Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dias posted:

meta knight is shadow the hedgehog or knuckles?

Meta Knight is Shadow and Galacta Knight is Mephiles. Dark Meta Knight is Eclipse the Darkling from the Archie Comics

If there's a Knuckles it's Dedede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Dias posted:

meta knight is shadow the hedgehog or knuckles?

Knuckles. Not an anti-hero, more of some neutral player off doing their own thing.

^ Or that. That sounds a lot more informed than my off-the-cuff comment.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Azazell0 posted:

I've never been that into Kirby 'cept for the NES game, so I might take this chance to catch up. Unless there's a game that you guys know should be really entertaining to watch live?

IMO you should give the series a second look. I did a couple years back after only ever having owned Canvas Curse, and only having played Superstar as a rental back when the SNES was current, and I was kinda stunned by how much fun they are. It is a goddamn solid series of good-to-great games.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cubey posted:

IMO you should give the series a second look. I did a couple years back after only ever having owned Canvas Curse, and only having played Superstar as a rental back when the SNES was current, and I was kinda stunned by how much fun they are. It is a goddamn solid series of good-to-great games.

I remember thinking that the SNES games looked like fun, so I will probably check them out at some point. They're not doing Dream course today, though.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Kirby Planet Robobot came out last month and it's my new favorite entry into the series, I highly recommend it if you're out of the Kirby loop. It sounds crazy but it's genuinely a contender for my favorite game this year so far.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nerdbot posted:

Meta Knight is Shadow and Galacta Knight is Mephiles. Dark Meta Knight is Eclipse the Darkling from the Archie Comics

If there's a Knuckles it's Dedede

this just made me more confused but I do appreciate the in-depth answer

I played very little Kirby because I grew up with the Genesis and then jumped to Playstation, plus when I got...access to SNES games I just played RPGs a lot.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Green player is really bad.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Man, that Kirby race was really even.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It's laggy as hell. So he's bad in adapting to input timing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elliotw2 posted:

Green player is really bad.

you're just jealous you can't be a WR holder at coop%

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I need a refresher--if any Kirby picks up the Master sword in the final battle, ALL Kirbys have to use it, right? I'm pretty sure that's why the other dude just stood around doing nothing, because one guy using UFO is faster than two dudes with the sword, but I'm not totally clear on it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
goddamnit this guy made so many terrible puns

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

goddamnit this guy made so many terrible punishing puns

:colbert:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got my amiibo what did I miss.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

It's laggy as hell. So he's bad in adapting to input timing.

Yeah this, I played Amazing Mirror co-op at a convention once after wanting to do so for like a decade and then I only was able to play it for like 5 minutes because it's THAT bad. As well, I think it's only players 2-4 who suffer lag and I think it's also only when you're not on the same screen as everyone else.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
kirby music is fuckin' dope tho

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
just say "folks", host, it'll save you so much grief

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

Majuju posted:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

nerdbot posted:

Yeah this, I played Amazing Mirror co-op at a convention once after wanting to do so for like a decade and then I only was able to play it for like 5 minutes because it's THAT bad. As well, I think it's only players 2-4 who suffer lag and I think it's also only when you're not on the same screen as everyone else.

Kind of makes me wonder how 4 player in Nightmare in Dreamland plays then.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Majuju posted:

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Sent :allears:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Air Ride...I've somehow never seen an Air Ride speedrun and this is loving goofy. I love it

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wheelie Scooter

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I forgot that Kirby, like, spanks himself incessantly in Air Ride

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I never played this game... why is Kirby riding a scooter?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I've never seen Air Ride before, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I think it was something... better than this?

Elliotw2 posted:

There's the PSN/XBLA Castlevania game, though it's got a more constrained map in each level than most of these games.

It's also a bad and extremely grindy game.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

raditts posted:

I've never seen Air Ride before, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I think it was something... better than this?

Air Ride's main race mode is kind of mediocre, the fun really lied in City Trial. Speaking of which, watch this TAS of it later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXP0jt-NabQ

That said I'm enjoying this run. Dude's good at explaining it and it's visually entertaining.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
kirby stop hitting the walls

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

It's also a bad and extremely grindy game.

Which is a loving bummer, because the premise of a multiplayer Castletroid with a bunch of unique player characters to suit every player's ideal gameplay (SOTN-likes, Belmonts, Shanoa, etc) is one of the best ideas for a game there has ever been.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

runner, please don't hand off to mumbly joe on the couch any more :|

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
nintendo took road rash in a weird direction

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I feel like this run could be improved by taking out the music and most of the sound effects, and maybe replacing kirby with, say, rayman, what do y'all think?

e: oh yeah and quadrupling its length

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

eee, the announcer's kirby voice :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I told you at the start of the thread to get ready for Kirby to smash against every wall. I wasn't kidding.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Majuju posted:

I feel like this run could be improved by taking out the music and most of the sound effects, and maybe replacing kirby with, say, rayman, what do y'all think?

e: oh yeah and quadrupling its length

I don't want to think about a horribly realistic Kirby human riding a bike with motion-capped bike gyrations

e: you also forgot to take out all the commentary describing what was actually occurring

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

holy poo poo this announcer rules

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

this announcer is having a blast with Kirby donations

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Majuju posted:

holy poo poo this announcer rules

That was an impressive donation reading.

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015
Announcer is really getting into Kirby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, she gets really sucked into this Kirby passion from these donations.

• Locked thread