Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Rorus Raz posted:

uh did he delete his twitch

Raccoon has two Cs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

tomorrow I'm gonna post my highlights and lowlights in this format, I would suggest anyone else do it to if you get some time

sweet runs
tasbot - was pretty slick because thing
tetris - it was tetrisy and amazing

sour runs view at your own peril
trials was a 90 min showcase not speedrun and only 20min were worth watching

okay gng

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

YOURFRIEND posted:

I actually have no idea who any of these people are. 'gdq has changed a lot.
:smith:

We're all friends at gdq

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Did AGDQ not have a bundle? I was just saying to total after the bundle, not what the Bundle made (which was just sy of 60k)
AGDQ 2016 did not have one, but instead I think there was a (fairly weak) sale on their storefront. It's the first marathon to fail to exceed the total from the previous year.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
1. What is the raccoon raid thing?

2. Anyone have an updated list of runs to watch?

3. Is Wario World worth watching?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Until January, friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z54MpfR3XE4

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Bad Seafood posted:

Dey gat tha cahh keyyss.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
alright gang tomorrow's sunday what should i watch

Yushiro
Apr 10, 2003

Little Mac posted:

When did they say AGDQ would be?

January 8-15th

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The nice thing about GDQ is that it's like Thanksgiving. It's over before you know it, but you'll be eating leftovers all week.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Looper posted:

Jak & Daxter if you missed it, because it's probably the best run this year.

Also if anyone at all missed Jak & Daxter, go watch it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

The nice thing about GDQ is that it's like Thanksgiving. It's over before you know it, but you'll be eating leftovers all week.

This is the best thing you've ever posted

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Before I peace out I just want to be smug as gently caress about how hard I was pushing Jak & Daxter at the beginning of the week and nunna y'all believed me, what. WHAT.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

There was a lot of magic this week.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, just a quick list of my must-watches:

DKC : Tropical freeze race - really tight race, great commentary
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - one of the greatest finishes this GDQ, hell, any GDQ
Castlevania: SoTN blindfolded - can't really explain, great gameplay, great blunders, just watch it
Skyblazer : Very solid run for a slightly obscure platformer. Good commentary (PJ)
Star Wars : Jedi Academy - this was AWESOME. High energy, great commentary, incredibly broken game.
Momodora: It's half-coordinated, what else do you need? Tugs at your heartstrings for various reasons.
Sonic '06: It's Sonic '06. Again one of the greatest moments of this GDQ at the end.
Deus Ex: Impressive run, broken game, great commentary.
Shatterhand: Klaige makes a super hard game look easy.
Bionic Commando: It's PJ, must see! Solid run.
Tetris Block: some really impressive stuff in there. And it's probably the last Tetris block in a while in GDQ's.
Skyrim: Get that bucket!
Ninja Gaiden Shadow: making another hard game look easy. Great commentary.
Super Mario World low%: a 15-year old guy with his grandma on the couch doing a near-perfect run. Must-see.
Pepsiman: PEPSI FOR TV GAME. One of the highlights of this GDQ.

Jak & Daxter is a mixed bag, it was really fun to watch live, but I have a feeling it won't work as well with a second viewing. But if you haven't seen it, do see it.

I know there's something others have recommended that's not on here but I haven't seen everything yet. This is from what I have watched live or from VOD in a few cases.

Anyway, it's been a fun week. See you in the ESA thread!

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Looper posted:

Watch/re-watch Jak and Daxter, Momodora, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Symphony of the Night (Blindfolded), Jedi Academy, Super Mario World Low %, Tetris, Elder Scrolls block, Two Worlds.

That's about all I can remember.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Rorus Raz posted:

In an effort to describe what a GDQ event is to people in order to get them to donate, I've called this "the olympics of video games". I'll be adding this quote as well to my description. :) Thanks.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Golbez posted:

I missed this but I've seen all sorts of mentions what was it

A thing of beauty. An experience.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Literally me when I look at the thread statistics:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

which was the run where the dude just blurts out in the middle of the run that his gf is transgender (and was sitting behind him)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zorglorfian posted:

In an effort to describe what a GDQ event is to people in order to get them to donate, I've called this "the olympics of video games". I'll be adding this quote as well to my description. :) Thanks.

man can you imagine if the olympics were a charity fundraiser

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

which was the run where the dude just blurts out in the middle of the run that his gf is transgender (and was sitting behind him)

Fallout 3, but I think(?) they were both in on it

it was like an anniversary I think

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rorus Raz posted:

uh did he delete his twitch

EDIT: nevermind, wrong channel. Twitch search doesn't work
twitch search still absolutely trash :thumbsup:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Fallout 3, but I think(?) they were both in on it

it was like an anniversary I think

thanks, basically if I watched the run where that's in it I needed to know it's coming beforehand because it just might kill me from embarrassment

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Your Computer posted:

Literally me when I look at the thread statistics:

rip you :(

oh wait you didn't actually mean literally

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

thanks, basically if I watched the run where that's in it I needed to know it's coming beforehand because it just might kill me from embarrassment

stay safe, cringeghost

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

"We are still a 2000 $ short on the 'blindfolded javelin throw' incentive. Make that happen, people! We have a donation for 500 $ from Hans: 'Hey Rio, first time donator, been watching the olympics since ancient Greece. Put this towards the "Bolt runs the 100m backwards" category. Greetings from Germany!"

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Zorglorfian posted:

1. What is the raccoon raid thing?

On Twitch a streamer will usually host another player's twitch stream when they log off (so all of the viewers will be sent to the hosted streamer). It's called a 'raid' and the target the SGDQ had was a Twitch streamer with the username LivelyRaccoon. The raid message is usually just what the initial streamer tells their followers what to spam the hosted chat with (In this case it was "PEPSIMAN" and yeah his channel was flooded by tens of thousands of people).

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Rorus Raz posted:

Stealing this, hope you don't mind.

https://twitter.com/uraniumanchor/status/752053185389273092

(Didn't have enough room to credit you sorry. :()

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

p.s. don't forget Pinball Joe is still streaming

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looper posted:

it's basically the exact opposite but that's a rant for another thread

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Can the OP's 2nd post be updated with The Best Runs safely now? I was at work for a lot of the daytime ones :(

It also stops everyone from asking every 5 pages

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Azazell0 posted:

And it's probably the last Tetris block in a while in GDQ's.

Why's this? I had to miss the Tetris run and still need to watch the VOD.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

stringball posted:

Can the OP's 2nd post be updated with The Best Runs safely now? I was at work for a lot of the daytime ones :(

It also stops everyone from asking every 5 pages
Well everyone has different opinions on that but the last few pages before the thread dies are usually everyone's suggestions anyway

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Trash Boat posted:

Why's this? I had to miss the Tetris run and still need to watch the VOD.

I think they said something about taking a break because they've pretty much shown everything they can in this last few events and they don't want to keep doing the same stuff, even though it's awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. (but I think that reasoning is valid.)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Once more, huge props to the tech team, really impressed

And much love to all the people organizing these, so much fun every time

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just finished the last of my big SGDQ duties. Gonna play Heart of Darkness with speedfriends :unsmith:

• Locked thread