Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Isn't that a silencer? Aren't those illegal? Of course they aren't. God, this country.

Why should suppressors be illegal? Do you think hearing damage is a good thing?

Why do I bother, you're probably just another weenie leftist who think "assault weapons" or "weapons of war" are actual meaningful and intelligent lables and actually thinks a "silencer" is just like in the movies and will muffle a gun shot to the point of being barely audible allowing nefarious bad guys to silently spray lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is a useful metric for determining who's a poo poo head though.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why do I bother, you're probably just another weenie leftist who think "assault weapons" or "weapons of war" are actual meaningful and intelligent lables and actually thinks a "silencer" is just like in the movies and will muffle a gun shot to the point of being barely audible allowing nefarious bad guys to silently spray lead

Is there some kind of post suppressor out there

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jewel Repetition posted:

"All lives matter" is so mystifying to me that I feel like I'm completely missing something.

Why isn't there an 'All History Month' hmmmmMMMM?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

They really ought to change the organization's name to Black Lives Also Matter, it would firm up their message and give them a great acronym to boot

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I kind of love the whole "Trump wanted a photo op with the NYPD this morning" story. It's like he wanted to keep the streak alive on loving up everyday but needed a nice low-key way to do it out of respect.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Cnut the Great posted:

The reason it's so infuriating is because it's a rhetorically effective retort that the BLM movement left itself wide open to. The right has absolutely owned us in the messaging war on this one, at least until our side can come up with a pithy, easy-to-remember counter-response in five words or less.

This is why we're losing the messaging war. People don't even bother to try to understand their enemy because they're afraid of being contaminated by right-wing brainwaves or something.

should've called it "black lives matter too" blm2 or something

edit:

Flavahbeast posted:

They really ought to change the organization's name to Black Lives Also Matter, it would firm up their message and give them a great acronym to boot

ok BLAM is way sexier, go with that

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

HappyHippo posted:

should've called it "black lives matter too" blm2 or something

but that wouldn't make sense from the origin? like i would ask "why are you saying too? who is saying some other lives matter that you need to reiterate that black lives matter, too?"

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

GIF request:

1. Trump pointing to his audience, saying "there's my African American"
2. Pictured: Clayton Bigsby photoshopped into a Trump rally crowd

Make it so.

I'm not very good at gifs, but I threw together this hackjob to hold you over until someone who knows what they're doing comes along:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

*buckles up*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Okay I saw some comments by Obama that illuminated it for me just a few minutes after I posted that. "All lives matter" is based on the belief that "black lives matter" causes police to lose their lives because they aren't allowed to defend themselves or something.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Atoramos posted:

*buckles up*

oh my god is kasich coming to save us all from the RaHoWa?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Karl Sharks posted:

oh my god is kasich coming to save us all from the RaHoWa?

Oh geez, oh wow, slow down guys. *takes huge bit of a sandwich*

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why isn't assault weapon a meaningful term, exactly?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Karl Sharks posted:

but that wouldn't make sense from the origin? like i would ask "why are you saying too? who is saying some other lives matter that you need to reiterate that black lives matter, too?"

well in either case its implied that all lives matter. but apparently america needs it spelled out

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Defiance posted:

Any firearm can be used in an assault, and any firearm used in an assault can be quite deadly!

Meanwhile the semi-automatic rifles labeled as "ASSAULT WEAPONS" and "WEAPONS OF WAR" by mouth-breathing pussies are literally no more dangerous than any semi-automatic rifles they do not label as "ASSAULT WEAPONS." Usually if it has a wood stock and/or lacks a bunch of cheesy "tactical" mods they are instead referred to as "hunting rifles" by these imbeciles.

If a Ruger mini 14 is black and has an adjustable stock and a barrel shroud, its an "ASSAULT WEAPON OF WAR" and must be BANNED. But if it has a wood stock it's a hunting rifle and A-OK.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Defiance posted:

It's misleading, we need to rebrand them as "defense weapons" as it gives the impression they're uhhh deadly and only exist for err killing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Defiance posted:

Extreme overemphasis on highly technical grognards gun terminology is a common obfuscatory technique used by gun fuckers to keep the argument away from actual issues, it's best to blow right past it and continue to refer to clips and machine guns.

Also, just say ban all semi autos, they lose their loving minds over that one.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Cnut the Great posted:

The reason it's so infuriating is because it's a rhetorically effective retort that the BLM movement left itself wide open to. The right has absolutely owned us in the messaging war on this one, at least until our side can come up with a pithy, easy-to-remember counter-response in five words or less.

The right owned you because "Black Lives Matter" is a poo poo slogan to begin with, just begging to be subverted.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

2016 GOP Collapse: basically a cyborg

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its about Ethics in Firearm Terminology

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
take your gunchat to a more appropriate place, like for example the garbage disposal, which you should also cram yourself down

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I have to admit, with that interpretation "all lives matter" actually seems like a valid rebuttal after what happened in Baltimore.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
But that is extremely stupid, because the term assault weapon is a useful shorthand way to refer to a class of weapons. I think the term submachine gun is dumb, because they really don't operate like or resemble machine guns at all, but I use the term because it conjures up a helpful mental image that let's people know exactly what I'm talking about.

I mean, I'll call it a sporting rifle if the NRA really desperately wants me to, but it's still useful to have a blanket term.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Isn't that a silencer? Aren't those illegal? Of course they aren't. God, this country.

Less hearing damage at a range? The horror!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Any firearm can be used in an assault, and any firearm used in an assault can be quite deadly!

Meanwhile the semi-automatic rifles labeled as "ASSAULT WEAPONS" and "WEAPONS OF WAR" by mouth-breathing pussies are literally no more dangerous than any semi-automatic rifles they do not label as "ASSAULT WEAPONS." Usually if it has a wood stock and/or lacks a bunch of cheesy "tactical" mods they are instead referred to as "hunting rifles" by these imbeciles.

If a Ruger mini 14 is black and has an adjustable stock and a barrel shroud, its an "ASSAULT WEAPON OF WAR" and must be BANNED. But if it has a wood stock it's a hunting rifle and A-OK.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

rahowa webinar posted:

take your gunchat to a more appropriate place, like for example the garbage disposal, which you should also cram yourself down

basically TFR

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
uh excuse me but actually its, heh, a magazine

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Okay I saw some comments by Obama that illuminated it for me just a few minutes after I posted that. "All lives matter" is based on the belief that "black lives matter" causes police to lose their lives because they aren't allowed to defend themselves or something.

Which makes it a perfect retort to #BlueLivesMatter.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rahowa webinar posted:

uh excuse me but actually its, heh, a magazine

Nice gun you got there is it a Sims and Weston or maybe a nine minimeter Glorck?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Defiance posted:

But that is extremely stupid, because the term assault weapon is a useful shorthand way to refer to a class of weapons.

Apparently not since in past legislation thought up by Democrats the term can encompass and at the same time not encompass the literal exact same firearm depending on how scary it looks to a moron who doesn't know anything about guns.

A more useful way to refer to semi-automatic rifles would be . . . . "semi-automatic rifles"

But the Democrats won't do this since proposing to simply outlaw semi-automatic rifles would be wildly unpopular and properly perceived by the general public as a blatant violation of the second amendment and nothing more than authoritarian "gun-grabbing." So they prey on the portion of the population that doesn't understand guns in order to get their foot in the door and get people comfortable with gun bans, by arbitrarily categorizing some semi-automatic rifles as ASSAULT WEAPONS based on physical characteristics that literally have zero effect on how "deadly" a firearm is. A sick criminal who goes on a shooting spree and uses a Ruger Mini 14 that does not have an adjustable stock, a comfort feature, or a barrel shroud, a safety feature that helps prevent burns, or a black paint job will be no less capable using this "hunting rifle" than if he used the exact same firearm, except in black and with those comfort and safety features. They're the exact same semi-automatic rifle and like all semi-automatic rifles from any manufacturer of any style and appearance they fire one round for every one trigger pull oh my god why am I wasting time trying to argue without high-school dropouts who think they understand astrophysics

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ok, cool. :)

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Nice gun you got there is it a Sims and Weston or maybe a nine minimeter Glorck?

Hey look at this doofus that can't even identify a Baryshnikov

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is literally one of two issues that make Boosted a Republican, you all will not manage to talk any sense into him, he's gotta have his rooty tooty point and shooty.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flavahbeast posted:

And they wouldn't be confused with the Bureau of Land Management anymore, either. (Though some right-wingers seem to hate both groups with equal intensity.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Quick someone post some polls at him to drive him off

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i call em boom boom killin sticks and i will call my representative tammy duckworth day and night to enact legislation limiting the sale of boom boom killin sticks

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
TAMMY I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR THE PHONE RINGING, USE THAT ONE LIMB YOU GOT LEFT TO PICK IT UP

zoux posted:

Back to your hole!

we all know those gary johnson voters are goofaround funtime responses, so if we just slot em in with djt you'll find

hm

shiksa fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 8, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Back to your hole!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you have any polls after the email news which confirmed what we knew two years ago and has been in the news constantly since and most pee know about.

• Locked thread