Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I dunno, on the T-65 it isn't a bad choice, especially on something like Wedge since it allows him to get arcs a whole lot easier. It's also 2 points vs 4 for EU, so I can see some use on it. I don't think boost is overwhelmingly better than barrel roll as re-positioning options go, although it depends on the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
R3 would be useful on a ship with Gunner, because you could whiff the attack and get an evade. But :lol: at the idea of putting a 5 point crew on the 1 evade ARC-170, the only ship that can take astros and crew.

Unless their dial is amazing I don't expect these ships to see much table time.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Poe with PtL, Vectors, R2 Astro. Moves like Soontir, double the HP, much easier to hit if in arc, but has 1 speed moves to stall behind someone forever. Also eats target locks with Black One title. Dunno, prob not better than the standard build, but could be fun.

Could easily see it for the things you mention EU being better on. Better in a vacuum, yes. But 2 points instead of 4 is pretty huge, and makes it a much more viable choice. I don't know that it beats out other options, but it's tempting.

Edit: also, barrel roll is much more useful on ships that are slow, versus fast ships. TIEs want boost to scream around the board, Rebels want rolls to keep away and use those slow moves. Each side got the one the other team wanted. :v:

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 11, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tekopo posted:

I dunno, on the T-65 it isn't a bad choice, especially on something like Wedge since it allows him to get arcs a whole lot easier. It's also 2 points vs 4 for EU, so I can see some use on it. I don't think boost is overwhelmingly better than barrel roll as re-positioning options go, although it depends on the ship.

T65 is probably the best argument, but then, no IA.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

banana pirate with Feedback and VT plus an Intel Agent somewhere?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

True, no IA hurts. I do actually see it maybe going on Tycho as well, although that would be just a poor man's Jake. EU/Rage Tycho is better anyway.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Rage/PTL/ATs is what Tycho wants, no question.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

T65 is probably the best argument, but then, no IA.

If you dodge an arc it probably comes out ahead of 1 extra HP. I think on Wedge it might be worth it post movement, so you can take a non BB-8 astromech instead.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I would imagine that the R3 Astromech is the first "half" of the T65 x wing fix. The other being some kind of S-Foils dual card with the attack position adding a focus result to primary weapon attacks.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
R3 is going to be interesting on my high PS X-wings, because I can totally ignore taking a focus just in case I need it in defense and instead stack up on TLs for a defense bonus. Especially since it means I can drop Predator on Wedge for something like Outmaneuver or a similarly costed EPT without losing the offense boost.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

I mean if you don't mind dropping the AT, Rage/EU is better than having a vector thruster.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

That is such a fun build. Maybe the most fun 30 points (or 35 with prockets) that money can buy in this game.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

Feels like a really early preview, too. Wonder if this means the release might be reasonably quick.

Haha good one.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Tekopo posted:

I mean if you don't mind dropping the AT, Rage/EU is better than having a vector thruster.

A-wings already have boost?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I meant EI, whoops.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

R3 is going to be interesting on my high PS X-wings, because I can totally ignore taking a focus just in case I need it in defense and instead stack up on TLs for a defense bonus. Especially since it means I can drop Predator on Wedge for something like Outmaneuver or a similarly costed EPT without losing the offense boost.

R3 is only good on high ps x wings because you gotta shoot before the enemy does for it to do anything.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tekopo posted:

I meant EI, whoops.

So, focus action PTL'ed to evade, EI'd to Rage leaves you with 2 focus tokens and an evade token and the ability to reroll 3 dice on attack.
Neat!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

R3 is only good on high ps x wings because you gotta shoot before the enemy does for it to do anything.

Yeah pretty much.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I assume you mean EI not EU? EU adds boost which he already has... And yeah, PTL EI Rage is funny AF.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am sorely tempted to run Juke/R3 Wedge for that extra little "gently caress you" on offense. Funny, because Juke is more reliable against a ship I just ate the focus token off of with Wes than spending a focus to convert to a hit ever would be.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Juke/R3 Wedge could be funny. Twitchy to spend four points on something that might not trigger though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Langolas and I will be playing our league game in a few if anyone wants to watch. GOONS BEING GOONS, pass is lljk

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

hoiyes posted:

Would also be pretty excellent on a theoretical ship with systems, to be used with accuracy corrector & Juke. (xwing fix systems slot please please).

Finally, it's the E-Wing's time to shine!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Finster Dexter posted:

Tail Gunner on Ghost/Phantom might be neat.

On the other hand, it might not, since the VCX has a "special" firing arc and not an "auxiliary" firing arc.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Poopy Palpy posted:

On the other hand, it might not, since the VCX has a "special" firing arc and not an "auxiliary" firing arc.

FFG is a mess.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Finally, it's the E-Wing's time to shine!

Why not just take an Evade action at that point tho?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

alg posted:

FFG is a mess.

Seems to me more like they deliberately made the Ghost's arc special so they could apply boosts directly to the things that need it without making the ghost overpowered.

That said...I'm not sure Tail Gunner is what firesprays needed. Their issue is costing a bit too much for how long they survive and the damage they put out.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Seems to me more like they deliberately made the Ghost's arc special so they could apply boosts directly to the things that need it without making the ghost overpowered.

That said...I'm not sure Tail Gunner is what firesprays needed. Their issue is costing a bit too much for how long they survive and the damage they put out.

Srsly, I can't see a Firespray actually wanting this crew over Dengar crew, or one of 4LOM or Zuckuss.

Imperial firesprays? lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

thespaceinvader posted:

Why not just take an Evade action at that point tho?

Barrel roll to get into (Or out of) arc or a focus for defense? :shrug: Or you could take the Evade action and get two shiny evade tokens! :v:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

I am sorely tempted to run Juke/R3 Wedge for that extra little "gently caress you" on offense. Funny, because Juke is more reliable against a ship I just ate the focus token off of with Wes than spending a focus to convert to a hit ever would be.

I wonder how it works out in the case you roll multiple eye results. Turn one to an evade to Juke, reroll the other(s) with target lock. Hmm. Probably still better than just focusing everything.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Barrel roll to get into (Or out of) arc or a focus for defense? :shrug: Or you could take the Evade action and get two shiny evade tokens! :v:

...which you then can't spend on a single attack for reasons

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Also, Vectored Thrusters on K-Wings actually seems legit to me. Barrel rolls on turrets are really good, either to make it tougher to donut hole them with TLT, or easier to get into range 1 with the primary/autoblaster turret. And it's not really competing with much on the K-Wing unless you're packing ordnance.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

I wonder how it works out in the case you roll multiple eye results. Turn one to an evade to Juke, reroll the other(s) with target lock. Hmm. Probably still better than just focusing everything.

Use the TL first (don't reroll one focus) but don't cancel the result until you see how the reroll comes out. Then if you happen to have a focus token you can decide whether to pump it up for maximum offense (against low/zero agility ships) or play it safe against high enemy offense and gently caress with tokens.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Srsly, I can't see a Firespray actually wanting this crew over Dengar crew, or one of 4LOM or Zuckuss.

Imperial firesprays? lol

I'm running a double Firespray list right now. Dengar on Kath and 4-LOM on a munitions Boba.

There's no way I'd trade either for Tail Gunner. :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The Gate posted:

Also, Vectored Thrusters on K-Wings actually seems legit to me. Barrel rolls on turrets are really good, either to make it tougher to donut hole them with TLT, or easier to get into range 1 with the primary/autoblaster turret. And it's not really competing with much on the K-Wing unless you're packing ordnance.

No PTL on them so barrel roll is your only action. Not terrible but certainly cuts their offensive output.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Predator and Tail Gunner vs Dengar and....PtL? I dunno, I think it's got a place. What does Kath run as an EPT normally?

Edit: sure, no PtL, but in the case of the autoblaster version barrel rolling for a shot seems a lot better than taking a 2-dice primary shot with a focus. For TLT a range one primary with focus vs the TLT with no mods is a lot more up in the air. Would depend on how many green dice the target can throw, and what tokens they have.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 11, 2016

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
R3 is pretty bad and I'm unhappy about it. Pretty much no use for the generic/midrange T-65 pilots I want to run, though I could imagine strapping one to Biggs. Maybe. Probably not though. If it was cheaper then maybe.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 11, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Gate posted:

You have a PWT though, so it's more or less irrelevant where you are unless you're out of range entirely. THat's what so loving annoying about k wings.

And LRS is actually likely to be really useful on even non-ord K-wings, means you can easily get TL/Focus on your first round of attacks.

The Gate posted:

Predator and Tail Gunner vs Dengar and....PtL? I dunno, I think it's got a place. What does Kath run as an EPT normally?

VI.

Corbeau posted:

R3 is pretty bad and I'm unhappy about it. Pretty much no use for the generic/midrange T-65 pilots I want to run, though I could imagine strapping one to Biggs. Maybe. Probably not though. If it was cheaper then maybe.

Chance of Biggles getting ganked before it even has a chance to go off is way too high.

Not to mention that he wants to stay as cheap as possible.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 11, 2016

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Corbeau posted:

It super sucks to get more bad generic astros for Rebels when Vets just contained some bonkers cards, as did the last wave for scum and Empire.

Hopefully Heroes of the Resistance contains some bonkers cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
To be fair, if Pattern Analysis is what we think it is, that's pretty insane.

• Locked thread