plan to make him a real Nazi forever.

I'd bet that there's already a fair chunk of "activists" that believe their protests caused them to write an explanation and rush it to print the next month to stem the "massive" backlash.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

PaybackJack posted:

I'd bet that there's already a fair chunk of "activists" that believe their protests caused them to write an explanation and rush it to print the next month to stem the "massive" backlash.

I have seen this multiple times and it's hilarious.

One person is protesting by donating the cost of the comic to a Holocaust related charity every month, which if anything seems like something Marvel should be happy being responsible for...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the best part of the new iron man is finding out how many people don't know how hair works

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

X-O posted:

Here's the first look at Riri's Iron Man armor.

Stylish, I like it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

PaybackJack posted:

There's a couple, but Paste was the only one I saw put it in print and they got pretty mocked for it and printed a retraction of sorts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bleeding Cool is reporting on some more Marvel Now titles yet to be announced based on some promo posters that can be ordered.

quote:

Solo by Paco Diaz we might have presumed from the Divided We Stand promotions -Diamond code JUL161101.

The other two are Infamous Iron Man, by Alex Maleev – presumably Victor Von Doom in the role? Diamond code JUL161099

And Doctor Strange And The Sorcerors Supreme by Rafael Albuquerque – looks like we have a new team book alongside the movie… Diamond code JUL161100.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/07/marvel-now-to-launch-infamous-iron-man-doctor-strange-and-the-sorcerors-supreme-and-solo/

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Screw the reactions it'd probably have made for a better story to put it off for two more issues. In the opinion of this connoisseur the third or fourth issue is generally the ideal explanatory issue deep enough in to establish the repercussions of the change but not so deep people stop caring about the mystery.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...Solo?! Really?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Gaz-L posted:

...Solo?! Really?

He's in the upcoming "Deadpool and a bunch of guys no one remembers" book.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I want to take the idiot protesters who think their complaining about comics they don't read made Marvel change course and direct them to Amazing Spider-Man 36/Marvel Heroes, two of the most rushed-rear end rushed comics in the history of the medium which still took three loving months to go from conception to newsstands in the wake of one of the biggest terror attacks in history.

But no, really, Captain America being a fake fictional Nazi made Marvel react harder and more quickly than 9 loving 11. Yes. Of Course.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Reminds me a bit of Rescue. I appreciate it doesn't have Iron Man Breasts though.

I think you mean Iron Manboobs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok, so there was something I was wondering about in Ultimate Fantastic Four, but it seems to never have been answered.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #7.

Why was Man Thing there? There was no explanation for this and it just seems like someone really wanted to draw him and snuck it in the page. Was it because he was next to Ben Grimm, who's a sort of man that's like a thing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok, so there was something I was wondering about in Ultimate Fantastic Four, but it seems to never have been answered.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #7.

Why was Man Thing there? There was no explanation for this and it just seems like someone really wanted to draw him and snuck it in the page. Was it because he was next to Ben Grimm, who's a sort of man that's like a thing?

That middle panel is showing all the possible mutations that Reed and Sue could have undergone. It was possible Reed could have turned into Thing or Man Thing. Sue could have been metallic or fire.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ohhh. I never noticed the metallic head there. And just kinda assumed those were Ben and Johnny already transformed.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ImpAtom posted:

Unstable molecules.

Just as long as she doesn't lose that amazing mane of hers, I'm happy with any magical solution and/or a running gag. I still have flashbacks to Land's ill-advised straigthening of Monica's hair.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Was Man-Thing in the Ultimates Universe a result of the same experiment That made the Ultimate FF and Doom? Everything else lines up in that shot except for Man-Thing as being a product of the N-Zone teleporter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Jess still has like a Nokia Phone from like 2004. I could totally see her when someone says "Why don't you get a new phone?" she responds with "Why? This one works fine".

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

I really like that time but...

Am I the only one who really, really, really, really hates Ultimate Thor's hammer?

Why can't we just have Odinson rock around with his Destroyer arm, kickass axe and crazy Tetsuo cloak? Isn't that badass enough? He's more vulnerable without the hammer, it differentiates Jane from him even more, and the hammer just looks silly, especially when you've already got an axe like, right there!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nilbop posted:

He's more vulnerable without the hammer, it differentiates Jane from him even more, and the hammer just looks silly, especially when you've already got an axe like, right there!

Maybe he keeps it for the passive buffs?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Nilbop posted:

Am I the only one who really, really, really, really hates Ultimate Thor's hammer?

Why can't we just have Odinson rock around with his Destroyer arm, kickass axe and crazy Tetsuo cloak? Isn't that badass enough? He's more vulnerable without the hammer, it differentiates Jane from him even more, and the hammer just looks silly, especially when you've already got an axe like, right there!

This kind of thing is why they added transmogrification. He's just gonna use some level 20 green.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

Well it is called the Unworthy Thor. Maybe he still won't be able to lift it. I mean, I know he became Worthy again right at the end of Avengers before Secret Wars, but we're still a little hazy about a lot of things from right near the end of Avengers/New Avengers that may-have-most-likely-have-been retconned into never happening post-SW. You know, stuff like Tony Stark and Captain America beating each other to death in the middle of the desert or Punisher gunning down like every criminal in NYC in one fell swoop.

Although now I'm stuck thinking about the mechanics of Mjolnir(s). If Thor (Odinson) becomes worthy, wouldn't he just be able to summon Mjolnir-616 back to his hand again? Would that just rip it out of Jane's hand? Does he like... map a hammer to himself? How do all the worthy people not just summon the wrong Mjolnir all the time? Frog Thor would be pissed.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

WickedHate posted:

This might be the dumbest misunderstanding of the character I've ever seen.

Ultimates or not, "you think this letter stands for France" is pretty much the bar.

• Locked thread