Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I'm honestly pretty sure that 5'7" is just the publicized height and that Cruise is in reality closer to 5'5". He's ever so slightly shorter than Downey Jr., who's a legit 5'7" (and boy does that guy have a complex about it the way Cruise never did or does).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Byzantine posted:

Gods of Egypt sequel already?

No, because the Egyptian character is played by a North African actress this time.

grahf987
May 11, 2009
All the Alien talk in the last 30 pages or so has made me realize the my ultimate goal in life is to have a threesome with Sigourney Weaver and Ellen Page. Page has the look and the intensity to be a new Ripley in a new light, I propose her name as Junoply. I do not care how old one gets or how gay the other gets, I'm shooting for the stars beyond the stars in a parallel universe. Best my dream if you dare. Page looks like and is about the age of the original Ripley, whatever the context, I would not mind her in the role one bit. I do not understand the hate for her, but granted I like Shia La Buff(or however you spell it), Tom Cruse is the poo poo(in movies), and Tyler Perry can loving act (when he is not trying to shill out lowest common denominator schlock).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

grahf987 posted:

All the Alien talk in the last 30 pages or so has made me realize the my ultimate goal in life is to have a threesome with Sigourney Weaver and Ellen Page. Page has the look and the intensity to be a new Ripley in a new light, I propose her name as Junoply. I do not care how old one gets or how gay the other gets, I'm shooting for the stars beyond the stars in a parallel universe. Best my dream if you dare. Page looks like and is about the age of the original Ripley, whatever the context, I would not mind her in the role one bit. I do not understand the hate for her, but granted I like Shia La Buff(or however you spell it), Tom Cruse is the poo poo(in movies), and Tyler Perry can loving act (when he is not trying to shill out lowest common denominator schlock).

k

I'm off to see Tarzan in a few, hoping it'll be interesting. I'm really surprised to see that SLJ is in this. He hasn't showed in any of the trailers or promo stuff (outside of his name on the poster) here. It's kinda weird. There's ads everywhere for it, but no SLJ appearing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sam Jackson, secretly, is in every single movie. Just because you might not see him directly, doesn't mean he isn't in it. He's probably somewhere hidden in the vanishing point of a scene, or mixed in amongst extras in a cafeteria or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Cameo posted:

I'm honestly pretty sure that 5'7" is just the publicized height and that Cruise is in reality closer to 5'5". He's ever so slightly shorter than Downey Jr., who's a legit 5'7" (and boy does that guy have a complex about it the way Cruise never did or does).

A fun thing to do is to try and find pictures of certain actors' shoes from filming days. There's a set pic of RDJ from Iron Man 3 where he basically looks like he's wearing platform shoes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

grahf987 posted:

Shine on you crazy diamond

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this? posted:

A fun thing to do is to try and find pictures of certain actors' shoes from filming days. There's a set pic of RDJ from Iron Man 3 where he basically looks like he's wearing platform shoes.

All his shoes are wedges and have lifts in them.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Neo Rasa posted:

Sofia Boutella is 5'5" which makes her two inches shorter than Cruise.

Two inches taller, you mean.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Gonz posted:

Sam Jackson, secretly, is in every single movie. Just because you might not see him directly, doesn't mean he isn't in it. He's probably somewhere hidden in the vanishing point of a scene, or mixed in amongst extras in a cafeteria or something.

Weirdly enough, he's easily second or third lead. I'd say he gets about equal screentime to Christoph Waltz. I wonder why he got nixed from the advertisements. It's not like he's unpopular.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

well why not posted:

Weirdly enough, he's easily second or third lead. I'd say he gets about equal screentime to Christoph Waltz. I wonder why he got nixed from the advertisements. It's not like he's unpopular.

He's in some of the ads but really they just had a bad ad campaign for the movie as a whole. They focused pretty much solely on a couple of big action scenes while showing very little of the rest of the movie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Do they use the Phil Collins song

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Two inches taller, you mean.

Ah, welcome, welcome. Please step into my Tom Cruise Height Truth blog

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lady Naga posted:

The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise - the greatest song lyric ever composed.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lady Naga posted:

This has kept me from seeing the Disney version to this day. Phil Collins blows.

Since we're getting sexy Universal monsters, I'm eagerly awaiting the Inhumanoids from the Deep style remake of Creature from the Black Lagoon.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise - the greatest song lyric ever composed.

*nods in christian bale like manner*

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I am actually convinced after Swiss Army Man that Mary Elizabeth Winstead is somehow related to Sigourney Weaver. The two should play mother and daughter some time.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Robert Downey Jr. wears baby shoes, this is delightful

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

What a dweeb.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grahf987 posted:

:yikes:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Seriously :wtf:

Ellen Page is gay you dolt

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Ellen Page is gay you dolt

To be fair, he specified that he doesn't care about that, which is pretty magnanimous.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sir Kodiak posted:

To be fair, he specified that he doesn't care about that, which is pretty magnanimous.

*wipes sweat off forehead*

phew

i was worry

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

You've never heard of Cuban heels?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Sofia Boutella, has there been any kind of advance press screenings or early reviews or anything like that? I'm just looking for any reason to hope it might be good.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
It premiered in Australia on Friday.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Sofia Boutella, has there been any kind of advance press screenings or early reviews or anything like that? I'm just looking for any reason to hope it might be good.

Assuming you're talking about Star Trek, I have confidence that something written by Simon Pegg and directed Justin Lin and starring actors I like playing roles I like seeing them play will at least be watchable. If you're talking about The Mummy, it's really rare for there to be press screenings for movies before they've finished filming.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Skwirl posted:

If you're talking about The Mummy, it's really rare for there to be press screenings for movies before they've finished filming.

It's a terrible strain on the CG animators' wrists.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

FYI, it is a rule in CineD that you don't talk about what you jerk off to. Please don't make someone have to come in and enforce this rule, thanks.

anyway, movie news:

BuzzFeed is now getting a movie based off one of its stories, one of the few actual stories that aren't Disney Princess quizzes or gifs ganked from tumblr explaining the civil rights movement - Brother Orange. Basically a guy's phone got stolen and then months later photos started appearing on his iCloud account from the guy who bought the phone in China from resellers down the line, and the original guy met up with the Chinese guy and viral content was created.

quote:

Warner Bros is teaming up with BuzzFeed to bring the story to the screen, and developing the project with Flagship Entertainment, the joint venture between CMC Holdings and the studio founded in September 2015 to target the Chinese market.

The Orange sensation began when BuzzFeed editor Matt Stopera had his iPhone stolen in 2014. Unbeknownst to him, the iPhone made its way across the continent, across the Pacific and into China, and a year later, random pictures began appearing on his photo stream, including a series of photos of a serious-looking man in front of an orange tree.

The editor did a series of stories about the incident, and the story went viral in China, exploding on social platform Weibo with more than 20 million views in 24 hours and over 100 million total shares. There, the online community dubbed the man, Li Hongjun, Brother Orange and helped Stopera track him down. Stopera eventually sought out Hongjun in China with both becoming overnight celebrities. Back in the U.S., the two appeared on Ellen.

The plan is to tell a story about an unlikely, accidental friendship that transcended cultural divides.

Michael Shamberg and Matthew Henick, head of development at BuzzFeed Motion Pictures, will produce.

Stopera is executive producing alongside Broad City co-creator Ilana Glazer (who happens to be his roommate), Ellen DeGeneres and Jeff Kleeman will executive produce.

Also the Sega game Rent-A-Hero is getting a movie adaption. Rent-A-Hero is about a guy who was accidentally delivered a Superhero outfit instead of a pizza, then takes odd jobs to pay for the outfit. The film will go in a different direction because what's the point of acquiring a property if you aren't going to toss out every bit of it? Now it will be about Uber for Superheroes, except they fight against their evil corporate overlords. Basically like real Uber, except not as evil as real Uber.

quote:

The SEGA video game, originally released in 1991, will be adapted by Hot Tub Time Machine director Steve Pink, who will direct the action adventure, as well as co-write the project with Jeff Morris.

Rent-a-Hero will follow a slacker genius as he joins a tech start-up that is billed as an "Uber for heroes," only to find out that company insiders are planning on weaponizing the technology, leaving the slacker genius and his Rent-a-Hero comrades to stop them.

Tomoya Suzuki, President and CEO of Stories International, the production arm of SEGA Group and Hakuhodo DY Group, is set to produce the movie, with Stories International's Evan J. Cholfin acting as executive producer.

Another Sega adaption is already in the works. Stories International is partnering with mega producer Marc Platt on a Shinobi feature film.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

grahf987 posted:

niccccce

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Also the Sega game Rent-A-Hero is getting a movie adaption. Rent-A-Hero is about a guy who was accidentally delivered a Superhero outfit instead of a pizza, then takes odd jobs to pay for the outfit. The film will go in a different direction because what's the point of acquiring a property if you aren't going to toss out every bit of it? Now it will be about Uber for Superheroes, except they fight against their evil corporate overlords. Basically like real Uber, except not as evil as real Uber.

While it sucks that they're throwing everything about it out, does this mean we'll finally get Segata Sanshiro's cinematic debut?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tars Tarkas posted:

I'm confused. Like, seriously confused.

I don't think anyone wanted a Rent-A-Hero movie back in the day (let alone knew about the game). Why on earth would they try to adapt it 25 years later?

Am I missing something here?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Dexie posted:

I don't think anyone wanted a Rent-A-Hero movie back in the day (let alone knew about the game). Why on earth would they try to adapt it 25 years later?

It's an unrelated movie but they wanted the name,seems like.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dexie posted:

It would not be the first time something was purchased just to get the name/title.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Which came first, Rent-A-Hero or The Greatest American Hero? They sound like the same thing.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Rent a Hero sounds like a premptive move against the possible One Punch Man and Tiger and Bunny western adaptions

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

If you need more YA in your Left Behind and also want films to have ridiculous titles, Vanished: Left Behind Next Generation has you covered.

https://vimeo.com/131218676

grahf987
May 11, 2009

grahf987 posted:

Wow, uhhh, drunk me has some issues and wants SA to know how much I like the Alien films in the most circuitous way. Thanks for being gentle CinD, although sober me stands by the hated actor recommendations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

The weird thing here is Rent-A-Hero has never been released outside of Japan. It's a cult game that's gotten fans for being so oddball, but it's severely marginal as a movie license.

Of course the real question is when do we get the Segagaga movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A Seaman movie with the voice of Zachary Quinto seems more likely.

• Locked thread