Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: Learn Yourself

e: catte

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why do they keep picking on my posts that they are going to jail to get all hyped about?

Are you and MOMA worried about close personal family/friends?

Or you are concerned for your fantasy boy/girlfriend?

PS they are going to jail.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lazrin posted:

never said he wasn't.

i said the act of knowing that was treated like some giant secret when it was public knowledge. but you rallied around your leader like he brought you some kind of insider info. lol.

on top of all that, what does it matter what he's doing? you don't understand game production, film production, the schedule(s) of those involved and, well, everything else. so saying anything other than "hamill is filing for SC" is irrelevant.

all of the other words came together it a massive reality distortion field known as this thread.

It wasn't public knowledge till after Derek's tweet, FYI. So there is that.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
gently caress it triple post combo breaker.

Free Top Hat then probate him again.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Tippis posted:

B'tak. 🐥

:vince:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lazrin posted:

never said he wasn't.

i said the act of knowing that was treated like some giant secret when it was public knowledge. but you rallied around your leader like he brought you some kind of insider info. lol.

on top of all that, what does it matter what he's doing? you don't understand game production, film production, the schedule(s) of those involved and, well, everything else. so saying anything other than "hamill is filing for SC" is irrelevant.

all of the other words came together it a massive reality distortion field known as this thread.

hello fellow traveler.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/752559535055835136

please be sure to strap the gently caress in.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember when they were appealing to people by invoking images of you on your deathbed with your children/grandchildren crowding around and you tell them, "I was there and supported fidelitous space simulation video-games during the console wars" before you die?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lazrin posted:

you don't understand game production, film production, the schedule(s) of those involved and, well, everything else.

You're projecting. Just because you have no insights into the topics in question does not mean that actual developers, producers, and schedulers share your lack of knowledge.

quote:

so saying anything other than "hamill is filing for SC" is irrelevant.

Nope. Also, why would Hamill be filing for them? Is he an accountant on top of being a (primarily voice) actor?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

never said he wasn't.

Pretend I effort posted a response because this poo poo is exhausting.

My favourite part of this thing is when the people duped by SC wheel out "you know nothing about game development" aside from the obvious :ironicat: it's often directed at this thread in general and if you knew some of the people that lurked and posted here you'd dig yourself a 100ft deep grave to escape the embarrassment of suggesting they don't know what they're doing.

Clown. Emporium. Games.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

never said he wasn't.

I understand re shoots are because poo poo sucks. Ask me how I know.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
MOMA, regarding your investigation thingy.

quote:

Warner Bros. Settles FTC Charges It Failed to Adequately Disclose It Paid Online Influencers to Post Gameplay Videos
Influencers Were Paid Thousands of Dollars to Promote ‘Shadow of Mordor’
FOR RELEASE
July 11, 2016
TAGS: Bureau of Consumer Protection Western Region Consumer Protection Advertising and Marketing Endorsements Online Advertising and Marketing
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc. has settled Federal Trade Commission charges that it deceived consumers during a marketing campaign for the video game Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, by failing to adequately disclose that it paid online “influencers,” including the wildly popular “PewDiePie,” thousands of dollars to post positive gameplay videos on YouTube and social media. Over the course of the campaign, the sponsored videos were viewed more than 5.5 million times.

Under a proposed FTC order announced today, Warner Bros. is barred from failing to make such disclosures in the future and cannot misrepresent that sponsored content, including gameplay videos, are the objective, independent opinions of video game enthusiasts or influencers.

“Consumers have the right to know if reviewers are providing their own opinions or paid sales pitches,” said Jessica Rich, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Companies like Warner Brothers need to be straight with consumers in their online ad campaigns.”

The FTC’s complaint stems from a late-2014 Warner Bros. online marketing campaign designed to generate buzz within the gaming community for the new release of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, a fantasy role-playing game loosely based on The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was released in September 2014 for the PlayStation 3 and in November 2014 for the Xbox 360.

So if this is an average, we won't see anything till next year. And this is a public company, easier to investigate than your shady private conman establishment.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Jst0rm posted:

loving lol. A perfect post combo.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jst0rm posted:

i don't think you do.

and who says these are reshoots?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Holy poo poo guys.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've fallen victim....
H

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, perhaps SC will be his redemption.
E

ManofManyAliases posted:

And additionally, the amount pledged to a certain point needs to be publicly available information (as it influences the success of the project). However, you cannot hold funds at day of delivery - Kickstarter is not about guaranteeing projects are successful. They are only a medium to get project starts the funds to attempt to succeed.
.-..
L

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't know it. But it would be plastered everywhere if there was one (here - first - especially).
.--.
P

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol - is that why you guys gang on me? Gotta keep up appearances to the public? "There's one in our midst - keep him at bay!"
--
M

ManofManyAliases posted:

this post is incredibly boring.
E

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Tippis posted:

Nope. Also, why would Hamill be filing for them? Is he an accountant on top of being a (primarily voice) actor?

Maybe he'll send a cake for Chris.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

never said he wasn't.

Friend, a helpful tip: the plural for schedule is schedulæ. Pronounced [ske-DULL-aye]. Except for that nitpick your post was overall great have an upvote

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hope my excellent post doesn't get blown away by the meltdown.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

i don't think you do.

Yo' mama does heyooo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

but you rallied around your leader like he brought you some kind of insider info. lol

This is my Warlord. There are many like him, but this one is mine.

My Warlord is my best friend. He is my life. I must follow him as I must master my life.

Without me, my Warlord is still totally rad. Without my Warlord, I am useless. I must shitpost my Warlord true. I must paaarp straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must fartpost him before he fartposts me. I will.

My Warlord and I know that what counts in war is not the posts we spam, the length of our blog, nor the photoshops we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My Warlord is goony, even as I, because he is my life. Thus, I will treat him as a God. I will learn his lack of weaknesses, his strength, his blogs, his discords, his twitter and his RSI accounts. I will keep my Warlord fueled and ready, even as I am fueled and ready. We will become part of each other. We will.

Before God, I swear this creed. My Warlord and I are the defenders of Goon Valor. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is dead gay comedy website something awful dot com's and there is no Star Citizen, but peace!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

iron buns posted:

Maybe he'll send a cake for Chris.

I suppose… but then wouldn't he be doing the baking rather than the filing? I mean, unless they let him sleep over so he has time to get to work on the window bars.

Maybe that's why they got those new Santa Monica offices: so Chris et al. could practice their technique?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

i don't think you do.

:allears:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lazrin posted:

you stupid twats and your egomaniacal dimwit leader ... god drat, it's embarrassing

here's a hint: learn yourself. not here, not in smart's blog... it's made up poo poo.

I had fun today arguing with the MoMA wall, but I don't find you as amusing.

And I don't get my data from here or Smarts Blog. All my Star Citizen knowledge comes from Major Tom and the Frontier forums. See perfectly reliable.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I wonder if Crobberts based the Star Citizen roadmap on Spaghetti Junction in the UK? Would certainly explain a few things.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

thatguy posted:

Holy poo poo guys.

H

E

.-..
L

.--.
P

--
M

E

:five:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

GazChap posted:

I wonder if Crobberts based the Star Citizen roadmap on Spaghetti Junction in the UK? Would certainly explain a few things.

:magical: This is the kind of nightmare you only see in “guys, I think I messed up in Cities: Skylines” threads.

…on the other hand, from a Cities: Skyline perspective, :circlefap:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hello fellow traveler.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/752559535055835136

please be sure to strap the gently caress in.

:eyepop:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lazrin Dickwulf and MoMA Toast post like strawmen. And I am glad of it.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

i don't think you do.

They have to be reshoots. He was already in for his shoot. Its called block shooting. I've worked in the film industry as a creative lead for 15 years. You don't continually bring in leads for this poo poo unless you dont give a poo poo about burning tons of cash or your product is poo poo.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Star Citizen: Your product is poo poo

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Jared Leto's screen tests for Suicide Squad?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jst0rm posted:

They have to be reshoots. He was already in for his shoot. Its called block shooting. I've worked in the film industry as a creative lead for 15 years. You don't continually bring in leads for this poo poo unless you dont give a poo poo about burning tons of cash or your product is poo poo.

That's not a very strong argument for their being reshoots, then. :D

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jst0rm posted:

maybe.

unless you needed them for something else.

and said lead's schedule called for them being in the country for another major project.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MedicineHut posted:

You know Toast, all of a sudden I got this feeling CR may be gradually pushed away until full practical exit. All Erin, Tony and co would need would be the rigth excuse and context to make him save enough face. 10FTC being cancelled and Erin becoming more and more prominent in the whole thing may say so, who knows. I can see Chris just acting as some kind of special advisor or honorific chairman title and showing up here or there to sign autographs when needed. One can but dream.

Also, did you manage to find those additional revenue sources you stated? Or were you just thinking about loans?

I believe you have already been corrected on the employee number. The opex in the financials are not covering 180 (not even 184), but just 132 average employees in 2015. For a 2015 equivalent of around 22.5 million USD. That suggests an overall ballpark of around 40-50 million dollars for a 270 people organization, give or take. Plus any other specific expenses not related to F42 that may be unaccounted for.

Now 2015 yielded around 36 million USD in pledges. And so far 2016 is looking at a 25-30% lower income in average compared to 2015, so around 26 million USD for the year.

We do not exactly know the cash reserves CIG may have, although anyone can get to a reasonable ballpark estimate, but even in the most optimistic case unless revenue spikes dramatically within the next 6 months or so, something will have to give. Either CIG rushes a released crappy poduct, a cancellation or a significant downsizing. Or all of the above.

Unless.. Your other sources of revenue are investors. And in which case the whole premise of a 100% crowdfunded game would go down the toilet aswell.

Obviously we know nothing of financials.

I know we talked about PPE earlier. People focus on expenses that they can easily change. Paperclips, buying cheaper copier paper, etc. The end result with corporations like this is that salaries is the big boy and the rest is a joke. When 75% of expenses is salaries, you know the only means to control that. Here's the kicker, you can't cut yourself to profitability. And this is biggest challenge that CIG faces. They cannot cut staff to stave off their biggest load of expense because it would sacrifice the product. Engineering debt, concept sales, etc. just toss them deeper into the hole. In short, they are hosed.

Which brings me back to the PPE. Somehow a "division" with half the staff has 1.5x the amount of PPE compared to Frontier. This somewhat boggles my mind when you factor in depreciation of fixed assets that goes into that figure. Just another example of overly frivolous expenditures that got them here in the first place.

The consolidated financial argument...bwahaha...yeah, ok, all the directors make the stated figure. Hint: It's just one.

LoC, loans, etc. Every company does it. Ford will borrow a billion for a few percent if they think cranking out new pickup trucks will give them a ROI greater than the loan. Bank is happy. Ford is happy. Problem with CIG is they have no deliverable tangible product. Any bank that loaned them money is gently caress shake stupid and had to be done shortly after the 2.0 launch.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

/r/dereksmart finds out about the Level article:

I wonder whatever their reaction might be? /s

been gone a few days. did cr poo poo the bed and sell the jpeg?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

ManofManyAliases posted:

Please - don't even call this bullshit because you can't understand how consolidated financials work. BTW - these accounts are abbreviated. Your accountant "friend" should have informed you that you can't make any reasonable or educated guess as to the financial integrity of this one subsidiary based on the audited filing.

I really hate to do this. Again, you appear to have repeated words you might have heard once and think you understand but you do not understand.

These accounts are not abbreviated. Abbreviated accounts can be filed by a company (or group) that fulfils two of three requirements, this company alone does not meet any of the three and so decided to comply with the law and not file abbreviated accounts.

If you have literally any knowledge of accountancy, you could tell within seconds by browsing the accounts but I'm going to teach you how to cheat in future. Go to the very first page and the cover sheet will literally tell you. Look at the previous year and you'll see it clearly state they are abbreviated accounts. Look at the current year and you will see they are not.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/752568008950906881

:eyepop:

E: nm, I think Derek just meant he is "finished" with his role in production, rather than backing out. Prolly just means he doesn't have any other material to do or re-do.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 11, 2016

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

maybe.

and said lead's schedule called for them being in the country for another major project.

If you needed them for something else you mismanaged everything. You should have everything ready when you start principal photography.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

maybe.

If you mean the criminal investigation into F42 I don't think they're that far along yet

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Oh well there you go. Maybe he is taking over for Gary after he realized what a pile of poo poo he got himself into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Jst0rm posted:

Oh well there you go. Maybe he is taking over for Gary after he realized what a pile of poo poo he got himself into.

Hamills character is called old man. This is not a joke.

• Locked thread