Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone here like twitch chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

twitch chat killed my mother and raped my father

what about her children?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Eonwe posted:

when there's 5 people in it it's okay

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UraniumAnchor posted:

The first FF4 run (back in 2011) we had the last character was down to about 20 hp and poisoned, but that's the only thing that springs to mind.

hmmm no I think it was 14 or 15 somewhere. Perhaps it wasn't an FF. I will meditate on this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

you're pretty like twitch chat

oh god i'm sorry i didn't mean it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
twitch chat makes me laugh like watching Donald trump supporters at a rally make me laugh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

you're pretty like twitch chat

oh god i'm sorry i didn't mean it

wowie

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Digirat posted:

Out of grim curiosity I've periodically opened the chat window for a few seconds at a time throughout this whole GDC. In the last two days, I cannot think of a single time I've done this without immediately seeing hate targeting my demographic. That is not a loving "pet political issue." I don't expect it to change but gently caress if I'm not going to make fun of how dumb these kids are. When chat isn't throwing edgy jokes around, it's nothing but emotes and prepackaged lines repeated at a rate of 100 idiots/sec. You could not have picked a dumber thing to try to defend.

Oh I get it now, thank you.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

when there's 5 people in it it's okay

this

except 0 people

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Eonwe, in all honestly realest of real talk I like it in VODs if I can see chat instant reaction to the sickest of most epic trickz being pulled off on the first try. But I have a fascination with crowd reactions to insane poo poo though. What do you think?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

[50 lines a second of GRILL and Kappa suddenly overheat your CPU]

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I only like watching it explode when exciting stuff happens.

It can be useful to grab other's clips now too.

But unless the stream is smaller (beagle rush xcom stream) where you can actually chat and interact. Then no it sucks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im the earnest posts in this thread for and against a chat for a video game streaming service

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

Is this a good run or is it a good break to get dinner before METROID

They react to big moments that otherwise would fly over the audience's head to highlight really bad luck a lot, but it's otherwise a chill run. It is good, but still a good time to eat. :burger:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toady posted:

[50 lines a second of GRILL and Kappa suddenly overheat your CPU]

Please don't subject your computer to this

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Eonwe posted:

The Bob Ross twitch chat was funny. Otherwise I use livestreamer and never look at it, unless it's some guy with ~20 viewers where its just other reasonable humans you can talk to

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Eonwe, in all honestly realest of real talk I like it in VODs if I can see chat instant reaction to the sickest of most epic trickz being pulled off on the first try. But I have a fascination with crowd reactions to insane poo poo though. What do you think?

i like this too actually

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh my god when is Metroid

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Eonwe posted:

It depends on the channel. There are actually some channels with good chat rooms, even though you probably won't believe it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Charts like this is what I was missing out on not being more active in the thread this time around. I knew there's always a big burst at the end of the week, but I couldn't remember if it was $200,000~ big.

The save vs. kill the animals race always gets some huge last-minute donations. Then there's stuff like the Humble Bundle and other sponsors usually donating their share on the last day, and generally a lot of people saving their donations for the last couple of hours.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Digirat posted:

Out of grim curiosity I've periodically opened the chat window for a few seconds at a time throughout this whole GDC. In the last two days, I cannot think of a single time I've done this without immediately seeing hate targeting my demographic. That is not a loving "pet political issue." I don't expect it to change but gently caress if I'm not going to make fun of how dumb these kids are. When chat isn't throwing edgy jokes around, it's nothing but emotes and prepackaged lines repeated at a rate of 100 idiots/sec. You could not have picked a dumber thing to try to defend.

I've been watching this with chat all week and I'm honestly baffled how you could get this impression as it's only been an issue that has come up once or twice and even when it does it's just a wall of <message deleted>. 99% of the time twitch chat is a wall of relevant emojis, making fun of the runner screwing up, or making a joke about something a runner/announcer said.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This thread is honestly all the crowd reactions I've needed. During some of the more memorable moments it's like a live chat, only good. Even in euro early morning times.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Twitch chat has a memory leak in Chrome which seems to be dependent on the number of messages sent. So, I don't know how anyone keeps it open for any length of time... Maybe I just need more memory.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Azazel0, you're all right too :cheers:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

hmmm no I think it was 14 or 15 somewhere. Perhaps it wasn't an FF. I will meditate on this.

I seem to remember an Earthbound run that had this happen now that I think about it? Hell if I can remember when though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've been missing the stream for a bit and last I checked they were around 500K in donations. What caused them to jump up to 900K?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mostly like seeing stuff like the swarm of mind blown smilies or "reset" when someone fucks up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey sorry if its been asked recently but does anyone here like twitch chat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Roflan posted:

Twitch chat has a memory leak in Chrome which seems to be dependent on the number of messages sent. So, I don't know how anyone keeps it open for any length of time... Maybe I just need more memory.

Yeah, it's horrendous here. It actually lags the stream itself too, and that wasn't an issue like, a month ago, so...

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

"Some garbage is OK"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UraniumAnchor posted:

I seem to remember an Earthbound run that had this happen now that I think about it? Hell if I can remember when though.

Who's the FF dude everyone likes? There are two I always get mixed up, one of the dudes ran this one game I hate called battleblock theater and I hated that run but I liked him doing other things. The other guy (or maybe the same guy I don't know (NO OFFENSE!!)) did an FFV die hard run or something??? I think it was one of those guys who did the run I'm thinking of.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azazell0 posted:

This thread is honestly all the crowd reactions I've needed. During some of the more memorable moments it's like a live chat, only good. Even in euro early morning times.

yes :coffeepal:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why are you miserable cretins not using loving Livestreamer. Why.

WHY

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Please do not talk about League of Legends character, Twitch.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRcbi6GmSg&t=2958s

I think this is the one you're looking for.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

WHY

It doesn't always work for me and the popout player's been fine and my internet sucks so I don't get to reap the sweet benefit of Livestreamer's superior source quality.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

Please do not talk about League of Legends character, Twitch.

im sorry

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

WHY

Because I'm sitting in the loving room ok. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

Who's the FF dude everyone likes? There are two I always get mixed up, one of the dudes ran this one game I hate called battleblock theater and I hated that run but I liked him doing other things. The other guy (or maybe the same guy I don't know (NO OFFENSE!!)) did an FFV die hard run or something??? I think it was one of those guys who did the run I'm thinking of.

PJ is the BBT guy, also Mecha Richter. I don't think any of them ran FF but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

yeah, this has been a great way to share the enjoyment. oh god pepsiman last night, that was killing me.

• Locked thread