Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

is this gonna be another VP special, aka "wreck first half, almost throw it away, claw back to overtime just in time and then somehow completely destroy everything in your way WHY NOT DO THAT SOONER fucks sake"

e; app not

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

say yes to double OT
edit for rip

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Of course they win a loving eco after throwing away 20 gun rounds. Of course.

Being Polish is quite a rollercoaster

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

NO AGE BARRIER IN CS

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

dex_sda posted:

Being Polish is quite a rollercoaster

Same except being an Astralis fan.

Maybe all this makes Dig look less bad?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

On my way to Lanxess. I'll have 2-4 pins available, anyone interested in buying the codes? Send me a PM or post ITT or whatever

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

On my way to Lanxess. I'll have 2-4 pins available, anyone interested in buying the codes? Send me a PM or post ITT or whatever

How much? Definitely interested.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Snax needs to wake up

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

I'll take one

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Gotta feel for device. Dude is carrying so hard, but it just doesn't seem to be enough with so much dead weight in the team.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smol posted:

Gotta feel for device. Dude is carrying so hard, but it just doesn't seem to be enough with so much dead weight in the team.

Their 'dead weight' is another carry and a dude who has as many kills as the opposing team's superstar.

This is just VP grinding this match out against all odds.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You've gotta think if they didn't have fat dad they would have snapped vp over their knee Bane style already. Fat Dad deserves some drinks for getting in there and not being a total mess though.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

zonic said he hasn't played cs for 4 years.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

dex_sda posted:

Their 'dead weight' is another carry and a dude who has as many kills as the opposing team's superstar.

Zonic is 23-49 so far in this match. Dead weight.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

zonic said straight out, he's dropping weapons and boosting players pretty much all game.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smol posted:

Zonic is 23-49 so far in this match. Dead weight.

True but never forget one of VPs incredible abilities besides plowing and throwing is to just barely match their opposition by liberal application of plowing and throwing

Case in point, Snax woke up.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

What a sick game

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

Astralis :rip:

All they really wanted was legend status till they get their proper lineup back I guess.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

dex_sda posted:

True but never forget one of VPs incredible abilities besides plowing and throwing is to just barely match their opposition by liberal application of plowing and throwing

Case in point, Snax woke up.

It's called "putting over", you have to make the opponent look good for the crowd.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

lol astralis is playing with two subs. if dupree and kjaerbye were playing vp would be toasted

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gla1ve did better than dupreeh would, zonic was a burden to them though

Also I meant that they clawed back a comeback despite their topfragger barely having enough frags to match the third topfragger on Astralis (the overtime changed that obv)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I need to win every match up just for a silver dorito, then probably win every match up tomorrow and sunday for a gold :negative:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

dex_sda posted:

Gla1ve did better than dupreeh would

I mean...there's really no way of knowing that. Gla1ve is pretty decent as a player, probably not better than dupreeh though, and obviously he's going to be deficient in terms of teamplay and knowing strats.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

dupreeh is pretty good imo. I was surprised at how well Xyp9x played.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jeza posted:

I mean...there's really no way of knowing that. Gla1ve is pretty decent as a player, probably not better than dupreeh though, and obviously he's going to be deficient in terms of teamplay and knowing strats.

I should have prefaced that with "I think that..."

In regards to teamplay I think the necessary change of playstyle from Astralis helped counter the VP T-side style, and VP would have had a much easier time breaking past a typical Astralis defense; it's just that they dropped the ball on both of their own T-sides because, well, very few strats.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Is there not going to be a single nuke this major lol.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Nuke!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Echofox? :drat:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

woot

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I found this great interview with Flipsid3 about this match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwu-6GxBHN4

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Oh great now all the solo queue noobs will spend rounds spinning in spawn just to emulate the pros!

https://clips.twitch.tv/esl_csgo/EncouragingEelKAPOW

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

sleppy posted:

Oh great now all the solo queue noobs will spend rounds spinning in spawn just to emulate the pros!

That was super weird. I didn't see it from the start, but I'm amazed they didn't take a technical pause?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Supposedly the round had started when he started freaking out so no dice. Probably they lose anyway but it was really ugly because at that point they had the momentum.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

Yeah Fallen already had a kill. Once damage is done you can't restart it seems.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Nuke owns

e:
Fallen also

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nuke owns

e:
Fallen also

Seemed like really sloppy from F3. Markeloff not knowing he could be seen in that spot, the other guy not just fading back to vents immediately as soon as FalleN shot at window. Oh well.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Seemed like really sloppy from F3. Markeloff not knowing he could be seen in that spot, the other guy not just fading back to vents immediately as soon as FalleN shot at window. Oh well.

Ye. The dangers of playing a new map, I suppose.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

That was preeeetty sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm watching the ESL and it really looks like these players are putting their crosshairs on enemies through walls. What's that about?