Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like when he chases you around for a little bit on counterfeit. (Does he still do that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

Winters is weird on that map. Remember the infinite assault bug with killing him too early that they fixed? Well, they either didn't fix or re-broke it on The Diamond, because we killed his squad as they shuffled in the front door and, hey, infinite assault. Winters himself was invincible - never stopped being at max hp.

That's exactly what happened to us. Though I don't think we even killed them as they came in the front door - they were already roaming around when we got to the front area.

Still got my 220 kill LMG cheevo though...down to 7 more + the halloween stuff (and whatever gets added in the meantime).

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Psion posted:

Winters is weird on that map. Remember the infinite assault bug with killing him too early that they fixed? Well, they either didn't fix or re-broke it on The Diamond, because we killed his squad as they shuffled in the front door and, hey, infinite assault. Winters himself was invincible - never stopped being at max hp.
They didn't fix it. I've actually ever managed to do it once, and that once has been since the last patch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a reminder to never use goonmod's "National Guard Response" mutator on the goat simulator heist

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why? Why would you do that again? It's a slideshow clusterfuck!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

Why? Why would you do that again? It's a slideshow clusterfuck!

I didn't, i just remembered the agony that I went through attempting it

so anyway who's up for it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

Every day is the purge when you're in the Payday gang.

Who's got that "I wonder what human flesh tastes like" picture then because it'd be pretty perfect following that line.

Also yeah no poo poo that EL wire or whatever Statue of Liberty mask would be pretty rad.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Capn Beeb posted:

Who's got that "I wonder what human flesh tastes like" picture then because it'd be pretty perfect following that line.

Also yeah no poo poo that EL wire or whatever Statue of Liberty mask would be pretty rad.

first page

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Outstanding.

Also I didn't scroll down far enough on the first page :downs:

Edit:

God drat these would be some good masks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The movie even takes place in DC. Really, the tie in practically writes itself.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Maybe for the DVD release.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
So what is the goon preferred method of getting some of those achievements unlocked that have reaaaally bullshit requirements? I understand that there is an unlocker, and there is an irritating number of weapon mods hidden behind doing a mission with four people wearing four different specific masks that are randomly dropped by normal play. This is what I want to take care of. Most of the rest of the achievements are actually fine or fun to do, like using a weapon and racking up specific types of kills with it.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Party Meiser posted:

So what is the goon preferred method of getting some of those achievements unlocked that have reaaaally bullshit requirements? I understand that there is an unlocker, and there is an irritating number of weapon mods hidden behind doing a mission with four people wearing four different specific masks that are randomly dropped by normal play. This is what I want to take care of. Most of the rest of the achievements are actually fine or fun to do, like using a weapon and racking up specific types of kills with it.

No weapon mods are unlocked by the "1 of each mask" achievement.

But yeah, you're looking for Steam Achievement Manager. Space out your cheevos across a number of days, just in case a pubbie investigates your profile and decides to narc on you.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Or just ask in a lobby, works fine

most people can help out with most achievements at this point

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

No weapon mods are unlocked by the "1 of each mask" achievement.

But yeah, you're looking for Steam Achievement Manager. Space out your cheevos across a number of days, just in case a pubbie investigates your profile and decides to narc on you.

Yes there are, winds of change involves president masks and there is annoying hotline miami stuff.

But thank you for giving me the name for the four or five achievements that suck hard.

Party Miser fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 10, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Party Meiser posted:

Yes there are, winds of change involves president masks and there is annoying hotline miami stuff.

But thank you for giving me the name for the four or five achievements that suck hard.

Only one of the Hotline achievements requires the group to wear masks. And let's be honest "wear these masks" is basically the easiest requirement ever.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Funding father is another four mask achievement. It's also part of the six big bank achievements showcasing how great a gun is by gating its better weapon parts and having nothing to do with the gun itself.

Party Meiser posted:

Definitely use SAM (the creator Gibbed does cool things for all sorts of other games too) if you even feel the slightest urge to do so, there have been a lot of times where people asking for action have been met with deafening silence.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

And let's be honest "wear these masks" is basically the easiest requirement ever.

That's a funny way of saying some of the dumbest achievements in my steam library.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The four masks achievements are fine. Besides, all of the complaints about "they've locked the good poo poo behind achievements" barely hold water at this point when the rebalance has made base stats matter so much more. In most cases you can just slap a tactical compensator and a gadget of your choice and be good to go with a gun.

In this game's weird long history we've had a lot more heinous achievements like Precision Aiming (kill Bulldozers with a lovely gun to unlock a part that would make it easy - the shittiness being largely gone now that the G3 does 80 damage), Not Today, Guessing Game, Breaking Dead when it was a 5% chance, etc.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UnknownMercenary posted:

The four masks achievements are fine.

B-b-but! :qq:

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

In this game's weird long history we've had a lot more heinous achievements like Precision Aiming (kill Bulldozers with a lovely gun to unlock a part that would make it easy - the shittiness being largely gone now that the G3 does 80 damage), Not Today, Guessing Game, Breaking Dead when it was a 5% chance, etc.
Don't forget my personal favorite, that pacifist achievement on Alesso.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Reith posted:

Don't forget my personal favorite, that pacifist achievement on Alesso.

Normal difficulty, go loud, don't shoot anyone.
Put Benny Hill music in background.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Oddly enough, some of the harder/more annoying achievements in the game I got through serendipity.

For example, I got 120-proof after a failed pubbie run of DW Beneath the Mountain. Three people were downed, one guy entered, fired his RPG at a group of cops, then got downed. Heist Failed, Achievement Unlocked.

I also got Shotgun 101 while merrily shooting patrolmen on Normal Four Stores while farming for the Halloween masks. Previous conscious attempts to get it were teeth-gnashingly frustrating.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

The four masks achievements are fine. Besides, all of the complaints about "they've locked the good poo poo behind achievements" barely hold water at this point when the rebalance has made base stats matter so much more. In most cases you can just slap a tactical compensator and a gadget of your choice and be good to go with a gun.

I actually did get the Precision aiming one done, it was more of a bother with the number of dozers i needed to kill. The two people I payday with and I have done Breaking Dead and that find all the rings achievement because of dailies, and those two are actually on my rarest achievement showcase (along with showdown effect, interstellar marines, and clicker heroes achievements...)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Wastrel_ posted:

I also got Shotgun 101 while merrily shooting patrolmen on Normal Four Stores while farming for the Halloween masks. Previous conscious attempts to get it were teeth-gnashingly frustrating.
Wattup accidental Shotgun 101 bro. :hf:

I got mine just blithely blasting away at Russian commandos in Boiling Point the other day. I had just looked at the achievement earlier in the day thinking "Man, I'm never gonna get that one" and the suddenly welp there it was.
V:downs:V

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

I find it's a sign of progress that overkill has moved on from the mentality of the older DLC by only attaching cosmetic items to achievements, making interesting weapon challenges and removing RNG in places it is unwanted. Those are all good improvements. If you want to die on that hill pining for the old days, that's fine too.

I can't remember the last time it was ever a good idea an MP game locked meaningful items behind achievements. TF2 did it at first, Valve got flak for it and fixed it quickly. Battlefield weapon assignments had to be done sequentially but if that wasn't bad enough, they encouraged people to do really silly things like be a hill wookie or play gamemodes that aren't conquest or rush.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Most kill achievements are palatable once you just aim for last hits which all that matter. Not Today is one of many reasons why the older achievements were badly designed if you're at the mercy of the game which can go "nope" any time it feels like. Getting Artillery Barrage or Not Invited? You better believe that means hosting because Diesel EngineTM. Blow-Out on the other hand, was really fun to do.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nordick posted:

Wattup accidental Shotgun 101 bro. :hf:

I got mine just blithely blasting away at Russian commandos in Boiling Point the other day. I had just looked at the achievement earlier in the day thinking "Man, I'm never gonna get that one" and the suddenly welp there it was.
V:downs:V

Mine was trying to hold the cops back from the downstairs labs on day two of Big Oil, in the dark.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Party Meiser posted:

I actually did get the Precision aiming one done, it was more of a bother with the number of dozers i needed to kill. The two people I payday with and I have done Breaking Dead and that find all the rings achievement because of dailies, and those two are actually on my rarest achievement showcase (along with showdown effect, interstellar marines, and clicker heroes achievements...)

Breaking Dead was a lot more bullshit when the meth lab had a 5% chance to spawn. Now it's just a matter of drilling open all the containers until you get the meth lab.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Just spent probably 30 minutes trying to get Not Today with buckshot and Sadistic. That achievement is dumb.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I wish you could take the achievements you already unlocked and make the lobby into a sort of "Brag" system like in Fable.

So yeah, I already got Reputation Beyond Reproach once, Gage. Wanna bet my 10 milion against one of the Infamous masks to see if I get it this run too?

But the worst achievements are the ones that rely on that Diesel magic, like Afraid of the Dark or I am The One Who Knocks. OR loving KING OF THE HILL, I am never gonna get that one :suicide:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Kikas posted:

I wish you could take the achievements you already unlocked and make the lobby into a sort of "Brag" system like in Fable.

So yeah, I already got Reputation Beyond Reproach once, Gage. Wanna bet my 10 milion against one of the Infamous masks to see if I get it this run too?

But the worst achievements are the ones that rely on that Diesel magic, like Afraid of the Dark or I am The One Who Knocks. OR loving KING OF THE HILL, I am never gonna get that one :suicide:

These aren't particularly hard with turrets being so good. It just takes a coordinated crew - King of the Hill is probably the worst just because it's only on an Escape. Ask in group chat, if I'm around and playing I'd be happy to help.

Edit: Is anyone entering the prank call contest?

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 10, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Shooting Blanks posted:

Edit: Is anyone entering the prank call contest?

The what now?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just spent probably 30 minutes trying to get Not Today with buckshot and Sadistic. That achievement is dumb.
I think it was you that told me to try it on hard with a friend because it is such a pain in the dick. Later that day I was doing Watchdogs with some random goon, maybe Maid? I saw a Cloaker standing around so I shot him a couple times then ran towards him hoping to trigger movement. Lo and behold, he started running at me so I started backing up sowly and shot the grenade launcher when I saw him getting close. Bam, achievement!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Dr Cheeto posted:

The what now?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/365172547941379707/

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Totally doing this as soon as I can work out a good script. I need to hear myself in the video game.

Accuracy still hosed?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Dr Cheeto posted:

Totally doing this as soon as I can work out a good script. I need to hear myself in the video game.

Accuracy still hosed?

They really don't give much context for the call itself, other than you're calling into an answering machine. Take that as you will.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Maybe they'll actually implement it right this time so we get more than 3 voice clips.

Hello thread I last played during the HLM DLC I've been thinking of playing again now that it got good again.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Renegret posted:

Hello thread I last played during the HLM DLC I've been thinking of playing again now that it got good again.
You should play again because the game is Real Good. I started playing at the right time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shooting Blanks posted:

It's not that bad. Play on Hard, on a map like Watchdogs 1 that has an artificially inflated cloaker spawn rate. Only their jumping kicks count. You can trigger their jumping kick by having an object (like a car) blocking a straight line between you and the cloaker. You don't need to go for direct hits. Just don't let teammates hit the cloaker.

Kikas posted:

OR loving KING OF THE HILL, I am never gonna get that one :suicide:

I recommend Four Stores, since the base rate is high and flat across difficulties. For getting the achievement, I know that camping one corner of the map is popular, but I recommend actually defending the park- that way, if something goes wrong and an enemy gets in, you can know to restart.

If you are going for the corner camp approach, consider doing it solo- fewer players means fewer enemies, which means fewer can path into the park.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

maswastaken posted:

I want invisible guns to go with the April Fool's sound effects. I can not find an invisible guns mod.

Pubbies had me cook all the meth for a three-man Kiss the Chef.
The host went on to complain that he didn't get the achievement. :suicide:

I think invisible guns occur when melee animations get desynced with how long they're actually supposed to last.

BillmasterCozb posted:

I didn't, i just remembered the agony that I went through attempting it

so anyway who's up for it

Did you buy a GTX 1080? Wait, cop AI is probably handled by the CPU, isn't it?

Concordat fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

You should still get invisible guns if you try to switch weapons while in a vehicle like the longfellow or the boat in birth of sky. Sadly they reappear if you exit. :(