Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I didn't know Split/Second was getting a sequel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://i.imgur.com/K89cZ76.gifv

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LeJackal posted:

......I can't tell if you're exceptionally stupid or just unbelievably privileged.

Right, separate but equal bars. Don't come to ours, we won't go to yours.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Can't tell if y'all are being willfully ignorant or you legit can't see the problem a gay person might have with straight people going to their bar.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
http://youtu.be/C9qSduzY3-0

Video keywords:
- Tree
- Vogueing
- Broom
- 240v
- Bruno Mars

Three-Phase has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Jul 11, 2016

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can't tell if y'all are being willfully ignorant or you legit can't see the problem a gay person might have with straight people going to their bar.

https://youtu.be/HTN6Du3MCgI

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Is this shadenfreude for you:?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
If we're going to have sexual orientation segregated bars, can we also bring back racially segregated bars? It's the same thing, being innate, from birth characteristics and all.

Plus we can keep those drat dirty Italians out of our whites-only bars.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

LeJackal posted:

I like to drink at gay bars because they are safe places for gays - so stop invading our safe spaces, okay?

I'm an ally, so I don't make it any less safe.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Don't agree with LeJackal, even if you agree with him.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I don't mean to spam but I really had to post this video in two threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75D1vJEfxQ

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
The bars that are spaces that I'm not welcome in (as a straightish guy) are pretty obviously so. And okay - not everyone has to want to hang out with me. That being said, every gay bay I've been to in person, people have cared even less about who I want to bang than people at straight bars. So if you run into the literal strawman/men at a bar, go to the next one down I guess?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Overheard at the local gay bar: If i have to put up with y'all in my kids school then you drat well gotta put up with me here! C'm'ere aminmit betsy, show them that rock i got you when we got married! Bet y'all wish ya had that, huh?!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Overheard at Pulse: "I'm not gay!! I'm not g-"

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I'm excited that we've reached a point in our culture where someone can say "I'm straight and I like going to gay bars because they're fun" and that can be vilified. Not sure who the schadenfreude is on (probably me).

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Holy poo poo.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Magic Hate Ball posted:

And now you're a corncob.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I wish we could just post some good schadenfreude before the thread gets locked.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There's no reason it should be locked

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJh1Jn1mQQ

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

The closest bar to my apartment is the gay bar across the street and I have to walk a whole extra block to get to a bar that's just bi-curious; life is pain :emo:

Okay so I walked the extra block to go to the non-gay bar and I had to suffer through seeing the whitest, straightest couple I had ever seen attempting to dance together. I mean, they were both wearing khaki shorts

I thought the schadenfreude was on me but then as I walked home I realized the guy ahead of me, who looked to be on more drugs than a coma patient, was slowly shuffling down the street with his pants around his ankles as he grasped the air around him

However, I didn't have my phone on me to make a video for this thread, so to try to make it up to you here are 12 minutes of sports bloopers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrsTiR5bjdA

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

fullroundaction posted:

I'm excited that we've reached a point in our culture where someone can say "I'm straight and I like going to gay bars because they're fun" and that can be vilified. Not sure who the schadenfreude is on (probably me).

Apparently segregation is making a comeback. Oh boy.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

LeJackal posted:

......I can't tell if you're exceptionally stupid or just unbelievably privileged.

Okay, riddle me this one, batman. I'm bi. Where the gently caress am I supposed to drink.

vv lol vv

PopeCrunch has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Jul 11, 2016

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

PopeCrunch posted:

Okay, riddle me this one, batman. I'm bi. The gently caress am I supposed to drink.

A cosmopolitan?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PopeCrunch posted:

Okay, riddle me this one, batman. I'm bi. Where the gently caress am I supposed to drink.

vv lol vv

Half of one drink and maybe half of a different one if you're in the mood for it?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Sometimes fans at bike races get a little too close for safety and need to be moved away before they cause a crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwz5sqantOU

I'm mean that's totally a self defense punch.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Shamshel posted:

The bars that are spaces that I'm not welcome in (as a straightish guy) are pretty obviously so. And okay - not everyone has to want to hang out with me. That being said, every gay bay I've been to in person, people have cared even less about who I want to bang than people at straight bars. So if you run into the literal strawman/men at a bar, go to the next one down I guess?

Assuming that there is another. A lot of places have only one gay bar - but lots of straight barrooms. Thats kind of the loving point.

Straight folks have plenty of places to go, gay folks have limited, if any, and you want to take even that scrap of safe space away.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Are gay people not allowed to go to non-gay bars where you live or something? I mean last I checked pretty much anyone can go to any bar where I live, but maybe in Russia or Texas or wherever its different.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think it's less "not allowed to go" and more the "I want to be able to hit on cute people without worrying that some homophobe will go off and clock me"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"why don't gay people want straight people coming to their bars?" is literally the same question as "why is there a black history month, but no WHITE history month?"

hope this helps

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you guys cannot be serious

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I would assume any male ok enough with going to a gay bar is not going to be insulted or enraged if hit on, you just "say thanks for the compliment but I'm straight". But I also think you should have to suck a couple dicks that night, regardless.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Worst loving thread on the forums bar none

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

"why don't gay people want straight people coming to their bars?" is literally the same question as "why is there a black history month, but no WHITE history month?"

hope this helps

That's a terrible analogy. Black history month isn't about being exclusionary, it's about celebrating minority achievements. Assuming good faith, there's nothing stopping white people from joining in -- just like there shouldn't be anything stopping straight people from going to gay bars.

e:

FCKGW posted:

Worst loving thread on the forums bar none

Can we just permaban lejackal already

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Jul 11, 2016

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I think the fear is that hordes of touristy bros will clog the local queer joint and make it just another lovely straight bar, which does happen - I know there's been some tumult here in Seattle where the gay neighborhood was overtaken by tech transplants. The general rule is that if your night at a gay bar isn't the perfect petting zoo fantasy you imagine it to be, that's not our problem because this isn't your safe space. Sorry if you feel put out but you're not the ones still under general cultural threat.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Oh my god stop whining about how minorities aren't being accommodating enough for straight/white people.

http://i.imgur.com/ULmbHKE.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/cu319xp.gifv

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
He's fencing responding to his own stupidity.