Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Still not in Canada :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The mobile port of Titan Quest is out right now. Also out is Out There Chronicles, a gamebook set in the Out There universe.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Really tempted by Titan Quest as I missed it the first time round and enjoy diablo likes... anyone try it yet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am I supposed to be able to see pokestations without being near them? Because if so even where I work is a dead zone.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Three gyms and three pokestops within a kilometer of my office.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I've got a lot of nothing around my work ): if there's nothing at home I'll probably uninstall

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I mean, it's nice having stuff close to home, but the point of the game is to go explore the world around you. There's literally almost nothing to do just sitting at home with it. You don't even fight the Pokemon you find in the wild necessarily, you just catch them. You're supposed to go to Gyms and other points of interest you notice on the map. I left it going during my commute (safely mounted on my dash like a gps) and noticed dozens of locations off the highway to check out like parks and shopping centers.

I've already got planned outings with friends to go explore and catch little digital varmints. It's like they tricked me into exercising and enjoying nature or some bullshit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I work in the suburbs and nowhere on the visible map from my building is a point of interest and the thought of pulling out my phone while I drive just to see what's around doesn't really appeal to me

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
For me they're all at libraries, museums, golf courses, cemetaries, parks, etc. I'm sure not every park in the world has one but it's probably worth checking that stuff out before dismissing it because you can't play from your couch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Knightmare posted:

For me they're all at libraries, museums, golf courses, cemetaries, parks, etc. I'm sure not every park in the world has one but it's probably worth checking that stuff out before dismissing it because you can't play from your couch.

I'm planning to check around my town but with Ingress there weren't any locations in the .5 square miles it takes up

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Brasseye posted:

Really tempted by Titan Quest as I missed it the first time round and enjoy diablo likes... anyone try it yet?

Played it on an iPad. It had cloud sync issues that cost me days of progress, so I stopped playing it, but that may be iOS specific. Otherwise it's a fantastic port, though the expansion (which adds a new act, a new great mastery, and many quality of life improvements) was very sorely missed.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Around my work they are all stores (a huge-rear end liquor store is a pokespot) or interesting street art or memorials or parks, while the three gyms within a kilometer from me are train/bus stations or grocery stores.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The Gym right down from my work (which is on a very upscale Target) is currently occupied by a Koffing on a giant pedestal.

I must crush him.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Aw, Pokemon Go not officially out in Mexico yet. A lot of people seem to have installed the apk around here though.

Edit: I was playing Fallout Shelter recently, and for some reason it had stopped saving altogether. For a couple of days no rooms persisted and I always had two babies ready to pop and two settlers arriving. Could not advance or do anything at all, so I just uninstalled it.

Too bad, because I was enjoying it quite a bit.

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 7, 2016

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
For mystic castle there is a post you can reply to on their official Facebook app page to get 5 free holy torches. They send you a direct message with the code so they may be unique.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone know why on Mystic Castle for the daily login the first 2 days have check marks like I got them but the next 2 days have X on them even though i have been playing every day all day...

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I missed all the sky force chatter but just downloaded it. Is there a way to take off the slowdown if you remove your finger like in the intro? Seems like a pretty great game so far. I never played the original.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Philosopher King posted:

I missed all the sky force chatter but just downloaded it. Is there a way to take off the slowdown if you remove your finger like in the intro? Seems like a pretty great game so far. I never played the original.
No, and more to the point, this is useful because you don't want to die while activating a power-up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

New Leaf posted:

The Gym right down from my work (which is on a very upscale Target) is currently occupied by a Koffing on a giant pedestal.

I must crush him.

Good luck even getting it to run that long, the servers are burning like a tire fire

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tunga posted:

No, and more to the point, this is useful because you don't want to die while activating a power-up.

I wish there were some way for those of us that prefer the relative motion style of control to avoid accidentally activating the power-ups, but I can't think of a way that wouldn't add a not-insignificant amount of time (and thus put the player in more danger).

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

I wish there were some way for those of us that prefer the relative motion style of control to avoid accidentally activating the power-ups, but I can't think of a way that wouldn't add a not-insignificant amount of time (and thus put the player in more danger).
Yeah, I use relative motion and this is occasionally annoying.

The other thing is that it's extremely fiddly to charge the main weapon on relative motion. While it's largely not worth doing since you can't move, there are times where you have learnt the incoming wave patterns and charging a big burst of bullets would be useful.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know goons have said these are good games in the past, and they're both on sale for $0.99.

Monument Valley
Fiz

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Are there any good 4x games?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

I work in the suburbs and nowhere on the visible map from my building is a point of interest and the thought of pulling out my phone while I drive just to see what's around doesn't really appeal to me

It kind of explains why Gentrification is a thing. My apartment has a ton of pokestations within walking distance, from public fountains and art and other neat things.

The big field of houses just a short distance to the south is a wasteland. I've been on a walk through that neighborhood, just that same boring house over and over again.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Gentrification

So yuppies and hipsters are flocking back to the big cities for pokemon?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

No but those are the kind of wealthy bored shits who would submit lots of POIs for a cell phone game

The bowling alley by me has two stations, one for the front sign and one for the sign on the building, someone was pushing hard to get their e-cred

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

someone was pushing hard to get their e-cred

Or, ya know, wanting to play a game they like.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the POIs were taken from ingress, which has a really rabid and intense playerbase

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the POIs were taken from ingress, which has a really rabid and intense playerbase

They are. The hospital near me has about 8 PoIs that are exactly the same. So if you want to find PoIs near you just use the Ingress Map (Ingress account required) until someone sets up an equivalent for Pokemon. Though since the Pokemon themselves are random(ish?) it's less useful.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Anyone here beaten Spellspire? I've beaten level 100 (top of the tower), but there are also now 'Underground' levels which each have 5 stages, of which I'm down to level 8. Anyone know how far down it goes? It doesn't appear to be randomly generated.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I'm a member of a Facebook group for a neighborhood near me where they're struggling with gentrification. The city has an app where you can report potholes and stuff, and supposedly developers and speculators have been driving around poorer areas and using the app to report weeds, chipped paint, fences with holes etc.

That area is pretty sensitive about people wandering around taking pictures of stuff with phones, so the word that's been going around is to wear a backwards hat to let people know you're on Pokemon business.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm a member of a Facebook group for a neighborhood near me where they're struggling with gentrification. The city has an app where you can report potholes and stuff, and supposedly developers and speculators have been driving around poorer areas and using the app to report weeds, chipped paint, fences with holes etc.

That area is pretty sensitive about people wandering around taking pictures of stuff with phones, so the word that's been going around is to wear a backwards hat to let people know you're on Pokemon business.

I don't know if this is real or not, but dear god I pray it is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hahaha my girlfriend is having the same issue with the exact same pokespot I did. She was literally touching the statue and it was still too far away.

Meanwhile her sister was telling her to go joyride through the graveyard across the street to get the pokespots.

desert pickle
Jun 9, 2007

You can touch and lick em' all.
I have become addicted to Gems of War. I am in a small guild with four people. I am looking for some more active players either to join my guild or that has room for four actives

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

desert pickle posted:

I have become addicted to Gems of War. I am in a small guild with four people. I am looking for some more active players either to join my guild or that has room for four actives

It still has an active thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736873&pagenumber=60&perpage=40

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone still playing Phantom of the Kill? Looking for any good resources on the game.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Len posted:

Hahaha my girlfriend is having the same issue with the exact same pokespot I did. She was literally touching the statue and it was still too far away.

Meanwhile her sister was telling her to go joyride through the graveyard across the street to get the pokespots.

Some buildings make them -really- fun. There's a shopping center near me that is non-euclidean due to how the GPS signals bounce off the roof. So getting to any of the spots inside is lots of trial and error.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

mrkillboy posted:

Final Fantasy VII is finally out for Android.

I have to chuckle at the "spoiler" in one of the screenshots. Not that it matters much, I bet a lot of the people buying it have already played it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Re: Tiny Tower - is it at all possible to have the Stock All button prioritize the highest level item you can have in a shop? If my shops are empty it keeps doing the level one or two items, or if I have the second or third items stocked it goes for the first level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

El Disco posted:

I have to chuckle at the "spoiler" in one of the screenshots. Not that it matters much, I bet a lot of the people buying it have already played it.

Well at least they didn't screenshot and spoil when Aeris is resurrected.