Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Eel hovercraft posted:

I love the trolls in this game so very much :unsmith:

they manage to weave a lot of endearing personality into the trolls. it's actually impressive. the one that guards ziggy reuven's treasure just wants a friend :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nycticeius posted:

What scene? The one you get when the Nilfgaardian commander orders the ealdorman flogged? Or is it a scene in the huge Nilf camp SW of Velen?

In the Nilf camp in (SE ;) ) Velen if you run around you'll run into the fiancée of the woman you saved in white orchard with the swallow.

She sleeps most of the day, recognizes no one and says nothing. Geralt says "I wanted (herbalist) that witcher potions can have bad side effects". He suggests the dude find a Mage. :smith:

I think he's right by the ! quest just outside the camp where the noblewoman has you find her son.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Is it possible to use modding tools to add items to a merchant's inventory? I'd like to, if possible, make a mod to add the doppler and succubus mutagens to the inventory of the master alchemy trainer, since the only way to get those decoctions otherwise is to be an rear end in a top hat and kill off otherwise non-hostile creatures. The troll mutagen, at least, can be acquired from the naturally hostile ice trolls.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Dr Snofeld posted:

Is it possible to use modding tools to add items to a merchant's inventory? I'd like to, if possible, make a mod to add the doppler and succubus mutagens to the inventory of the master alchemy trainer, since the only way to get those decoctions otherwise is to be an rear end in a top hat and kill off otherwise non-hostile creatures. The troll mutagen, at least, can be acquired from the naturally hostile ice trolls.

At that level why not just use give_item or whatever the equivalent is?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

At that level why not just use give_item or whatever the equivalent is?

Well, maybe not that guy necessarily. But I feel like giving them to a merchant and having to pay at least a few crowns for them is less outright cheating than just consoling them in.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Dr Snofeld posted:

Well, maybe not that guy necessarily. But I feel like giving them to a merchant and having to pay at least a few crowns for them is less outright cheating than just consoling them in.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1592/ claims to add all mutagens to a certain vendor.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

TheHoosier posted:

they manage to weave a lot of endearing personality into the trolls. it's actually impressive. the one that guards ziggy reuven's treasure just wants a friend :unsmith:

Yeah, pretty much every troll comes across as a lovable doofus.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Eel hovercraft posted:

Yeah, pretty much every troll comes across as a lovable doofus.

It's very good (and much needed) comic relief.

Trolls are giant toddlers. They just want to be your friend. Then mans fall down :smith:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dr Snofeld posted:

You're just killing one by extension if you mod in the decoction at a merchant.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Only reason trolls should be killed is when they're rabid or too stupid for society. Sort of like dogs. Ok, maybe just pit bulls.

Deified Data posted:

Yeah I only read far enough in the books to know where Ciri and Yennefer came from, I really should pick them back up. They were better than I expected as I usually hate books translated from other languages.
I found myself looking up a lot of words in the dictionary that I realized are totally correct but not necessarily what native speakers would use. On the other hand, I can't say I'd come up with better terms either. Lots of architecture and even medical terms showed up, and it's not like I'm a doctor or architect. But perhaps Sapkowski used pretty obscure words for even Polish and thus the tone is about right.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

I butchered the succubus and doppler without a second thought. The doppler was a kleptomaniac and the succubus probably had herpes, playing it safe there. Now their precious mutagens are mine.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sitchelin posted:

I butchered the succubus and doppler without a second thought. The doppler was a kleptomaniac and the succubus probably had herpes, playing it safe there. Now their precious mutagens are mine.

iirc the Doppler was stealing food to give to a nearby Scoiatel band, so if you hate those guys you made the right choice!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
troll lives matter

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Minor gripe: maybe I'm just Bad at this game but gently caress the Ciri flashbacks on 'blood and broken bones'-difficulty :suicide: .

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
At any point in Blood and Wine do you need a strong Gwent deck? I like the game but I didn't have my old save so I started from the pre-built one and don't really want to grind out a deck again if it isn't needed.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
It took a bit of grappling with the tools (it's been a long time since I've had to wrangle a command prompt) but I made my Buyable Doppler and Succubus Mutagens mod. I ended up giving them to the halfling herbalist in Novigrad, so that you'd get them at around the same time as if you murdered those poor creatures. Literally the first mod I've ever made.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I have been systematically killing every monster in hiding I can find, except for painter troll, he can stay. The rest knew the risks, and I want that money.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

nessin posted:

At any point in Blood and Wine do you need a strong Gwent deck? I like the game but I didn't have my old save so I started from the pre-built one and don't really want to grind out a deck again if it isn't needed.

Not really, though the gwent content basically has you collecting cards for and then building a deck with Skellige cards. So it's good to have strong supporting cards to win the games to get them and the subsequent tourney.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I love the fact that the trolls are also apparently excellent artists. They also have some culinary skill (I guess). They marinate the one guy before cooking him which was funny to me.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I just got to the Lady of the Lake, and the Hermit told me I have all 5 virtues. A bug, or did I just complete the relevant quests at some point?

Really love how the various caves you clear in B&W actually have new furnishings and stuff as a result.

Wonder why some of the expansion stuff wasn't backported into the main game. Why are the first boars I've ever seen level 30+? Why not have some of the B&W foods and junk present in fancier Novigrad homes?

Dr Snofeld posted:

It took a bit of grappling with the tools (it's been a long time since I've had to wrangle a command prompt) but I made my Buyable Doppler and Succubus Mutagens mod. I ended up giving them to the halfling herbalist in Novigrad, so that you'd get them at around the same time as if you murdered those poor creatures. Literally the first mod I've ever made.
Thanks.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You just did a virtue at some point. They're not quests, just little flags for some choices throughout the expansion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Arglebargle III posted:

You just did a virtue at some point. They're not quests, just little flags for some choices throughout the expansion.

Things like if you spare the Shaelmaar at the beginning, you're permanently flagged as having shown compassion. There's a bunch of different ways to get each virtue.

Editted in spoiler tags.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 10, 2016

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hey Xander, people were pretty good about not spoiling the main game during your playthrough, it'd be cool if you could do the same with the DLC. Some of us haven't gotten around to them yet. Just put it under a tag!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, I was really going to try to 100% this game, but I just don't think I'm gonna be able to do this Gwent stuff. Just... Ugh. How do you get cards good enough to beat the Baron or Stepjan?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

10 Beers posted:

Man, I was really going to try to 100% this game, but I just don't think I'm gonna be able to do this Gwent stuff. Just... Ugh. How do you get cards good enough to beat the Baron or Stepjan?

I don't remember how it works with Stepjan, but if you simply can't beat the Baron if you advance to the end of his questline then regardless of what ending you get for it I'm pretty sure his unique card will be lying around in his room at the keep and you can just pick it up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

10 Beers posted:

Innkeeps sell cards, but really it's just a matter of git gud early on.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Where can I buy the readable that gives me the enhanced cat gear upgrade quests for the boots and armor? I already had the quests for the sword, trousers and gauntlets but I can't remember how I got them.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Blacksmiths are supposed to sell you maps that point the way.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr Snofeld posted:

Could you add a Troll Mutagen? Killed all the rabid trolls, didn't drop a single one.

Took off Geralt's cloths to get into Dr Moreau's machine, and his hair was removed along the way. Sadly, only in the inventory screen.

Wasn't sure if this woman was supposed to be in the barrel, but a quick threat got her to hop out.

Roach has finally done it. He finally got us into a pose that required a reload.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What a bummer. Even with manticore armor, bombs barely did anything in the final quests of the main game. Since I was 10-15 levels higher than the enemies I thought that grapeshot would crit the heck out of the final bosses but nope. Instead just smashed them with euphoria. The best part about this alchemy build though is chucking poison bombs then standing in the poison with golden oriole for extra healing. Makes water hag decoction even stronger.

As to gwent , I've shockingly lost a few games in touissant to randoms. Some have had 3 scorches + villen come out which is insane vs my northern realms deck that's pretty much all tight bond.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Gotta have some board control.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
"Instead of donning a breastplate, you dash into battle, shirt open, navel and whatnot exposed!"

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Kind of bummed by the fact that since I enjoy exploring and doing side quests and seeing the world so much I'm so loving overleveled for the actual "main" story-line quests and their branches. Doing a level 12 "Redenia's Most Wanted" quest while I just hit level 18 is BLEh. Good thing the writing and environment and everything else is perfect and keeps me going.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Turn on enemy scaling?

mastershakeman posted:

As to gwent , I've shockingly lost a few games in touissant to randoms. Some have had 3 scorches + villen come out which is insane vs my northern realms deck that's pretty much all tight bond.

I saw at least one guy with two Villentretenmerths, that would have been a nasty surprise if I had drawn any blue stripes that

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's designed for more than one playthrough. You aren't supposed to be able to do all the quests without being over leveled.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Xander77 posted:

Could you add a Troll Mutagen? Killed all the rabid trolls, didn't drop a single one.

Took off Geralt's cloths to get into Dr Moreau's machine, and his hair was removed along the way. Sadly, only in the inventory screen.

Wasn't sure if this woman was supposed to be in the barrel, but a quick threat got her to hop out.

Roach has finally done it. He finally got us into a pose that required a reload.

It bears repeating that your game is hosed. It's worse than any Skyrim memes I've ever seen.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Could be his hardware, I suppose. Hard drive or RAM?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

chaosapiant posted:

It bears repeating that your game is hosed. It's worse than any Skyrim memes I've ever seen.

He's running a bunch of mods, right? Could those be the cause?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
He also said he leaves the game running 24/7, even while he sleeps, alt tabbing out when not playing.
Bugs tend to appear and pile up over time, by not quitting and reloading they can stack up and start getting weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Arglebargle III posted:

Gotta have some board control.

There's only so much you can have, especially against nilfgaard. I guess i'll finally put a few of my own scorches in, i usually don't like to use them but i've been able to go through my entire 28 card deck a few times now with spies/decoys/medics.