Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

Having just reread it during my Dan Slott Spider-Man readthrough, I'm just gonna say it: Fantastic Four 588 is the finest issue of comics ever published. The main story's incredible and the backup is one of the best Spider-Man stories ever written.

God of Thunder #12. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leaks of a lot of new comics coming out this year are out.

Kate gets her own book

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ultimates relaunching as Ultimates2(squared) with Travel Foreman (Iron Fist, Animal Man) on art http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-al-ewing-and-travel-foreman-relaunch-the-ultimates-as-ultimates-squared-for-marvel-now/

Iron Fist has a 6 year old girl partner in the new series with Kaare Andrews back writing http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-a-6-year-old-girl-iron-fist-kaare-andrews-and-afu-chan-launch-iron-fists-for-marvel-now/

Plus a bunch more popping up on Bleedingcool right now.

e:
Sean Ryan written Prowler http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-prowler-series-by-sean-ryan-and-jamal-campbell-for-marvel-now/

Bullseye from Ed Brisson http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07...devil-season-3/

Venom from Mike Costa http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-venom-back-on-earth-with-new-1-from-mike-costa-and-gerardo-sandoval-for-marvel-now/

Gamora from Nicole Perlman http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-marco-chechetto-will-draw-nicole-perlmans-gamora-for-marvel-now/

Renew Your Vows from Gerry Conway http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-gerry-conway-and-ryan-stegman-revisit-renew-your-vows-for-marvel-now/

Sorcerer Supreme from Robbie Thompson http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-robbie-thompson-and-javier-rodriguez-launch-doctor-strange-sorcerors-supreme-for-marvel-now/

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) from Kelly Thomson http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-kelly-thompson-and-leonardo-romeros-hawkeye-stars-kate-bishop-for-marvel-now/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 11, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

New Venom series, back on Earth. No confirmation on who's in the suit. Link here.

I really hope it's an Agent Venom/Mania teamup. I like him on the Guardians but that whole plotline was left hanging and I haven't read Space Knight because I heard it was bad. Either way I'll be fine with a new Venom ongoing (since the last one was so good) as long as it's still Flash. The symbiote plotline with Flash changed his dynamic and relationship with the symbiote enough so that I'd like to read about its fallout on Earth, I think there's good storytelling potential there.

New Chip Zdarsky-helmed Star-Lord, which is such a perfect fit I'm sort of aghast it was never thought of. Will be interesting to see if it's Kitty Pryde's Star-Lord or Peter Quill's, but either way it should be excellent. Link here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Posting to Bleeding Cool should be a ban.

They are teasing Rich coming back in Nova.

No X-Men books except for Death of X.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JFC that's a lot of comics.

Really annoyed Power Man and Iron Fist is ending.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Man I love me some Iron Fist but more Kaare Andrews does not really excite me. I hope he at least picks up the Immortal Weapons as supporting cast, if they're going to go with Danny training the next Iron Fist and play up the legacy stuff.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Occupy Avengers? Seriously? It'd be just as timely if it was called Don't Avenge Me Bro. Looking forward to the Iron Men and Venom, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Occupy Avengers has Clint on the cover with a crowd supporting him.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really hope this doesn't mean A-Force is cancelled.

Anyone wanna gin up a list of titles not featured on that list? So far I got

A-Force
All Avengers titles
Wolverine
Old Man Logan
Amazing Spider-Man (unless RYV is the new AS-M title? But that seems crazy)
All X-Men titles
Karnak
Mockingbird
Thunderbolts
Power Man and Iron Fist

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ANAD Avengers is continuing as Avengers by Waid with Hercules and Doom Iron Man joining.

Uncanny Avengers is still going.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kinda disappointed the Squirrel Girl team isn't relaunching their comic again.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah there's so many notable holes on that list I kind of have a hard time believing that's the entirety of the lineup. Like, I can't imagine a lineup with zero titles with the word "X-Men" on the cover, especially since Death of X is supposed to be some sort of mini. And no Wolverine titles? That's real weird.

Also it's hard to believe they'd, like, cancel A-Force and keep Patsy Walker considering how the former doubles the latter in physical sales and is more inherently appealing as a book.

Codependent Poster posted:

ANAD Avengers is continuing as Avengers by Waid with Hercules and Doom Iron Man joining.

Uncanny Avengers is still going.

Ah okay then. Still though, no New Avengers title? That seems real weird.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 11, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume that stuff not mentioned is going to keep going as is. Though Maybe the X books will stop while death of X is going on and then new books will come out based on the outcome of that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Death of X just involves the death of every X-Man ever. The exception is Wolverine who it is revealed is actually an Inhuman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nope, clearly Death of X is actually about ending the entire line of X-Men titles.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This reminds me, in the latest Silver Surfer, SS reassures a little kid that it's okay that Fantastic Four comics aren't being made anymore :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Nope, clearly Death of X is actually about ending the entire line of X-Men titles.

This would be amazing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

RIP in piece X-Mans

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Peter Parker is about to contract fatal Kryptonite poisoning

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Isn't Death of X a flashback mini filling in the missing 8 months where Scott got rebranded as a terrorist? I'm picking it up because Soule's on it, but I find it real hard to believe they'd cancel/delay X-Men '92 for a miniseries that will have ostensibly zero impact on that book's story.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Renew Your Vows, Mosaic, and Cage have caught my eye.

I'd like more info on Bullseye and Kingpin .

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Isn't Death of X a flashback mini filling in the missing 8 months where Scott got rebranded as a terrorist? I'm picking it up because Soule's on it, but I find it real hard to believe they'd cancel/delay X-Men '92 for a miniseries that will have ostensibly zero impact on that book's story.

It not you, it Cyclops.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

It not you, it Cyclops.

:golfclap:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Use your imagination. Storm's Limbo X-Men go back to the event to stop Cyc and end up throwing the whole race into actual Marvel comics Limbo with the Richards :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Use your imagination. Storm's Limbo X-Men go back to the event to stop Cyc and end up throwing the whole race into actual Marvel comics Limbo with the Richards :)

To be honest I'd read an arc that was "the X-Men, trapped outside time, must venture to strange new worlds in search of a way home."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest I'd read an arc that was "the X-Men, trapped outside time, must venture to strange new worlds in search of a way home."

Mutant Leap

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Death of X is such an uninspiring title. It sounds like a placeholder put there until they figure out who will be dying.

Maybe this research money could save them:

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
they killed FF they will kill x-men.

Wish they didn't kill OML tho :(

Also, this is a general question, has there ever been a Big 2 book about a villain that was good? they keep trying and it's never good. Remember DC's Villain month? (I will not accept Loki: AoA as an answer because he is not a villain he is "THE CRIME THAT WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN") There are like 6 "villain" books, like I am curious as too what the Thanos book looks like but I have been burned by books like this before.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

trashbuilder posted:

Also, this is a general question, has there ever been a Big 2 book about a villain that was good? they keep trying and it's never good. Remember DC's Villain month? (I will not accept Loki: AoA as an answer because he is not a villain he is "THE CRIME THAT WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN") There are like 6 "villain" books, like I am curious as too what the Thanos book looks like but I have been burned by books like this before.

Suicide Squad?

Does former villains count? Because Scarlet Spider was great.

Actually Superior Foes of Spider-Man too.

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Edit: Honestly, the list can just go on.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

ImpAtom posted:

Suicide Squad?

Does former villains count? Because Scarlet Spider was great.

Actually Superior Foes of Spider-Man too.

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Forgot about Superior Foes. And SS was great but not really a "villain"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The Thanos mini at the beginning of Annihilation was good, if that counts. Superior Foes of Spider-Man was one of the more critically acclaimed Spider-Titles to come out recently. Superior Spider-Man is divisive but some people claim it's some of the best reinvention of the character work done in recent memory. Did people like Illuminati? People liked the various Carnage minis right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

trashbuilder posted:

Sinestro

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

trashbuilder posted:

Carnage is really good so far. It's up there with Vision as one of my favorite current Marvel ongoings

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Death of X is about the X-Men no longer being X-Men. Now they're just men. As in humans, but ones who happen to have superpowers.

Now they must struggle to fit into a world that's doesn't really have any strong biases for or against them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So now they're Ex-Mutants?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

ImpAtom posted:

Uh this was literally the plot of Exiles.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm a fan of the original Thanos Quest lead up to Infinity Gauntlet. Claremont's work on Magneto's origin and Nazi hunting days were also good, but mostly scattered one shots throughout his main X-Men books.

Osborne's Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers I loved, but I think some people were not as big a fan of Dark Reign.

Can't think of any other full ongoing outside of Superior Foes that was actually about a bad guy, not a slightly darker or funnier hero, that's memorable.

e: UDON Taskmaster is good fun as well. And Taskmaster in the Initiative and Academy.

Mover fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 11, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Books missing from that image that are currently still ongoing

A-Force
Agents of SHIELD
All New All Different Avengers
All New Wolverine
All New Inhumans
All New X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Astonishing Ant-Man
Carnage
Drax
Extraordinary X-Men
Guardians of Infinity*
Howard The Duck*
Hyperion*
International Iron Man
Karnak
Mockingbird
New Avengers
Nighthawk
Old Man Logan
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Spidey
Star Wars
Star Wars: Darth Vader
Uncanny X-Men
Vote Loki
X-Men '92

* = Books that I know for a fact are ending. Not sure about others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Kind of irritated that Ultimates is rebooting without Rocafort, he's been amazing on that book. And I am generally against new #1s for no reason.

I also cannot bring myself to believe that Marvel has suffered enough of a head injury that they would scrap 3 x-books, '92, and both Wolverine books in order to make room for Slapstick, Foolkiller, and Solo. There has to be some separate X-event around the same time, maybe an Age of Apocalypse style thing or whatever. Especially since as mentioned, Death of X is a flashback.

• Locked thread