Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait why does he need to get married

who doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I always cry at weddings.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This is amazing.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

I always cry at weddings.

Same but from laughter

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
this is an incredible way to skip a cutscene

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The drama! The twists! The turns!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

oh my god

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWADmizrW8

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

This is great

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Goes into a fugue state while at the wedding ceremony, hallucinates fighting a dragon in the past and somehow learns many things. Skyrim!

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 8, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is the best reason to get married!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Pushing against mountain sides until you finally get to where you want to go is exactly how I play Skyrim.

Getting control in cut scenes when you weren't supposed to and wandering off to check out other things is the other way I play Skyrim.

I had no idea I was speed running it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im fighting a dragon in the future past, dream vision

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Sorry I couldn't make it to our Vegas wedding, sweetheart; I had to fight a dragon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:rip: That one guy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

:rip:

That one guy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like how the game is still prompting him to open his inventory because he hasn't opened it yet :allears:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

ToiletDuckie posted:

Suddenly, this run took a turn for the Vegas.

there is actually a quest with Sheogorath that starts with a drinking game and ends with maybe you hosed a goat

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

is Bethesda staffed by Tech Priests or something? What is wrong with these games :psyduck:

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

there is actually a quest with Sheogorath that starts with a drinking game and ends with maybe you hosed a goat

...Goatborn?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

that's sanguine

/tesnerd

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Aces High posted:

is Bethesda staffed by Tech Priests or something? What is wrong with these games :psyduck:

The engine has been cobbled together with the corpses of multiple previous games because they never ever make different engines ever because Gamebryo "Just works!".

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

"It's no use!" *woosh*

Nice Sonic '06 reference Skyrim!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

my headcanon is definitely

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Xenothral posted:

The engine has been cobbled together with the corpses of multiple previous games because they never ever make different engines ever because Gamebryo "Just works!".

holy gently caress they ARE Tech Priests then, they won't make new things just keep praying to the old engines

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mortimer posted:

that's sanguine

/tesnerd

doesn't matter, had sex (with a goat)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aces High posted:

they insist on using a loving godawful engine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aces High posted:

holy gently caress they ARE Tech Priests then, they won't make new things just keep praying to the old engines

lol, bethesda as tech priests explains a ton

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Bethesda has been using the same engine since Oblivion.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

i had such a terrible sleep deprived day at work but that jak and daxter run was too good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I like this runner

e: MST3K ref blew by this announcer

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Bethesda has been using the same engine since Oblivion.

I think there are even bits of morrowind still used there, it really is just paperclips and duct-tape

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
It is inexcuseable that they still use gamebryo since they've had idtech for ages now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh my god is this a real thing that happens in the game. Nothing about that meeting looks like a fun thing to do

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Cubey posted:

Morrowind's combat is superior to that of Oblivion and Skyrim by virtue of you actually being able to kill things. Every fight in those games takes a loving eternity because Bethesda had no idea how to balance combat in which you never miss so every enemy is just a massive damage sponge and it is tedious as gently caress and there's nothing you can do about it at any point. In Morrowind you can hit most of the time even early on by building your class right or by just using destruction magic and most fights are over in seconds, and when you level up to like 20 or so most enemies are one or two shot kills.

I have started and quit Morrowind around 6 times because I enjoy the story and whatnot, but I could never hit anything in melee combat, so leaving the town kinda left me with nothing to do. Skyrim's combat actually worked and things die pretty fast in it. :shrug:

I've heard it is a great game, but the combat engine is complete trash and it renders it unplayable for me.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ZShakespeare posted:

It is inexcuseable that they still use gamebryo since they've had idtech for ages now.

You really want an open world game on iDtech? you want a 400 gig game?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You really want an open world game on iDtech? you want a 400 gig game?

they could scale back on the megatextures or smth idk

It'd be a hell of a lot better to shoehorn and open world into idtech than to put another strip of duct tape on gamebryo.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Macaluso posted:

Oh my god is this a real thing that happens in the game. Nothing about that meeting looks like a fun thing to do

when you're actually playing the game it's an interesting negotiation with a lot of back and forth, but it's utterly antithetical to speedrunning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

CommaToes posted:

I have started and quit Morrowind around 6 times because I enjoy the story and whatnot, but I could never hit anything in melee combat, so leaving the town kinda left me with nothing to do. Skyrim's combat actually worked and things die pretty fast in it. :shrug:

I've heard it is a great game, but the combat engine is complete trash and it renders it unplayable for me.

I dont know if you care to mess with mods, but I assume there are mods to fix what is broken, like all bethesda games

• Locked thread