Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I take it in pretty much every build because gently caress those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Shock Proof Aced doesn't need LOS to trigger, just mash whatever the key you have assigned for it when hit. I haven't gone down to a Tazer since.

wait what? Is this new? I thought you had to aim it at them, so I never took it.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Meldonox posted:

I take it in pretty much every build because gently caress those guys.

ATTA BOY, TEE STACY.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Allen Wren posted:

wait what? Is this new? I thought you had to aim it at them, so I never took it.

you did used to aim it before the skill revamp, now you don't.

you're effectively immune to tasers as long as you can press f within 2 seconds.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Allen Wren posted:

It has been like this since the skill update. Initially I thought I was spinning around fast enough, but nope, just mash the button. Look for him after he is on his rear end. Never leave homeSafehouse with out it

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Why do people hate Counterstrike Aced so much? If you can hear the cloaker you can pretty much not get hit by it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Mendrian posted:

Why do people hate Counterstrike Aced so much? If you can hear the cloaker you can pretty much not get hit by it.

Cloakers are unreliable and you typically don't get a second chance. If a cloaker is charging from a reasonable distance, it works. If a cloaker is a) dropping through a vent, b) hiding around a corner, c) hiding in geometry, d) jumping through geometry, or e) not charging and instead letting cops pick you apart as you uselessly hold your melee weapon, you are hosed. These things all happen frequently.

And the taser costs exactly zero skill points.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's also buried in Brawler, which is not a tree most people give even the slightest crap about

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

it's also buried in Brawler, which is not a tree most people give even the slightest crap about

Brawler is the best skill tree :colbert:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Cloakers are unreliable and you typically don't get a second chance. If a cloaker is charging from a reasonable distance, it works. If a cloaker is a) dropping through a vent, b) hiding around a corner, c) hiding in geometry, d) jumping through geometry, or e) not charging and instead letting cops pick you apart as you uselessly hold your melee weapon, you are hosed. These things all happen frequently.

Yup. Counterstrike only stops cloakers dead if they're charging right at you for several seconds - except even then it's usually easier just to shoot them in the face as they're running in a straight line towards you.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Counterstrike is okay, and I think a little better than it's being made out to be, but to my experience the best defense is to run like hell and turn and shoot them. Hell of a lot more reliable than using a buzzer.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Just watching SGDQ now and apparently Overkill are big fans of it? Donated $5,000 to during the stream, and said "GDQ Heist When?"

Have they done this before? It was a pretty cool thing of them to do. Also what are the achievements and masks one would have for a GDQ heist? Discuss.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

No, that's the first time Overkill has been felt at a GDQ.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

BillmasterCozb posted:

Brawler is the best skill tree :colbert:

:agreed:

No other skill tree provides as many bonuses to grenade launchers.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W89WuVpRWfM oh dear, he did the thing again

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I absolutely want that smiley face Lady Liberty mask from Purge 3 in this game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I absolutely want that smiley face Lady Liberty mask from Purge 3 in this game.

Sadly if we were going to get a Purge themed DLC it would have happened by now.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A purge-themed heist would be cool, especially if it has nothing to do with the Purge movies itself :v:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Every day is the purge when you're in the Payday gang.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Magnetic North posted:

Every day is the purge when you're in the Payday gang.

this should be the thread title

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

BillmasterCozb posted:

A purge-themed heist would be cool, especially if it has nothing to do with the Purge movies itself :v:

It would entirely be about squashing a rival criminal group that's popped up in the chaos we've sowed into DC, and if there was any hope for narrative it'd either be set up by that FBI handler that was with Hector or another group that was controlled by Bain. Bonus points if they randomly had certain masks the player could already put on and there were specialty variants/ways to kill them that unlocked some of the heist's masks.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Or, given recent heists as an example, it'd be against the Overkill MC.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
If it's still possible to get an invite, that would be great.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046211496/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's impossible, we don't take NERDS

(invite sent)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Well could be worse, I just lost one gun, last time I remember that the truck crashed games :v:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I want invisible guns to go with the April Fool's sound effects. I can not find an invisible guns mod.

Pubbies had me cook all the meth for a three-man Kiss the Chef.
The host went on to complain that he didn't get the achievement. :suicide:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

maswastaken posted:

I want invisible guns to go with the April Fool's sound effects. I can not find an invisible guns mod.
There should be a whole heist or something where everyone just uses fingerguns like in that one scene in Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Just now getting back into the game after a year or two. Is there a quick and dirty guide to being a tower defense master?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take all skills, place turret, walk away or watch, it doesn't matter.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Ace all turret skills, start DW heist, place turrets, go make lunch or something.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Note that they're not being sarcastic, turrets really are great right now and don't really require anything more than 'take and ace the turret skills, grab whatever else you feel like'.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Riatsala posted:

Just now getting back into the game after a year or two. Is there a quick and dirty guide to being a tower defense master?

One thing worth mentioning is that reloading turrets is (currently) extremely easy compared to how it used to be. Back when you last played, assuming they even let you reload turrets then, doing so would cost like, all your primary and secondary ammo. Now you can set down up to 4 and continually reload them through even a Death Wish heist without having to hit the ammo bag at all if you mind your weapon loadout a bit. The game is a bit unclear about this in terms of explaining it, but you load turrets using the percentage of ammunition not currently in the magazine from whichever weapon you have active at the time. Therefore, if you have equipped a gun where the magazine size equals the total ammo count, you will always get a "Not enough ammo" error message whenever you try to place a sentry.

The simplest workaround for this is to equip the China Puff grenade launcher as your secondary. It holds 3 rounds in the magazine and its total ammo capacity is 6. With the Eco Sentry skill, the cost of deploying a sentry is 48% of your ammo. With the China Puff, that's 48% of 3 shots, so it'll cost just 2 rounds of ammo to drop one sentry and 1 round to drop another before it says "not enough ammo" for your third. You can immediately do this before the start of pretty much any assault. Then you can reload/place more as long as your total ammo for the China Puff is between 4 and 6. If you want to get mega pro strats on it, you can take the AK 7.62 with a DMR Kit barrel and Quad-Stacked Magazines as your primary. Then you have a gun with a 60-round magazine whose total ammo is 63 (if you didn't take Surefire or Fully Loaded), so 48% of "your ammo" equals "1 bullet" the first time and "2 bullets" the second time, which along with the China Puff means you can set down 4 sentries immediately and still more or less have full ammunition.

As others have noted, you can get away with equipping whatever you want. I'm having fun with LMGs and Fully Loaded Aced, which you'd never use to reload a sentry, and just the China Puff alone as a secondary is enough to keep the turrets going all throughout, as long as you place them in corners and pick them up before they're destroyed. I think picking up a (non-empty?) turret might also count as an ammo pickup. So far, there doesn't appear to be any reason to not immediately set sentries to AP Mode once you set them down (just take a few steps back and press F).

At some point Overkill is going to reduce the effectiveness of sentries, but it probably won't be for a little while considering the Frenzy Ace and Stockholm Syndrome bugs remain.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 9, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work or if I was bugged or what, but last night I was running a lovely gimmick turret build (aren't they all) and lost the ability to interact with a couple of my turrets. Like, previously if they'd gotten sufficiently damaged or (presumably) tased they'd go red and I'd have to pick up and redeploy. Last night, seemingly under the same circumstances, I could no longer pick them up. They would lose their outline and Hold F text entirely.

I don't know if there's an ability I was missing that would make damaged ones redeployable or what, but it sure takes the efficacy out of a turret build when you go all in on them only to lose them permanently.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
Overkill removed the ability/"fixed the bug" that allowed you to pick them up after they were damaged by cops.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Turrets can be destroyed by the police. That is a thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Apparently Bain's suppliers haven't cracked the Engineer sentry gun tech recovered from the train job.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Stop putting them down in the open :argh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Stop putting them down in the open :argh:

Or you can put them all in one spot in the open with AP rounds on and watch the cops get murdered one by one.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

We encountered an interesting complication to our heisting fun today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Winters is weird on that map. Remember the infinite assault bug with killing him too early that they fixed? Well, they either didn't fix or re-broke it on The Diamond, because we killed his squad as they shuffled in the front door and, hey, infinite assault. Winters himself was invincible - never stopped being at max hp.