Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why didn't Fang do this during the primary?

He works for the intercept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

GalacticAcid posted:

I guarantee that does not happen.

dunno man, i'm just going off of his intense antipathy towards black people

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Also, in the least-shocking news, a bipartisan senate report just released details about how information and infrastructure initally collected/built to rally support for Israeli/Palestinian peace funded by grants secured by the State Dept. was later used to support the campaign to defeat Netanyahu.

So it was used for its intended purpose? Gosh :geno:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Also, in the least-shocking news, a bipartisan senate report just released details about how information and infrastructure initally collected/built to rally support for Israeli/Palestinian peace funded by grants secured by the State Dept. was later used to support the campaign to defeat Netanyahu.

Sounds like it was used for the stated purpose, albeit unsuccessfully.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Sir Tonk posted:

Pictured: Joe Biden staring at his Corvette.

Biden seems more like an IROC-Z kinda guy.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

How could I forget Joe Biden? Shame on me.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

emdash posted:

oh holy crap, the HA Goodman fountain springs anew

https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR/status/752894378494918657

Where is this poo poo coming from? :psyduck:

Bernie was clearly withholding his endorsement as part of a larger set of negotiation over platform planks, cabinet positions, etc. How is this not plainly obvious to everyone on the planet?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tatsuta Age posted:

Biden seems more like an IROC-Z kinda guy.

Onion Biden is less classy than reality (he owns a 67 Stingray I think).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did anyone know if there's a blm protest in Atlanta tonight, or how to find out? I know the pretests usually block the highway but I have tickets to a thing in Chastain Park coming from Alabama, so I want to plan accordingly

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/752917245098135553

this is excellent news!!! for donald!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Bernie was clearly withholding his endorsement as part of a larger set of negotiation over platform planks, cabinet positions, etc. How is this not plainly obvious to everyone on the planet?

I see you're not familiar with noted Denier of Reality, H.A. Goodman.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

greatn posted:

Did anyone know if there's a blm protest in Atlanta tonight, or how to find out? I know the pretests usually block the highway but I have tickets to a thing in Chastain Park coming from Alabama, so I want to plan accordingly

They haven't been blocking the interstate til relatively late at night anyway, but also I think they've made progress between the mayors office and the protesters lately. People seem to think it won't happen tonight, or will be significantly dialed back from previous nights.

Either way, they won't go on 20 (they've been blocking the connector right at downtown instead), so you should be fine getting to and from Alabama.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

readingatwork posted:

HA Goodman is an unreconstructed Paultard so it's no surprise he has a penchant for conspiracy theories about the man keeping his guy down

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Isn't Clinton winning men in that poll a sign it's probably a bit of an outlier, itself?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The New York Times published a Gerry Adams op-ed today on "Brexit and Irish Unity," a very powerful troll move given that it's Orangemen's Day

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

readingatwork posted:

yeah, as was his right to do as someone who made a drat good run for a total dark horse, and a victory for the left in america, if not what some people probably hoped for.

all in all there is not all that much to mad about, besides being mad at a system that favors candidates like hillary, but that is an entire other issue.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

readingatwork posted:

I listened to the local political radio show today and everyone who called in was saying that Clinton obviously threatened Sanders and is manipulating him into endorsing her because everyone knows she's bought and paid for by banks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No but you see, if you didn't favor Hillary from the outset and wanted the party to move to the left then you're a stupid berniebro or bernout, or whatever other stupid label can be applied. Did you know Bernie Sanders was a racist and a sexist?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

greatn posted:

I have not seen anything about planned actions for tonight, but if you want to look later in the day you can search #ATLisready on facebook or twitter and probably find out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

readingatwork posted:

HA Goodman was a hardcore libertarian up until this election.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

zoux posted:

HA Goodman was a hardcore libertarian up until this election.

HA Goodman is pretty clearly a crazy person.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

"There is no proof anywhere for this claim" is not 'you're wrong'. (which would actually require being defended)

it's a way to push the burden of argument on the other person, to provide affirmative proof via a study or something of what they are saying before you will even consider the point being made. Not exactly fodder for encouraging discussion; at best, it encourages a cite war.

EDIT: I think cite wars are worthless

The argument that protecting fat people against discrimination would increase obesity is ridiculous on its face. I wasn't asking for a citation. There is no citation.

I wasn't shifting the burden of proof. There is no proof.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

readingatwork posted:

He's not getting veto power over her cabinet positions.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR/status/752914175626579968

*insert Monty Python "only a flesh wound" comment ad infinitum until head explodes.*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

HA Goodman is pretty clearly a crazy person.

I said he was a libertarian.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Night10194 posted:

Isn't Clinton winning men in that poll a sign it's probably a bit of an outlier, itself?

not necessarily, there was another recent one with trump only winning married men 65+

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tatsuta Age posted:

They haven't been blocking the interstate til relatively late at night anyway, but also I think they've made progress between the mayors office and the protesters lately. People seem to think it won't happen tonight, or will be significantly dialed back from previous nights.

Either way, they won't go on 20 (they've been blocking the connector right at downtown instead), so you should be fine getting to and from Alabama.

Hopefully they and/or the police are being safety-conscious. :3:

tldr: big signs, people ahead of the protest carrying them (and reflective / lit poo poo at night), procedures for letting emergency vehicles through

All of which the police do if they can be bothered but bigger, flashier, and taxpayer-funded. :v:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

It would be nice to see some of the media people who melted down about Sanders never endorsing Clinton show some accountability and eat poo poo.

Seriously this. He wanted there to be a buldup and a bit of spectacle, and so what. This has ensured Hillary will be President. But good luck at seeing the WaPo ever taking back its bullshit of Matt Yglesias.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/752919641891213312

What's Grayson's angle here, just to piss everyone off?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh poo poo he's going insane*

https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR/status/752920727649648640

*er

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Oh lol, get hosed Greenies. Its nice to see hippies crying.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this guy is pretty great i am rooting for him!

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh lol, get hosed Greenies. Its nice to see hippies crying.

I don't like hippie-bashing beyond the totally out there, like anti-vaxxers and the like. And in this case it's not even necessary, as several have pointed out he's a libertarian conspiracy-leaning nutcase.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/abuaardvark/status/752918109896466432

this new pokemon game is weird

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He's not getting veto power over her cabinet positions.

I never said he would?

It's more like he'll get someone he likes in as secretary of education or something, not unilateral veto power.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

readingatwork posted:

I never said he would?

It's more like he'll get someone he likes in as secretary of education or something, not unilateral veto power.

That's not likely to happen either.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A propos of nothing but my favorite moment of this entire primary season was forums poster Mr Hootington posting a pic of "BBQ" from a GOP event in Iowa and it looked like a piece of utter poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

readingatwork posted:

I never said he would?

He'll be lucky if they give him back VA if the Dems take the Senate. He wants HELP, but that ain't happening.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Edit: This thread moves too fast :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GalacticAcid posted:

A propos of nothing but my favorite moment of this entire primary season was forums poster Mr Hootington posting a pic of "BBQ" from a GOP event in Iowa and it looked like a piece of utter poo poo.
I had managed to block that out but it's all rushing to me. Oh god.

• Locked thread