Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UraniumAnchor posted:

Because I'm sitting in the loving room ok. :colbert:

do you like twitch chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

yeah I just watch through the GDQ website, haven't had any issues except internet stuff on my end this week :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hate driving this stupid bullshit rusty bike that cuts my legs and gives me tetatus every week, I wish I could use this amazing badass back to the future loving hoverboard I have next to it but it's inside of a flimsy cardboard box at the moment.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

UraniumAnchor posted:

Because I'm sitting in the loving room ok. :colbert:

way to be hipster about it :rolleyes:

e: nah you're cool

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Why are you miserable cretins not using loving Livestreamer. Why.

WHY

I looked it up and this was the first thing I read "Livestreamer is a command-line utility--" It was also the last thing I read about it. I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Roflan posted:

I looked it up and this was the first thing I read "Livestreamer is a command-line utility--" It was also the last thing I read about it. I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Easy instructions are in the OP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Roflan posted:

It has a GUI. I'm using it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm thinkin' Arby's

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Roflan posted:

You can get a plugin for Chrome (and I believe for Firefox too). I don't remember setting it up being too hard. And besides after it's done it works constantly. Been 100% for me last two GDQ's.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Roflan posted:

i set it up a couple years ago but iirc all you do is write in its config file the path location of VLC/MPC and then I made a batch file that automatically loads up the GDQ stream.

edit: oh it has a GUI now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
For whatever reason I had an irrational hatred of Gau when I played FF6 at age 10.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Eonwe posted:

do you like twitch chat

Emote only chat is the only reason to look at twitch chat.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ugh I'd have to follow instructions. Just do it for me.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My plan was to play some more Enter the Gungeon and listen to youtube I've got waiting for me on Watch Later while I waited for this FF6 run to end but I'm having a good time kickin it with my internet friends in the SGDQ16 thread thanks guys :)

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Eonwe, in all honestly realest of real talk I like it in VODs if I can see chat instant reaction to the sickest of most epic trickz being pulled off on the first try. But I have a fascination with crowd reactions to insane poo poo though. What do you think?

I, too, have a browser history full of trailer reaction videos.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

For whatever reason I had an irrational hatred of Gau when I played FF6 at age 10.

wow I read this as Goku first and let me tell you what

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I will never not love the gratuitous amounts of lovely mode 7 flat surfaces in FF6 and SMRPG

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ColdPie posted:

Ugh I'd have to follow instructions. Just do it for me.

I'm sure you can figure out how to add the path of your video viewer to the config file but this is all my agdq.bat has in it:

code:
livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick source

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

beep by grandpa posted:

My plan was to play some more Enter the Gungeon and listen to youtube I've got waiting for me on Watch Later while I waited for this FF6 run to end but I'm having a good time kickin it with my internet friends in the SGDQ16 thread thanks guys :)

No problem, friend. It's a good mixture of shitposting and actual thoughtful discussion.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dias posted:

Same here

As a kid, I hated most kid characters in games (unless they were silent protagonists / had no real personality like in Pokemon or something)

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
this is a perfect opportunity for me to catch up on the Jak & Daxter VOD

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ipooh

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Azazell0 posted:

During some of the more memorable moments it's like a live chat, only good.

Whoa now, let's not go that far.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

when you run that batch file it'll automatically load your chosen video player and try to connect to the stream. the other thing I like about it is it uses your own player's audio balancer so you won't shatter your loving windows every time the group bursts into applause

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

:hfive:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Samuel Clemens posted:

Whoa now, let's not go that far.

It's like a live chat, only..not bad?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

his name is Sabin JohnCna! :vince:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I prefer to think about it as bad in less offensive ways.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eonwe posted:

im sorry
It's alright. Please enjoy the final runs of this most excellent SGDQ

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Sage Grimm posted:

It's like a live chat, only..not bad?

Inoffensively acceptable is a goal we should all strive for.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also I was just thinking about it before but this was posted last week and it's still funny as hell if you've watched enough GDQs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9MfZjzEbo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

even if you have to refresh the page, this thread serves all the same purposes as chat and the quality is orders of magnitude better (most of the time)

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:
Good commentary, I'm enjoying this run so far

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jsut realized I don't think I've heard a single "I'll donate another xx if you pronounce my name right LOL" donation all week so I hope these got softbanned :)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

beep by grandpa posted:

Jsut realized I don't think I've heard a single "I'll donate another xx if you pronounce my name right LOL" donation all week so I hope these got softbanned :)

I've heard a couple of those, but definitely not as many as previous GDQs

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:

beep by grandpa posted:

I've heard at least one

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can't believe anyone watches a video stream on a loving computer.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The MVP of my team is definitely BANON and not Terra, Sabin, or Edgar

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

greatn posted:

i dont own a tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

greatn posted:

these younglings and their new-fangled computer machines and their digital books

• Locked thread