Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Someone Heimlich this guy he's choking hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I got this game for free through GOG like 4 years ago and never played it, there's my Magrunner story.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like how trine 3 is 3d but half the game is just sidescrolling but with the added fun of physics not working the way you want because now it's more than one plane
Did someone say .... Bad Rats?

Elliotw2 posted:

I got this game for free through GOG like 4 years ago and never played it, there's my Magrunner story.
I keep getting confused thinking that I own Time Rifters but eventually realize I own Magrunner. There's my Magrunner story.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 8, 2016

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Elliotw2 posted:

Same here. All I remember about it was that the premise was 'Portal meets Cthulhu'.

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

oh my goodness it's an electromagnetic aibo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

NRVNQSR posted:

Assuming he actually followed through on his "$1 per kill" commitment I don't see how he can be accused of ignoring the incentive. Or was there another incentive apart from Pacifist that I didn't know about?

The thing is, it's not like he messed up and killed enemies, he blatantly went out of his way to do so and said as such while he did it. It was a 5,000 dollar incentive that he willingly, totally ignored. That is all the way not OK and something that should absolutely impact his being able to run again in future marathons.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Cubey posted:

The thing is, it's not like he messed up and killed enemies, he blatantly went out of his way to do so and said as such while he did it. It was a 5,000 dollar incentive that he willingly, totally ignored.

Why? Like, why offer that donation incentive only to flaunt ignoring it entirely? Did he not think it would get met?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Why? Like, why offer that donation incentive only to flaunt ignoring it entirely? Did he not think it would get met?

Judging from the other stuff he said during the run, probably just to be "edgy" and "cool" in front of the Twitch chat.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

His excuse he gave later on was that he did not expect it to get met. Which again, if he wasn't going out of his way to kill enemies and proclaiming that he was ignoring the pacifism incentive, that'd be fair and understandable.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cubey posted:

His excuse he gave later on was that he did not expect it to get met. Which again, if he wasn't going out of his way to kill enemies and proclaiming that he was ignoring the pacifism incentive, that'd be fair and understandable.

I think the worst part was when he was like "Normally I don't kill this enemy, but I will because it's hard" or something. He went out of his way to gently caress over the incentive just because. Doesn't hurt that he's just an unfunny rear end in a top hat on top of it. If he gets to run at a GDQ again I will be beyond shocked.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

He also just wasn't very good. Awkward, boring, and insulting. From a qualitative standpoint i'd never want him back on unless he got way better at live-commentating a run, and that's not even touching him ignoring a donation incentive

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
This game (Pause Ahead) looks like it has a pretty fun gimmick.

The stage layouts reminded me of a game called Tower of Heaven, and it turns out it's by the same developer: http://askiisoft.com/games/

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Its Wagon time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Same here. All I remember about it was that the premise was 'Portal meets Cthulhu'.

While both of these things are cool, combining them in a buzzword description has to be one of the fastest ways to turn me off of something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Ore-GONE Trail" raaaaaaaaaaaaaage

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
There's a marvel joke somewhere in here...

-Civil War
-Falcons
-America
-Buffalo

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm glad that guy on the couch was there to point out all the zany things happening on screen and explain why they were not normal, without his constant comments I would have totally missed the fact that this was a parody game

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
That game looks stupid and all that and it's kinda lame that Any% is just "pick the most broken weapon in the game, go" because Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is legitimately a lot of fun and actually pretty loving hard without The Wild. And indeed, you won't have The Wild to start with.

i've never actually 100%'ed that game because some of the wagons are poo poo

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Why does the tiny child protagonist of Monster Bash look like a NASCAR driver?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

That's what everyone looked like in America in the early 90's.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

How in the world did he only just yesterday discover that the Cyclops' weakness is hitting it in the eye? Is this the only video game this guy has ever played? Or did he just start playing this game yesterday

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

How in the world did he only just yesterday discover that the Cyclops' weakness is hitting it in the eye? Is this the only video game this guy has ever played? Or did he just start playing this game yesterday

Quit being a meanie

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

its a dos game. you expect there arent any weak points because the body is one big hit box.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

Quit being a meanie

<:mad:>

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Just watched the Skyrim run from earlier, it was great, highly recommended.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

yo hmu with a link to that skyrim vod

nvm found it here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/76689322?t=20h47m28s

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 8, 2016

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Alcatrash posted:

Just watched the Skyrim run from earlier, it was great, highly recommended.

Yeah, I managed to catch that one as well. Really fun all around.

Is the Fallout 4 run any good? I've seen all kinds of Fallout speedruns so I want to catch this one since it's a first time in a GDQ.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"look at this ghostbusters game our final boss is A NINJA GAIDEN MONSTER"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If you like it when people use out-of-bounds glitches to get places where they have no business being you'll love the Fallout 4 run. It's sort of like OoT any% where it barely even resembles a normal playthrough anymore, though I'm hoping someone comes up with a longer category where you see more of the actual game

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

All these Genesis games they're playing this hour are fantastic.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

All these Genesis games they're playing this hour are fantastic.

Yeah, Postum Jewel Master is underrated.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Here's a question for UA or other powers that be: could there be a mention of the console (or PC) in the schedule alongside with the game? If memory serves me right, this was a thing in some past events.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That was a terrifying Furby tree boss.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was about to say how neat this game looked and how I really liked the main characters cute little design but holy poo poo that tree was horrifying

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

Here's a question for UA or other powers that be: could there be a mention of the console (or PC) in the schedule alongside with the game? If memory serves me right, this was a thing in some past events.

It was! I'm wondering if we might want an "expanded info" button that shows more information about the schedule (console, notes, stuff like that). I will pass this on to the web dev.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Twinkle Tale seems like a good Genesis ver of Pocky and Rocky

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Twinkle Tale is great but I really wish it wasn't $800+

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
dang, it's the first half of the run and you're already killing satan

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I would have never bought or played a game called "Twinkle Tale" as a kid, but this game looks pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What music is this?

• Locked thread