Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Ana's hero page is up for the US region https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/ana/

Quick note about the hero page: When you watch the clips, each clip ends with a static tv blurred image of the original photo we thought was Sombra (the masked one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Efexeye posted:

100% exclusively solo queue. i hate myself, obviously

I am 59 now also exclusively solo queueing. You should be able to solo win a game by just holding down lmb with Reinhard and walking forward in the rank 20's from what I have seen in streams.

Runefaust posted:

Quick note about the hero page: When you watch the clips, each clip ends with a static tv blurred image of the original photo we thought was Sombra (the masked one)

I am guessing that will be one of her legendary skins.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, your argument is that "people don't like to control and stun enemies?" because that's hilariously wrong.

Don't mix control and stuns, they are completely different (in the way I am arguing at least). I think people would generally agree in twitch based games to have stuns removed but leave crowd control and headshots in. If that's not the case after someone takes a poll or something I would accept it, but that's my general perception

Let's just say 'non-stun based control' and 'stuns' are two different things

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 12, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The clip makes it look like she heals/hurts about 75 damage a shot, which makes her a better single target healer than Mercy if you can hit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Brannock posted:

Ana has the same model as the Sombra art we saw dude. They just removed the mask to make it clear that she's an old lady.

I bet masked Ana is a skin

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Yeah but what is Grandma's legendary skin going to be? Two eyes? Crazy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I bet masked Ana is a skin

If its anything like the old heroes the mask would be the default.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If its anything like the old heroes the mask would be the default.

I think you'll find that she's the oldest hero.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

whalestory posted:

The nano boost clip on the overwatch site showed reinhardt killing zenyatta, tracer, genji, and symmetra in one hit.. i wonder if that will be accurate

That felt a lot like the HOTS trailers where they show a new hero obliterating teams with low damage abilities because they dragged everyone down to super low health first.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Harlock posted:

Yeah but what is Grandma's legendary skin going to be? Two eyes? Crazy.

Young Ana!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sindai posted:

The clip makes it look like she heals/hurts about 75 damage a shot, which makes her a better single target healer than Mercy if you can hit.

Kind of depends on the rate of fire, ammo use, reload time, etc. Also if there's a reason to scope or if you can just sit on an ally's butt spam clicking them. Quite often healing is going to be about burst throughput, as in can you keep a teammate up while they kill an enemy or two who are currently attacking them.

Also still wondering if healing headshots do anything, or if there's no locational effect. Lots of questions, and it's many hours before I can go home and hit the PTR.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
According to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4si6ie/overwatch_patch_notes_competitive_character/

Along with the Zen buff (200 HP!) and Dva change, they are reworking mercy a bit:

Mercy:
Can now move while ulting
Ult build up rate reduced
Damage Boost on RMB increased

I'm hoping that is a big reduction in ult build up rate.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

Kind of depends on the rate of fire, ammo use, reload time, etc.

RoF appears to be about 1/second, which makes her competitive with Mercy if every shot lands.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

So who's ready for yet another shiny new sniper for pubbies to poo poo up team comps with?

That said, I love that she's some old wizened warrior type. That kind of character design is cool as poo poo. I just hope her "go to sleep" is a rare ult and not something that'll come up frequently.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

According to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4si6ie/overwatch_patch_notes_competitive_character/

Along with the Zen buff (200 HP!) and Dva change, they are reworking mercy a bit:

Mercy:
Can now move while ulting
Ult build up rate reduced
Damage Boost on RMB increased

I'm hoping that is a big reduction in ult build up rate.

that is a massive buff to Mercy

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's nice. I was expecting only 175 for Zen.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

PureRok posted:

Young Ana!

You're probably right, and that's kind of disappointing. Badass grandma isn't exactly a well represented character type, and if they add in a young sexy option that will nearly become the defacto character design, because it's all that the creepy fandom will focus on. :sigh:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Efexeye posted:

Ya, the reduction time will probably be like 10-20% but moving while ulting is crazy since that is when she typically dies

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

I just hope her "go to sleep" is a rare ult and not something that'll come up frequently.
It's not her ult, but it breaks on damage so it's not that strong.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Beekeeping and You posted:

The new title is appropriate and i appreciate it

Ana isn't a grandma though.

Where are the grandchildren, Fareeha? Why haven't you found a nice man yet? You're not dating an omnic, are you?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope Blizz stays away from giving characters different kits for all the reasons everyone else has said. While I enjoyed the different weapons in TF2 OW doesn't feel like it would mesh as well with a system like that. More characters, Blizz!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sindai posted:

It's not her ult, but it breaks on damage so it's not that strong.

oh you sweet summer child

(mind you it's blizzard so it probably has a very short duration, and THAT'S why it won't be very strong, but no, removing someone from the game for a while is a very strong ability on principle)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you can pretty much see how all her skills work in their entirety here
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/ana/

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Efexeye posted:

Yeah, what the hell. Hey, here's that character that practically defines high-level play, let's give her some buffs because.

Is this really what Blizzard's balance efforts are like?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Verranicus posted:

I hope Blizz stays away from giving characters different kits for all the reasons everyone else has said. While I enjoyed the different weapons in TF2 OW doesn't feel like it would mesh as well with a system like that. More characters, Blizz!

Considering that each character is another pile of loot crates to dig through I don't think you have to worry about it. Blizzard is happy for people to continue to buy dozens of sprays to finally get that one skin they want. Adding weapons to existing characters doesn't encourage you to buy buy buy!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

BobTheJanitor posted:

You're probably right, and that's kind of disappointing. Badass grandma isn't exactly a well represented character type, and if they add in a young sexy option that will nearly become the defacto character design, because it's all that the creepy fandom will focus on. :sigh:

:sigh: What a loving... disaster. How terrible. :sigh: :sigh: This cruel, gently caressing corrupt world full of cReEpAzOiDs we live in. :sympathy:

:sadwave:

:suicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Don't mix control and stuns, they are completely different (in the way I am arguing at least). I think people would generally agree in twitch based games to have stuns removed but leave crowd control and headshots in. If that's not the case after someone takes a poll or something I would accept it, but that's my general perception

Let's just say 'non-stun based control' and 'stuns' are two different things

If people really hated stuns then you'd have people campaigning to have Reinheart removed from the game between his pin and his ult.

Being able to lock down an enemy without killing them for a time period is a perfectly valid thing in a game where multiple characters have quick instant escapes. You may not like being unable to move for a period of time but it is something the game is designed around.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, what the hell. Hey, here's that character that practically defines high-level play, let's give her some buffs because.

if the ult change is significant enough it could still easily be a huge nerf, without numbers it's impossible to tell

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kai Tave posted:

I'm betting the ult charge time is now worse than Lucio's. That's the only way this makes sense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I fully expect Mercy's ult to get utterly insanely large charge times. Even doubling her charge time would probably be reasonable considering how fast it comes up.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Theres no change they can make to the diva hero that will make her worth picking other than increasing damago

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
When are they gonna release a new tank character that is also a sniper?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

strong bird posted:

Theres no change they can make to the diva hero that will make her worth picking other than increasing damago

Its a really bad change they landed on. I'd have been happy with just removing the movement penalty while firing. Now she'll just be a walking E button

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

While her skills are certainly interesting, do we really need to have another god drat sniper?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Not sure I like having the shoot to heal thing on a sniper, it would've been nicer on some assault class. Something like the medic in Evolve, where you shoot projectiles like Zarya's M2 that heal allies.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mercury Crusader posted:

When are they gonna release a new tank character that is also a sniper?
If you aren't sniping with Reinhardt, you're not playing correctly

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

voltron lion force posted:

Its a really bad change they landed on. I'd have been happy with just removing the movement penalty while firing. Now she'll just be a walking E button

it's always better to undershoot / go for incremental balance changes

first because a tiny change is sometimes all it takes to rocket a character into viability even when you'd least expect it (although arguably sometimes is the result of a change in perception and not just balance)

second because overshooting and then having to dial it back makes you look like an idiot and upsets people who were enjoying the new thing

strong bird
May 12, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

While her skills are certainly interesting, do we really need to have another god drat sniper?

There's only one sniper in this game right now.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Jesus Christ, TWO shotgun guys? What were Blizzard Entertainment Ltd. thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I fully expect Mercy's ult to get utterly insanely large charge times. Even doubling her charge time would probably be reasonable considering how fast it comes up.

Eh, most people think of the super ults where a Mercy zoomed in out of nowhere and plopped an entire team back on the point to win the match, but realistically you have to wait a long time for those situations to come up anyway. I've played plenty of Mercy and while, yes, your ult does come up pretty quickly, most of the time you're only looking at ressing one, maaaaaaaybe two people if you're lucky. And situations where they do something useful and don't just immediately get mowed down again by the enemy are even rarer. I don't think this change will have much of an effect, outside of making bad Mercys who hung on to their ult the entire match waiting for that awesome PotG moment even worse.