Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
OP bucket strats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

sweetroy posted:

when you're actually playing the game it's an interesting negotiation with a lot of back and forth, but it's utterly antithetical to speedrunning

Or if you do the civil war quests first then you don't have to negotiate because the other side is dead.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Bethesda has been using the same engine since Oblivion.

To be fair, it seems like there's bits of daggerfall still in there.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I dont know if you care to mess with mods, but I assume there are mods to fix what is broken add anime titties, like all bethesda games

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Level 1.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

and if you think morrowind is ugly (or you need some anime titties), some of the graphics mods that folks have patched in are f ucking amazing. Characters look like rear end, but not a lot you can do there.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

UraniumAnchor posted:

Or if you do the civil war quests first then you don't have to negotiate because the other side is dead.

This, however, would involve doing the civil war quests, which suck.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

"This part is pretty hard to die at." Promptly dies.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alighieri posted:

This part is pretty hard to die at. Promptly dies.

yeah rip

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Alighieri posted:

This part is pretty hard to die at. Promptly dies.

Right before he would have dealt the killing blow himself, no less!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alighieri posted:

lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

KKKLIP ART posted:

there is actually a quest with Sheogorath that starts with a drinking game and ends with maybe you hosed a goat

Even as a fan of these games I'm the firs to admit most of the writing is forgettable, but that quest is legitimately great. Mainly because after you trigger it, you'll keep finding out more stuff about your crazy drunk night as you play through the game. Like a dozen hours after beating it some guy could run up to you to tell you he got the hat you told him to steal in a drunken bet.

Also lmao this final boss is terrible.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Alighieri posted:

:rip:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh that Gormlaith

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
god drat it dude, why would you think people want to see this

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

What's he trying to do now?

e: PogChamp

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
The AI refusing to cooperate needs some yakety sax.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

game is full of glitches because Gamebryo, cant get game to glitch

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
when you get frozen you can flip the gently caress out and spin around like a helicopter, which is what i think he was trying to do

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
GOTTA GO FAS RO DAH

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CommaToes posted:

I have started and quit Morrowind around 6 times because I enjoy the story and whatnot, but I could never hit anything in melee combat, so leaving the town kinda left me with nothing to do. Skyrim's combat actually worked and things die pretty fast in it. :shrug:

I've heard it is a great game, but the combat engine is complete trash and it renders it unplayable for me.

Start as a redguard, endurance as a preferred attribute, long blade as a major skill. There are also a shitton of other builds that work, like just choosing destruction as a major skill and using firebite to kill everything early (especially as magic is insanely op as you progress through the game) or going argonian and choosing spear as a major skill, etc. Just look at the bonuses your race gets and build accordingly, it's really not hard to build a character that can hit things.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sweetroy posted:

when you get frozen you can flip the gently caress out and spin around like a helicopter, which is what i think he was trying to do

i saw 'copter' in the name of the save file he tried to load

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

back-up saves spoiled this run.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Oh no

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

me on skyrim today: Rye Bread is a very good viking name

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Internet Kraken posted:

Also lmao this final boss is terrible.

It cracked me up when I finally got around to playing Skyrim how there was such a huge buildup to the final battle with Alduin (Entering Valhalla or whatever, recruiting the great heroes blah blah) and then it was literally 15 seconds of me standing on him while holding down the attack button. I was insanely overleveled and everything I owned was made from the bones of his dragon brethren and enchanted to hell and back, but still.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:stonk:

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

HE'S THE HORSE

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This is the best glitch exhibition aside from the failed first glitch

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
My Grown-rear end Pony: Dragonspeak is Magic.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
That's some fine rear end horsing around.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"also the horse is invincible."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Im going to attempt to play skyrim with 94 activated mods at once later

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

holy poo poo he's a horse

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

JethroMcB posted:

It cracked me up when I finally got around to playing Skyrim how there was such a huge buildup to the final battle with Alduin (Entering Valhalla or whatever, recruiting the great heroes blah blah) and then it was literally 15 seconds of me standing on him while holding down the attack button. I was insanely overleveled and everything I owned was made from the bones of his dragon brethren and enchanted to hell and back, but still.

When the game was released, the fog was bugged for a lot of people and never spawned. You could have the final battle be shouting at literally nothing and then just holding down attack until he was dead.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
haven't watched since the klonoa run (and the jak and daxter trainwreck), did I miss anything good?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Never knew about the Insurance Fraud mod in Skyrim.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

GeneX posted:

haven't watched since the klonoa run (and the jak and daxter trainwreck), did I miss anything good?
T E R R O R I N S T I N C T

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The thread of prophecy is severed!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

GeneX posted:

Did you catch up with PJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Why would you make a video game like this :psyduck:

• Locked thread