Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

:sweden: über alles.

über alles to who? The Axis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I did - about a year ago. And then what happened? He kind of backed out of the limelight a bit and let Erin, Tracey and others take more responsibility. I feel like he keep to the realization that he's going to need the help and expertise of others to get the project done. In doing so, they've kept things under wraps so that they wouldn't have to face such scrutiny.

You know Toast, all of a sudden I got this feeling CR may be gradually pushed away until full practical exit. All Erin, Tony and co would need would be the rigth excuse and context to make him save enough face. 10FTC being cancelled and Erin becoming more and more prominent in the whole thing may say so, who knows. I can see Chris just acting as some kind of special advisor or honorific chairman title and showing up here or there to sign autographs when needed. One can but dream.

Also, did you manage to find those additional revenue sources you stated? Or were you just thinking about loans?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, yeah. The operational expense for 180 people is not cheap. But, they were still net positive cash flows at the end of the year. That's a huge positive for an entity with 22 mil operational expense. Even then, it gets consolidated to the parent, who's obviously using this entity to offset their tax burden.

I believe you have already been corrected on the employee number. The opex in the financials are not covering 180 (not even 184), but just 132 average employees in 2015. For a 2015 equivalent of around 22.5 million USD. That suggests an overall ballpark of around 40-50 million dollars for a 270 people organization, give or take. Plus any other specific expenses not related to F42 that may be unaccounted for.

Now 2015 yielded around 36 million USD in pledges. And so far 2016 is looking at a 25-30% lower income in average compared to 2015, so around 26 million USD for the year.

We do not exactly know the cash reserves CIG may have, although anyone can get to a reasonable ballpark estimate, but even in the most optimistic case unless revenue spikes dramatically within the next 6 months or so, something will have to give. Either CIG rushes a released crappy poduct, a cancellation or a significant downsizing. Or all of the above.

Unless.. Your other sources of revenue are investors. And in which case the whole premise of a 100% crowdfunded game would go down the toilet aswell.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 11, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lladre posted:

über alles to who? The Axis?

War profiteering is good for you. At least it was for us…

FenderRXB
Sep 4, 2007
Fight Off Your Demons
Is TopHat free yet?

Free TopHat

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

/r/dereksmart finds out about the Level article:

I wonder whatever their reaction might be? /s

These people have literal brain damage and should all be institutionalized :wtchris:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:shrug:

I'm actually pretty sure that's a mockup and DickWulf is lying to us about having that shirt made.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Wow, CS is on the ball today

Oh Good, the dumb gently caress admitted that they intentionally label people as Goons so they can figure out what to do with them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok - fair enough. Yet, he did deliver on the first WC games and even though MS bought him out for Freelancer, it was still a success that was largely attributed to his 'creative' inspiration.

Citation needed.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

I'm actually pretty sure that's a mockup and DickWulf is lying to us about having that shirt made.

wow theyre totally owning derek there jesus. Like theyre gonna be at the grocery store and people will see them wearing a battle loser shirt. Even those people will know Derek has been pwned.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

Mark Hamill is adorable.

Also, I would chip in to pay peterottosj or whatever his name was to translate his LEVEL piece and publish it to his site.

How much would it cost to purchase the rights?

MoMA can pay that with his pocket change probably.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
No, it's definitely a photoshop job. He never found any fonts, just look at how he made the 1 and 2 out of the original 3 and how the 5 is literally an upside-down 2. Who the gently caress goes to reddit to lie about how he had a shirt made out of a bad pun?

E: source:

everything about dickwulf is sad without invoking any sympathy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lladre posted:

Do you think Sandy will get leniency for her jail time after she performs her best acting to date at the post trial sentencing? Or will the prosecutor play the you're fired video and condemn her to twenty years hard labor?

That would be the death penalty then.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/warner-bros-settles-ftc-charges-it-failed-adequately-disclose-it

So just to be clear MoMA, you are here defending this disasterpiece of your own free will and are in no way compensated for it?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:guinness::hf::downs:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

No, it's definitely a photoshop job. He never found any fonts, just look at how he made the 1 and 2 out of the original 3 and how the 5 is literally an upside-down 2. Who the gently caress goes to reddit to lie about how he had a shirt made out of a bad pun?

Please do not make fun of this multi-millionaire's photoshop of a t-shirt for a critic of a videogame whom he doesn't like on the internet.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That nagging feeling that keeps you coming back here to shout into the void is the internal voice you should be listening to.

You were dumb, you made dumb decisions, it's not too late to rectify the situation. That $4000 could go toward a future child's college fund, or a mutual fund for retirement. There is zero reason it should be in spaceships for a game that isn't released yet.

We don't even make fun of "The Doubledown" Sarsapariller too much.

Also, if you're financially secure and it's genuinely disposable income you could blow the whole $4k on stupid bullshit. Take a vacation or buy some combination of dozens of AAA games, weed, firearms, overpriced alcohol, fancy meals out, Stephen Curry 'Chef' shoes, etc- whatever floats your boat! Most ways of irresponsibly spending that money are going to result in substantially more fun experiences and memories (and/or durable goods) than keeping it in Star Citizen will, even if we posit that it somehow magically becomes a really good game instead of a flaming trainwreck. You don't even need to feel bad, because the money will still be going to support people and organizations who provide your preferred entertainments. You'll just be actually getting the goods and services you're paying for instead of an IOU that looks iffier by the day.

Even if you're entirely altruistic and just want to help people achieve their dreams, there isn't really a reason to keep the money in Star Citizen. They've been more than adequately funded through donations and you yourself seem to be confident they have mysterious additional funding sources. They don't need your $4k, but there are plenty of worthy individuals and charities that do.

LGD fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 11, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Battleloser :negative:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Barn Folk posted:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/warner-bros-settles-ftc-charges-it-failed-adequately-disclose-it

So just to be clear MoMA, you are here defending this disasterpiece of your own free will and are in no way compensated for it?

Wow. This needs requoting in each page.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Puppet master defense incoming

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Lladre posted:

MOMA. Why are you so concerned with jail time for the CIG employees?

It seems that is what triggers you the most.

PS. They are going to jail.

you stupid twats and your egomaniacal dimwit leader ... god drat, it's embarrassing

here's a hint: learn yourself. not here, not in smart's blog... it's made up poo poo.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Lazrin posted:

you stupid twats and your egomaniacal dimwit leader ... god drat, it's embarrassing

here's a hint: learn yourself. not here, not in smart's blog... it's made up poo poo.

I agree places other than those two are made up poo poo

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

AP posted:

90 days until Citizen Con 2016.

But only 28 days until I get out of the joint. I get to watch that disaster as a free man!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lazrin posted:

Lowtax may be egomaniacal, but dimwitted?

quote:

here's a hint: learn yourself.

Learn what?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Lowtax may be egomaniacal, but dimwitted?

Learn what?

About game development.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lazrin posted:

Quiet Child, how else will our secretive cabal further it's nefarious conspiracy against Star Citizen if you constantly point out that we are somehow led by Derek Smart, for some reason.

Then we lose all of the credibility we have obviously sought! Somehow!

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Lazrin posted:

How much are you in for commando

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

Why do you insist on being embarrassed on our behalf, friend? You have an example of a Citizen who's lied bragging to Reddit about having made a shirt of a bad pun because he's not an admirer of one game developer. You're practically family, do something!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jst0rm posted:

About game development.

Myself is game development?
I suppose that makes some sense — I never understood the level-up mechanic.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The best part will be when the shitizens blame goons for making people lose confidence in the croberts and that is why the game never came out.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Lazrin posted:

Hello. Please tell us how irrelevant Derek Smart is by posting all about Derek Smart.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

Player 2 has entered the game. Hey Lazrin now that Mark Hamill has confirmed he has been filming on a set for SQ42 will you be admitting I was right and so was DS? Write back soon X

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Lazrin posted:

:lol:

Sub-par meltdown

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

6400 posts ain't no way I'm reading through that. Saw on pgabz video that sc cut tutorial. What have those idiots been doing this week apart from cutting that important feature yo.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Stop worrying about my monetary situation. I'm fine. I must have missed the part that said this was a concern thread.

Our concern for you triples every second.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

NightWig posted:

6400 posts ain't no way I'm reading through that. Saw on pgabz video that sc cut tutorial. What have those idiots been doing this week apart from cutting that important feature yo.

You don't need a tutorial in a minimum viable product.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

NightWig posted:

That was ages ago.
This week, they cancelled most of their channels for what they pretended to be “open development” (read: PR).

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Zakutambah posted:

I enjoy being a patron of the arts.

SA is high art.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

:stare:

That is some Exorcist poo poo

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

This mindset that backing a game is somehow a 'gamble' and that should be expected needs to stop, now.
When did this happen?
I remember the earlier times of early backing we paid money for a game we knew would be delivered, there was no bullshit OH THE STAKES ARE HIGH about it. We were simply paying for development of what was promised.
I backed Assetto Corsa and never, not once did I think it was a gamble, or risky. I pre paid for a game to get some cool extras, a game that WOULD be made.
The fact that people like you have woven the 'gamble' into early access is bad enough, but you people also have slowly drip fed the notion that not only is it a gamble to back projects, it is also entirely our own fault if the project fails and we are left with nothing.

It's wrong, you are wrong and the wishy washy bullshit way you look at the 'gamble' and 'lol welp, we knew going in it may fail!' is disgusting. It is not normal to have 1% doubt a project will be completed and it certainly is not acceptable or somehow a BUYER BEWARE situation if a project does fail.

A serious and insightful post :stare:

My respect for you triples every second, Peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

TTerrible posted:

Player 2 has entered the game. Hey Lazrin now that Mark Hamill has confirmed he has been filming on a set for SQ42 will you be admitting I was right and so was DS? Write back soon X

never said he wasn't.

i said the act of knowing that was treated like some giant secret when it was public knowledge. but you rallied around your leader like he brought you some kind of insider info. lol.

on top of all that, what does it matter what he's doing? you don't understand game production, film production, the schedule(s) of those involved and, well, everything else. so saying anything other than "hamill is filing for SC" is irrelevant.

all of the other words came together it a massive reality distortion field known as this thread.

• Locked thread