Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
A lot of books with Black Cat hanging out in them lately.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm actually really happy she's around and doing stuff on her own (I'd even totally be down for a Black Cat solo series). I'm just surprised she's become everyone's goto "mob/organized crime bad person".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

#WAYTOCOMPLETELYDATEYOURCOMICS

Marvel and DC are not very good about this. Something you just have to live with.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

X-O posted:

Even if he's more serious than before now it's still by a good writer. Waid will do just fine as Waid always does.

Except for his lovely Hulk run.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I enjoyed that run.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrProsek posted:

A lot of books with Black Cat hanging out in them lately.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm actually really happy she's around and doing stuff on her own (I'd even totally be down for a Black Cat solo series). I'm just surprised she's become everyone's goto "mob/organized crime bad person".

I'm ok with it mostly because the Silk team have made her pretty 3-dimensional about it. Both in her motivations and in how she acts. The whole arc with Felicia rescuing the Goblin Nation kids and curing them was great.

"There is no street"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Could they priming her for being in Homecoming? Black Cat in a film would make me very happy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rhyno posted:

Can't wait to see what G.W.E.N.P.O.O.L. stands for.

Girl With Enemies Now Presides Over Organized Losers

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The P is for pandering.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

That's not as fun as I'd hoped.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rhyno posted:

That's not as fun as I'd hoped.

Gweniffied Woman Entered Nasty Paramilitary Organization, Obtained Leadership

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I really really hope this ends with Richard and Jessie patrolling the stars in some kinda buddy space cop story.

I might get Slapstick too if they finally give him his old personality back. There's no way in hell his characterization since Civil War 1 could carry a solo book so I have some hope.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 12, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

How is Robbie Reyes not a member of the Champions? 😞

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Medusa should pick someone other than Natalie Dormer to style her hair after.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Codependent Poster posted:

Medusa should pick someone other than Natalie Dormer to style her hair after.

I think it's actually a pretty neat idea for an Inhuman whose whole superpower is her amazing hair having to live, at least temporarily, with essentially no powers. It's an interesting way to remove a hero's powers except without having to contrive a way to depower them knowing that there'll be an equally contrived way to repower them eventually. The hair'll grow back, but Medusa'll have to live without for a while. It's a cool hook, in my opinion.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are still married right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maximus shaved off Medusa's hair in the Jenkins/Lee Inhumans series and she was still able to control it despite it being removed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm calling that someone thinks they've easily won over the Inhumans with her powerless, then she headbutts them and the stubble sheers off their face.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Squizzle posted:

He's busy forming the All-New New Fantastic 4.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Toxxupation posted:

Girl Who Every Nerd Prefers Over Other Ladies

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've seen some people complaining about Marvel Now 2 about how "casual" comic readers will be confused on what to buy and all this stuff, but do casual comic reads exist anymore, outside of little kids who just buy a cool looking Spider-Man or Batman comic.

Most people buying comics are like us, way to invested in it and follow what's new and finding out characters and creative teams we want to follow. We'll be going to our LCS and telling what they want on their pull lists and so on.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Should I give a poo poo about any of these new no name writers?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I've seen some people complaining about Marvel Now 2 about how "casual" comic readers will be confused on what to buy and all this stuff, but do casual comic reads exist anymore, outside of little kids who just buy a cool looking Spider-Man or Batman comic.

Most people buying comics are like us, way to invested in it and follow what's new and finding out characters and creative teams we want to follow. We'll be going to our LCS and telling what they want on their pull lists and so on.

No.

Even if they did, what's confusing about a #1 comic? That's like the least confusing possible thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are still married right?

Right now, yes, but Bendis' statement about her relationships changing in the new series is certainly supposed to make you at least think that may change.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Ms. Marvel noooo you had such awesome hair before :(

e: Also, are you trying to steal an apple that someone else is already eating? Don't be gross, Kamala.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 12, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
To be fair she can just make her hair look however she wants it to look, right? :v:

Also, who are those people on the cover? Other than Kamala and Hulk I literally only recognize Silk.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Finding Namor is maybe my favorite comic story title now.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Which ones are the lovely no-name writers and which are the established writers? I feel like I've heard of most of the people getting Marvel books but maybe you've been busy shitposting and haven't heard of Ta-Nehesi Coates or Al Ewing or Mark Waid, so I want to be sure who you've never heard of and are too lazy to Google before I post anything.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 12, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Walt so if the new Nova series is gonna be about finding Rider then what's happening to Sam? :ohdear:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Walt so if the new Nova series is gonna be about finding Rider then what's happening to Sam? :ohdear:

He's probably finding Rider.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

He's in Champions? Like right on the cover?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Alucard Nacirema posted:

None of them are that new, or in fact "no-name." The big new names on this list as far as I can tell are Zac Gorman, who's been in webcomics for a while; Ed Brisson, who's got a bunch of Image work under his belt; Jeremy Whitley, who's got a pretty successful indie book called Princeless; and Nicole Perlman, who wrote the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Most everyone else has already been working at Marvel.

BrianWilly posted:

Also, who are those people on the cover? Other than Kamala and Hulk I literally only recognize Silk.

I suspect the dude in front of Kamala is Jake Oh, a former SHIELD agent who's part of Greg Pak's personal Introduce More Asian Characters initiative, and who was most recently seen in Pak's War Machine run. I also wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the turtleneck is Jimmy Woo from Agents of ATLAS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Speaking of Perlman, I assume this is the same Gamora book she was announced on over a year ago?

Plus still no sign of Daughter of Blade.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

He's in Champions? Like right on the cover?

Oh yeah, forgot. Still it'll be a shame for him to lose his own book.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think that Nova Sam both had a good run on the book and the solo sorta ran out of ideas of what to do with him, recycling his daddy issues for basically every single arc of the book (including when it switched creative teams). Also I don't think this is necessarily the same thing as if they immediately brought back Steve Rogers and eliminated Sam Wilson's solo or did the same thing with Peter Parker/Miles Morales, because Nova's always been a position that more than one person is ostensibly supposed to hold.

Also I think unlike Nova Richard Ryder Sam's more compelling on a teamup than a solo book. I really like Sam Alexander but unike Rich he doesn't have enough character traits to anchor a solo just yet and either way works better when he's bouncing off other people. I mean, his solo was good, just nowhere near as good as Nova's solo under Abnett and Lanning, and I'd really appreciate it if Rich came back. It's been three years, we need more than one Nova.

Also I really hope the end to Sam looking for his dad is Jesse Alexander being dead, mostly because I find Jesse to be a spectacularly lovely dude and I really want Sam to be defined in some context other then "really wants his dad back".

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Toxxupation posted:

I think that Nova Sam both had a good run on the book and the solo sorta ran out of ideas of what to do with him, recycling his daddy issues for basically every single arc of the book (including when it switched creative teams). Also I don't think this is necessarily the same thing as if they immediately brought back Steve Rogers and eliminated Sam Wilson's solo or did the same thing with Peter Parker/Miles Morales, because Nova's always been a position that more than one person is ostensibly supposed to hold.

Also I think unlike Nova Richard Ryder Sam's more compelling on a teamup than a solo book. I really like Sam Alexander but unike Rich he doesn't have enough character traits to anchor a solo just yet and either way works better when he's bouncing off other people. I mean, his solo was good, just nowhere near as good as Nova's solo under Abnett and Lanning, and I'd really appreciate it if Rich came back. It's been three years, we need more than one Nova.

Also I really hope the end to Sam looking for his dad is Jesse Alexander being dead, mostly because I find Jesse to be a spectacularly lovely dude and I really want Sam to be defined in some context other then "really wants his dad back".
I don't care if Jessie's alive, dead, a skrull, or the new Worldmind, I just want the Nova books to finally do something besides having Sam mope around about his dad being gone while doing a lovely job hiding his identity.
It was fun watching him learn the ropes of heroing, screw up spectacularly, then fix it with his new super buddies. Right now his book is going in the same big endless circle that I got sick of last year.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rhyno posted:

All white people are brothers united by our love of racquetball.

And mayo, don't forget mayo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So excited for Cage.

X-O posted:

More comics.

I keep forgetting Spider-woman's wearing a librarian bondage fetish outfit as a superhero costume now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

You've been part of some really boring bondage if that's what you think it looks like.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm a bit concerned that Spider-Woman's book is going to be worse off without Javier Rodriguez. The dude has been the MVP of every issue he's drawn.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Squizzle posted:

I just realized we haven't seen any kind of Ghost Rider since Secret Wars, have we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lurdiak posted:

Spider-woman's wearing a librarian bondage fetish outfit

What? It's jeans and a jacket. How the gently caress is that fetishy bondage gear?

• Locked thread