Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

staplegun posted:

This was one of the recommended links while I was watching some of those exploding tire videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62Z8Ev9OXA

drat, now i wanna see more out of control truck tires just rolling over/through everything.

I'm curious how far that tractor tire would've gone if it didn't completely demolish the ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I will always admire the sheer brave stupidity of the two guys with the orange mat who have just seen this 220kg tyre travelling at half light speed annihilate everything in its path and yet STILL decide to try and stop it.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

This thread is a good supporting article for a corporate death penalty. If you are lack of safety practices gets someone killed, your company should be nationalized and liquidated.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

staplegun posted:

This was one of the recommended links while I was watching some of those exploding tire videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62Z8Ev9OXA

drat, now i wanna see more out of control truck tires just rolling over/through everything.

I've been in two near wrecks involving people not securing wheels properly on their cars. These things are dangerous on the highway.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sylink posted:

This thread is a good supporting article for a corporate death penalty. If you are lack of safety practices gets someone killed, your company should be nationalized and liquidated.

Yeah dude, really punish the workers for poo poo they can't control. You just gonna let the C levels just walk away?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah dude, really punish the workers for poo poo they can't control. You just gonna let the C levels just walk away?

In my fantasy land the entire company is seized so the C-levels lose any equity/ownership they might have, as well as any investors. Yes, it might burn some workers, but other companies will fill the void in the market.

And after a couple rounds of this it would stop happening as companies stopped being as poo poo.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Sylink posted:

In my fantasy land the entire company is seized so the C-levels lose any equity/ownership they might have, as well as any investors. Yes, it might burn some workers, but other companies will fill the void in the market.

And after a couple rounds of this it would stop happening as companies stopped being as poo poo.
In your sad fantasy world anything is possible, sure. But in reality, capitalism will find a way to avoid spending money no matter what.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
In my fantasy, crooked management is tied to the ski ramp in that video.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Posting to rescue Chief Savage Man from the depths of stupid forums bugs.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nitrox posted:

Sup, thread

Didn't realize Grover built another house.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

Didn't realize Grover built another house.

It's inconclusive, since we can only see one window.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My brother has been living in his current house for about 10 years now and every now and then he'd get a faint whiff of gas in the kitchen, even when he hadn't been using the gas grill at all. It was only ever a tiny faint whiff of gas and it barely ever happened so he never got around to looking into it. Last year he finally decided to get a plumber to check it out and the guy discovered that when the house was being built someone put a nail right through the pressurised gas line but it was only when the weather got to a certain temperature that the copper pipe expanded enough to emit some gas.

Now that's a slow leak.

When I moved into my house I first thought it was just the house being musty from the previous owners, which was weird because the place was immaculate when I saw it. After leaving and having a nasty headache I realized we had a gas leak. It was a fairly small leak on the feed to the furnace so we don't think they dislodged it while moving; only guess we had was it was winter and unseasonably warm so it had managed accumulate enough because the fan hadn't turned on, and thankfully the pilot light didn't ignite and blow the whole thing up.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

No caution, wet floor signs here. Definitely an OSHA violation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcCMr76mJE

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

angryrobots posted:

Sorry, last page but since this wasn't answered - the groundman hosed up. The rope is a set of blocks, and the groundman was supposed to let the top fall and slowly arrest it on its way to the ground in a controlled manner. Instead, he held the rope fast and the man standing 80' up paid for it.

In the video you can hear the groundman yell "SORRY!"

Ahh that makes sense thanks

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

that's what happens when you let patrick swayze drive dammit

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

I saw this gif for the first time in 2004 and it was the hardest I have ever laughed at anything on the internet.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

There's a bunch of little details in this I love, like how he mashed the turn signal on in his futile attempt to steer with his foot

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What exactly was the plan here?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Collateral Damage posted:

What exactly was the plan here?

He wanted to ghost ride the whip, duh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvlGVNInw4

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's a dangerous maneuver and should be left to the professionals on a closed course

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/12/several-killed-as-two-trains-collide-in-southern-italy-puglia

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

How does this even happen? How far away from the nearest switches are these trains?

Also, that poor olive grove.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sample:

:waycool:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Building a shed is very much like recreating the skeleton from a The Fly-esque teleporter mishap

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My Escher-inspired shed.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

drat all the photos in that set are a treat.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

SpacePig posted:

How does this even happen?

Someone never played OpenTTD.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The fire hydrant flying away is the best part.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This guy must design freeways in Houston.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dude failed Euclidian geometry.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
In his shed in R'lyeh dead Chthulhu lies dreaming.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

That was posted 3 years ago, I wonder what it (or the remains of it anyway) looks like now...

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

SpacePig posted:

How does this even happen? How far away from the nearest switches are these trains?

Also, that poor olive grove.
Very simple answer: "private regional rail company"

Trains are not a thing you can leave to the vagaries of the "free market" without making a few omelettes along the way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grover?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Sylink posted:

The fire hydrant flying away is the best part.

As is the dude nearly getting run over by the truck as it bounces off the pole.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

It's like it was being built across a fault-line of rapidly moving tectonic plates

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

minato posted:

It's like it was being built across a fault-line of rapidly moving tectonic plates

or

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Mithaldu posted:

Very simple answer: "private regional rail company"

Trains are not a thing you can leave to the vagaries of the "free market" without making a few omelettes along the way.

Scrambled eggs would probably be more accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

staplegun posted:

Scrambled eggs would probably be more accurate
Nah omelette works, they gently caress everything up and just let it sit there on the fire.