Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Real hurthling! posted:

haunts says they are working on other ways to unlock colors than survival which means of course they will not make an effort to fix survival mode or make it fun like it is in other games.

oh thank goodness

(beggars will gnaw at the master's scraps is what i mean)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEPvuBp5UI

Balrog 2 Strong

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I really want it to be feasible for balrog to sit on his TAP for max charge like how kaneblueriver would sit on raiden's dropkick in kof13 and basically murder characters in one hit.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Problem being that all of his 6 buttons are very useful for him.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Problem being that all of his 6 buttons are very useful for him.

so were raidens.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
as Vega what's a good follow up after I do my overhead? my scrub tier loves to just crouch block and after I hit them with the over head they usually go for an attack.

most of the time I just block the next attack but there's gotta be something more effective.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does boxer still say "seven!" when you hold down a button in this game

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zooted heh posted:

as Vega what's a good follow up after I do my overhead? my scrub tier loves to just crouch block and after I hit them with the over head they usually go for an attack.

most of the time I just block the next attack but there's gotta be something more effective.

You're +0 on hit unless you meaty it. Against a 3 frame character, the best you can do is hit st. lk and trade. Against 4 frame characters, you can hit jab and win if you're in range. If you're not and they hit a button, you'll get whiff punished. Vega's overhead is not a very effective tool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zooted heh posted:

st.lk but only if you're in range for it to hit. It's not a good option, but it's the best option he has afterwards.
If they mashed anything that's slower than 3f then you'll be able to confirm that into a combo.

EDIT: Also, as someone who always mains Vega I have a piece of advice. Don't main Vega in SFV, he's rear end.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

st.lk but only if you're in range for it to hit. It's not a good option, but it's the best option he has afterwards.
If they mashed anything that's slower than 3f then you'll be able to confirm that into a combo.

EDIT: Also, as someone who always mains Vega I have a piece of advice. Don't main Vega in SFV, he's rear end.

rear end is reserved for Laura, Gief and FANG.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cammy has an exposed rear end

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Real hurthling! posted:

Cammy has an exposed rear end

I've always wondered what kind of military field ops would require Cammy's outfit

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I'm coming around a bit on Vega. He has a decent matchup against Nash, and isn't helpless against the top tiers. I'm not saying he's great, but he's definitely not rear end.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've always wondered what kind of military field ops would require Cammy's outfit

Tactical Synchronized swimming. Bikini contests behind enemy lines. Tan Line reconnaissance.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

hiddenriverninja posted:

what kind of military field ops involves sending one man without a gun or any gear at all who can throw slow moving lasers

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

darealkooky posted:

what kind of military field ops involves sending one man without a gun or any gear at all who can throw slow moving lasers

The Street Fighter universe has very little in the way of middle management.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
It would be so cool if Barlog had 1-button TAP's and you could have varied playstyles just from that alone. You could have your standard rush-down barlogs, who make liberal use of shimmies, v-skill and throws to open you up and you could have your TAP barlogs who play ultra safe and patient to make up for lacking one of their buttons, but they can literally kill you if they land a crush counter after the 50 second mark, or however long final TAP takes to charge.

I've tried doing the latter, but lacking two buttons is just too much. I don't even know what TAP is meant to used for now because he has v-skill to go through projectiles.

Just something that encourages players to pick different playstyles would be cool. I can play 5 matches versus Ryu and I literally would not know if it's the same guy or 5 different people if I didn't see their name on screen.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Anyone got advice on how to play McCree?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

here's a walkthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkay7-7LAzQ

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Um *adjusts glasses* actually they are shock waves created by punching the air faster than the speed of sound...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

darealkooky posted:

One man or woman. But we're working on roughly Dynasty Warriors rules at this point. They're all outright superhuman. As a result, command doesn't tell them 'How', they're merely told 'what'. And leaves them to it. Think of Alpha 3, Guile's start. He's told 'Charlie's missing. Find him, bring him home'. We can presume Delta Red's generally similar.

We've got a lot of examples of this in the SF5 story. Muscle Spirit, the door kicking, loving Birdie pulling a Wonder Woman...We've seen what an ordinary person without enhancement is seen as within the Street Fighter system and it isn't pretty.

The grunt Bison Soldiers and the Dolls have similar durability to Street Fighters, though they lack certain features. They still compare strongly vs Ordinary Policeman Peter. Which puts Boxer's comment ("They still seem weak to me!") in perspective.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

my point is more why don't any of the bison soldiers just shoot guile instead of beating his slow moving projectile with their own slow moving projectile/blocking it with their face

don't say guile is immune to bullets because cody can just throw a rock at him, is cody's arm able to put more speed/pressure on something then a rifle?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

my point is more why don't any of the bison soldiers just shoot guile instead of beating his slow moving projectile with their own slow moving projectile/blocking it with their face

don't say guile is immune to bullets because cody can just throw a rock at him, is cody's arm able to put more speed/pressure on something then a rifle?

uh, yeah?!?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

uh, yeah?!?

Cody is one of the most powerful beings in the Street Fighter universe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cody can make a tornado by doing an uppercut, do you really wanna ask that question?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Baal posted:

Cody can make a tornado by doing an uppercut, do you really wanna ask that question?

That could just be magic though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol you think cody knows magic

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Cody breaks out of jail by punching through the wall and fights in handcuffs to make his matches against martial arts masters who throw fireballs somewhat of a challenge. The only thing stopping him is his own apathy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cody looking at a book: "Wtf is this"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you're gonna flip your poo poo when he takes off his weighted training boredom

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Baal posted:

Lol you think cody knows magic

yeah my bad

It could just be an instinctual use of his Ki

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

who would win in a fight, cody or slayer

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Pomp posted:

uh, yeah?!?

i like how this is a completely correct and sincere answer to that question

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smoking Crow posted:

who would win in a fight, cody or slayer

slayer loses but only because he likes cody a lot.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Yeah but, Guile could just hold down back...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Doggir posted:

Yeah but, Guile could just hold down back...

drat, you're right. I forgot getting knocked out from blocking projectiles is no longer possible in street fighter land. Guess guile CAN block bullets.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe street fighter guns need meter to work

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One of the dolls in the story mode does use guns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

darealkooky posted:

yeah my bad

It could just be an instinctual use of his Ki

Cody is a martial hero and I will not stand for this magical whitewashing of superhuman strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Press this: