Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the gay society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Let them squirm. Nothing more than death throes.

Donald Trump is not bound by the GOPe's dictates, and neither are WE THE PEOPLE.

TRUMP!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the gay society

Gotta love how the party of "freedom" really hates it when "gay" and "rights" are used together.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Waiting for these

Drug testing welfare
Removing early voting/voter ID laws
Religious Freedom laws
Bring back abstinence education funding
No rape incest exceptions for abortion
English only

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

It's a sea of unforced errors. If this makes it into the final platform they're going to be raked over the coals.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Removing early voting/voter ID laws

Surely the Trumpublicans would still be in favor of this? Side note, I would love to see a Trump supporter in here have the balls to admit that they support this not because of voter fraud or whatever, but because it helps Republicans win by suppressing the minority vote. Part of the whole Trump thing is admitting what real Republicans have thought all along and not dogwhistling any more, right?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Atoramos posted:

It's a sea of unforced errors. If this makes it into the final platform they're going to be raked over the coals.

I don't think so. This is nothing new or surprising to anyone. Nobody thinks the GOP is at all the pro-gay party.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slate Action posted:

Surely the Trumpublicans would still be in favor of this? Side note, I would love to see a Trump supporter in here have the balls to admit that they support this not because of voter fraud or whatever, but because it helps Republicans win. Part of the whole Trump thing is admitting what real Republicans have thought all along and not dogwhistling any more, right?

"voter fraud" is a dogwhistle for "poors" and "not-whites" :ssh:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Slow and steady wins the race.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...n,trump&fudge=1

NON PARTISAN Polls of LIKELY voters:

LOL if you UNCHECK Rasmussen:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

*opens high school history book and sees grecian urns of men locked in nude erotic combat* i feel the school reshaping me, it is a good gay

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Subterfrugal posted:

Didn't Rasmussen predict McCain would beat Obama until like the VERY LAST polling period, and then they said Obama would win big to make them look prescient?

And then do the same thing in 2012?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/752484702452322305

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pander posted:

Didn't Rasmussen predict McCain would beat Obama until like the VERY LAST polling period, and then they said Obama would win big to make them look prescient?

After August 3rd, 2008 no Rasmussen poll showed a McCain lead.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
As of right now the GOP platform contains both nativist sentiments (English only!) and harsh anti-gay measures.

It only goes down from here.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Pander posted:

The GOP has lost so hard on anything to do with sex or gender it's gotten very interesting to see how long they can keep up the appearance of a fight.

"sex or gender" became two separate issues when grandpa wasn't looking.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Subterfrugal posted:

hahaha holy poo poo, that's one hell of a change

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Future Budd Dweyer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pander posted:

That was Gallup, and only in 2012. They were majorly off in the final month of polling until they adjusted their demographic weightings to be more in line with everybody else's.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Future Budd Dweyer

Yikes, but everything inside of me wants to read the accompanying Palin Facebook post.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh i get what's going on in the graph

almost nobody does likely voter polls this early so likely voter polls are, like, rasmussen and one other guy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

evilweasel posted:

hahaha holy poo poo, that's one hell of a change

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Somebody's campaign needs to recruit the Bernie mathematicians to publish some abstract theories about how they are actually the frontrunner. Jill Stein isn't aiming high enough with that 15% threshold, I need to see some complex proofs on my facebook feed for how she's winning the election.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Someone post the Trump Surge Graph that you get by only including Rasmussen.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

Don't know about 2008, but their 2012 state polling had Romney winning nearly all of the swing states.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DaveWoo posted:

Don't know about 2008, but their 2012 state polling had Romney winning nearly all of the swing states.

:laffo: that's, ah, quite the miss.

I know polling outfits will drop bad polls for news exposure from time to time but for the most part they follow the overall trend. Folks like Ras seem to just by trying to support a counter narrative for reasons unknown.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

FAUXTON posted:

:laffo: that's, ah, quite the miss.

I know polling outfits will drop bad polls for news exposure from time to time but for the most part they follow the overall trend. Folks like Ras seem to just by trying to support a counter narrative for reasons unknown.

There's money in pandering to the right wing alternate reality bubble?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump/God 2016

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/752474728200278016

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

rasmussen is pretty consistent in its bias, seems more likely that they just have some unorthodox methodology and refuse to change it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trump for the Trump God, Trump for the Trump Throne

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

God's a registered Democrat.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The GOP will continue to go down in flames as long as they stick to these batshit social conservative platforms

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Trump isn't going to like this

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

This is awesome, a Trumpified God

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yesssssssssssssss. I love the EMP wackos more than anything else in the GOP sphere.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phi230 posted:

The GOP will continue to go down in flames as long as they stick to these batshit social conservative platforms

They've still got House and Senate majorities -- the party is not about to go away, and neither is the batshit.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Rasmussen is worstpoll. Nate Silver says they've averaged 6 points off, with a 4 point bias in favor of the GOP. Rasmussen is always an erratic outlier and that makes it garbage.

It's not a partisanship thing. I'll take YouGov/Economist, the runner-up right-leaning outlier, because it actually behaves in a way that resembles reality and makes sense. I'll take Fox News polls, which used to be more biased but have become more reliable and closer to the rest of the pack in recent cycles. I'll even disregard ABC/WaPo just to be fair because of its slight-moderate left bias.

But Rasmussen is garbage and belongs in the garbage.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

They've still got House and Senate majorities -- the party is not about to go away, and neither is the batshit.

We shall see about those majorities within the next 4 years

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Boosted_C5 posted:

I can't wait to read through the Hillary Toxx thread in the wee hours of the morning on Nov. 9th and ban every motherfucker in there.

Can I help?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's kinda funny how Boosted learned absolutely nothing from 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I mean yeah the social conservatism stuff is still there and will continue to be

but is it such a great idea to push WE HATE THE GAYS!!!! HATE 'EM; THOSE FUCKIN' HOMOS!!!! front and center so close to a national campaign?

like I guess they've got time to amend it but yeesh

• Locked thread