Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

How long until they start glitching the game out hard?

Shocking.

Do you honestly expect people to act like adults?

as demonstrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Twitch chat is sometimes garbage but mostly fun, it's okay to think they're being dumb when they say offensive poo poo while still enjoying the realtime flood of memes and emotes in relevant situations. the 4 man single input tas run was great with chat for example. Like the bad poo poo gets moderated I dunno what more you want, there's really no reason to be a big baby about the masses not voluntarily embracing your pet political issue.
besides existing not being a political issue, the twitch chat is so flooded with people that it actively bogs down my CPU usage so it's just easier to use the popout player if I want to be able to able to use my mouse

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Quest For Glory II posted:

besides existing not being a political issue, the twitch chat is so flooded with people that it actively bogs down my CPU usage so it's just easier to use the popout player if I want to be able to able to use my mouse

Man, I went Livestreamer this year because Twitch is being garbage and it's SO much better.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Twitch chat can be fun in the right situations, getting all upset about it is pretty silly

It's just some loving words on the internet scrolling by faster than anyone can read, if that truly upsets you then you have some issues

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's worth noting that if you select Popout Player under Options when watching a Twitch stream you don't get Twitch chat either.

e;f,b

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Non-ironic defense of Twitch chat in this thread is the best new meme.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
this is a terrible venue to discuss this, I'm pretty sure you guys are set in your ways of "words don't harm anyone" so it's a waste of time let's all agree twitch chat has a bunch of dumb teenagers and move on

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why would you not just cast the stream to your television?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It was kind of funny during Typing of the Dead with people just typing the phrases or commenting on how weird they got at times. One of those 1% moments tho.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Twitch chat is sometimes garbage but mostly fun, it's okay to think they're being dumb when they say offensive poo poo while still enjoying the realtime flood of memes and emotes in relevant situations. the 4 man single input tas run was great with chat for example. Like the bad poo poo gets moderated I dunno what more you want, there's really no reason to be a big baby about the masses not voluntarily embracing your pet political issue.

Not insulting people is a political issue now?

Oh poo poo I'm part of the problem by going here.

I haven't even watched a live twitch chat since I found Livestreamer. When I start a VOD I see the chat record for a few seconds and it's enough. "Words on the internet" is a really stupid excuse, though.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I was worried they wouldn't break $1 million this time but it might just happen!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Humble Bundle haven't donated their share yet, have they?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm sorry for mentioning Twitch chat

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

It was kind of funny during Typing of the Dead with people just typing the phrases or commenting on how weird they got at times. One of those 1% moments tho.

Ironically, this game in particular was the one that got people to complain about the censorship because people were getting autobanned for typing along with the game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ironically, this game in particular that got people to complain about the censorship because people were getting autobanned for typing along with the game

twitch chat played itself

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nerdbot posted:

I'm sorry for mentioning Twitch chat

no reason to be sorry, everyone here is being civil and not being a dick about anything except me but I try to make it clear all the hosed up things I say are all in good fun :tipshat:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Look I am 100% for acceptance here and think it's a-okay that certain gross comments are being filtered I just think it's particularly dumb and thin skinned to get upset beyond that and to write off the chat as a whole, it's a fun community experience and the times when twitch chat is funny are not overwritten by the times they're being toxic, particularly when all the toxic stuff is moderated anyways. I've been watching literally all week and the only time I saw anything flagrant was during the oot run when I asked itt about what was being censored, like I literally didnt even know what the issue was because the moderation was so on the ball, I honestly do not know what more you could possible ask for than that.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So Final Fantasy XV is going to have this as a text box color option, right.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Dunban posted:

Humble Bundle haven't donated their share yet, have they?

yeah there's still 55K coming from them.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Guys can you please not spam the chat. My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spamed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then dont spam the chat.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

El Jeffe posted:

I was worried they wouldn't break $1 million this time but it might just happen!

We always get a spike on the last day this is not new.

We were basically on pace with SGDQ2015 this entire time, give or take $30k.

(from earlier today)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So is the commentary any good? Aka. Should I watch this later

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ArbitraryC posted:

Twitch chat can be funny when its being harmless but also can be not funny when people are being intentionally mean

If only there were some way to try to filter out the people who were ruining it for everyone else

hmm

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ironically, this game in particular was the one that got people to complain about the censorship because people were getting autobanned for typing along with the game

Banned or timed out? For some reason Twitch chat users like to act like they are one and the same, when not being able to talk for 10 minutes and never being able to talk again are quite different things.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

They're going to do a FINAL FANTASY XV x UNIQLO fashion line and release giant renders of Prompto wearing a hot pink unbuttoned shirt emblazoned with an off-palette Chocobo pattern, right

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

The commentary is good, but idk who is watching this except FF6 fans! Puwexil and Co know the game and loads of technical trivia.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

that net miss just now reminded me of some FF run at a GDQ where someone was at like 10hp in the endgame and there were like 4 moves in a row where the boss kept missing the player's only remaining character and it was a rollercoaster of clenched assholes and he managed to clutch it out iirc. anyone know what I'm talking about?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

It's Puwexil so it's guaranteed good but I just can't look at the drat Demon Chocobo.

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010
twitch chat killed my mother and raped my father

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mattavist posted:

Guys can you please not spam the chat. My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spamed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then dont spam the chat.
if i was watching on my laptop i'd be set on fire because the fan in it is broken lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

twitch chat killed my mother and raped my father

same but in reverse

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Erata posted:

The commentary is good, but idk who is watching this except FF6 fans! Puwexil and Co know the game and loads of technical trivia.

I'm a fan, so thanks!

Can't be bothered to watch it right now though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is this a good run or is it a good break to get dinner before METROID

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

that net miss just now reminded me of some FF run at a GDQ where someone was at like 10hp in the endgame and there were like 4 moves in a row where the boss kept missing the player's only remaining character and it was a rollercoaster of clenched assholes and he managed to clutch it out iirc. anyone know what I'm talking about?

The first FF4 run (back in 2011) we had the last character was down to about 20 hp and poisoned, but that's the only thing that springs to mind.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

UraniumAnchor posted:

We always get a spike on the last day this is not new.

We were basically on pace with SGDQ2015 this entire time, give or take $30k.

(from earlier today)

Charts like this is what I was missing out on not being more active in the thread this time around. I knew there's always a big burst at the end of the week, but I couldn't remember if it was $200,000~ big.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

same but in reverse

how could you do that to the entirety of twitch chat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
MEMES

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Eonwe posted:

same but in reverse

They raised your mother and spurned your father? That explains so much! :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Out of grim curiosity I've periodically opened the chat window for a few seconds at a time throughout this whole GDC. In the last two days, I cannot think of a single time I've done this without immediately seeing hate targeting my demographic. That is not a loving "pet political issue." I don't expect it to change but gently caress if I'm not going to make fun of how dumb these kids are. When chat isn't throwing edgy jokes around, it's nothing but emotes and prepackaged lines repeated at a rate of 100 idiots/sec. You could not have picked a dumber thing to try to defend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

Look I am 100% for acceptance here and think it's a-okay that certain gross comments are being filtered I just think it's particularly dumb and thin skinned to get upset beyond that and to write off the chat as a whole, it's a fun community experience and the times when twitch chat is funny are not overwritten by the times they're being toxic, particularly when all the toxic stuff is moderated anyways. I've been watching literally all week and the only time I saw anything flagrant was during the oot run when I asked itt about what was being censored, like I literally didnt even know what the issue was because the moderation was so on the ball, I honestly do not know what more you could possible ask for than that.

Twitch chat is never funny. It is actually boring and dumb.

• Locked thread