Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Cool and good. :D Love how motivated people are to share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

TES lore is literally the dumbest of all video game lore, and that's saying a lot. :allears:

iirc you can literally rewrite history in TES with the Elder Scrolls lol.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Twitch chat spamming LEGALIZE SKOOMA makes me sad that the Oblivion run won't be the longer category, as it involves a huge amount of skooma abuse.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Internet Kraken posted:

Twitch chat spamming LEGALIZE SKOOMA makes me sad that the Oblivion run won't be the longer category, as it involves a huge amount of skooma abuse.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that it's the 5 minute run because the longer runs are way more amusing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

skooma abuse is a serious health issue and i'm glad sgdq won't condone it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Beautiful end there with commentary.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Erata posted:

iirc you can literally rewrite history in TES with the Elder Scrolls lol.

In the first three games the province of cyrodil was a badass jungle, but emperor so and so used the elder scrolls, aka the game's design documents, to turn it into a bland western european forest for oblivion.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
HAIL SA... savior?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yall need to seriously play morrowind if you haven't, it's as amazing even not being speedrun and even doing one of those wacky things makes the game nuts

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mortimer posted:

yall need to seriously play morrowind if you haven't, it's as amazing even not being speedrun and even doing one of those wacky things makes the game nuts

The game reaaaaally hasn't aged well for anyone without rose-tinted nostalgiagoggles unfortunately.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Of course the soundtrack choice that's winning for Crypt of the Necrodancer is metal. Fuckin nerds :rolleyes:

Especially bad considering the retro game music one in second place is by Virt! Jake Kaufman! Come on. You drat nerds and your metal

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Your Computer posted:

The game reaaaaally hasn't aged well for anyone without rose-tinted nostalgiagoggles unfortunately.

there isn't a rolleyes big enough

stop hating

start loving

Macaluso posted:

Of course the soundtrack choice that's winning for Crypt of the Necrodancer is metal. Fuckin nerds :rolleyes:

Especially bad considering the retro game music one in second place is by Virt! Jake Kaufman! Come on. You drat nerds and your metal

:sigh: why

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Macaluso posted:

to be fair a signifigant portion of the marathon is all chiptunes as is

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
.... 1,000 hours in Skyrim? I'm so glad someone's going to beat it in under an hour.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

:negative: nerds

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Your Computer posted:

That's what Skywind's for!

... eventually.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gamerofthegame posted:

to be fair a signifigant portion of the marathon is all chiptunes as is

Yeah cause that poo poo's good and metal is bullshit

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

ZShakespeare posted:

In the first three games the province of cyrodil was a badass jungle, but emperor so and so used the elder scrolls, aka the game's design documents, to turn it into a bland western european forest for oblivion.

I think his name was Todd of Howard.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm excited for the shopkeeper's opera.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mortimer posted:

there isn't a rolleyes big enough

stop hating

start loving

not hating, but lol if you think the already horrible Bethesda Combat™ needed hitchance

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

it would be great is skooma would literally be sugar

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oblivion speedrun good. so what.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
obilivion

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

If you think Morrowind hasn't aged well, then boy oh boy do I have the game for you! (It's Oblivion)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Xenothral posted:

If you think Morrowind hasn't aged well, then boy oh boy do I have the game for you! (It's Oblivion)

patrick stewart is ageless

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I always trust a talking door.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RIP this speedrun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
BETHESDA AM I RITE?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
hate it when runners go over estimate

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

so Bethesda with another messed up quest flag, who would have thought?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

"We're too late!"

Yeah Martin, been waiting here for like 8 hours.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Garfield will truly become the dragonborn we deserve.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well, that sure was Oblivion done quick.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

so Bethesda with another messed up quest flag, who would have thought?

Imagine being the developer working on the finishing touches of an early area, being told "yeah, add in the ending hallways NOW!", and going "...Right".

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Oh cool Two Worlds got in.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

forever loling that both oblivion and fallout 3's finales involve you standing around while something giant gets to do the badass setpiece poo poo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

sweetroy posted:

hate it when runners go over estimate

i can't believe UA himself is banning this guy

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Two Worlds estimate is 2 minutes. I'm excited.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I wish they'd stop doing those "intros"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

forever loling that both oblivion and fallout 3's finales involve you standing around while something giant gets to do the badass setpiece poo poo

All Bethesda games are bad.

• Locked thread