Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Seaside Loafer posted:

Whens the result, is it like soon today?

The magic of twitter has shown us nobody ever has a clue about anything

quote:

18m ago
19:09
Hang on, maybe this won’t take quite as long as we anticipated.

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/752923150422306816

Then again, four crates of sandwiches have now been taken into Labour HQ in the last half an hour apparently.

So the result is soon, or maybe not soon at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Seaside Loafer posted:

I've been programming computers all day and the previous night, a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' would be appreciated :) I dont think even a coked up pissflaps could induce 500 pages.

:derp:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I've got to say it's p impressive how the Tory party probably permanently loving the economy because they all hate each other has somehow unified them and caused the Labour Party to implode

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Seaside Loafer posted:

I've been programming computers all day and the previous night, a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' would be appreciated :) I dont think even a coked up pissflaps could induce 500 pages.
Just a bunch of rumours so far, but my favourites have been Corbyn becoming the world's oldest surly sixth former and refusing to leave the room when asked, and Tom Watson getting off his fat arse for the first time in his tenure to roam around the building threatening anyone who might vote Corbyn.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seaside Loafer posted:

Whens the result, is it like soon today?

Supposedly imminently and could be settled with a coin toss. The vote on whether it not it should be a secret ballot when 17-15 in favour of secret ballots.

Also, Angela Eagle's wife is a Corbynite lmao.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/752932647920435200

Crick seems to actually know what the gently caress is going on so this will be true.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Seaside Loafer posted:

Labour has turned into the Star Citizen of political parties.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Why is Tom Watson such a prick and why did nobody throw him out for blatantly not supporting his leader? Like he was making really obvious anti-Corbyn tweets at one point.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

ukle posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/752932647920435200

Crick seems to actually know what the gently caress is going on so this will be true.

He posted incorrect things just two hours ago.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Supposedly imminently and could be settled with a coin toss. The vote on whether it not it should be a secret ballot when 17-15 in favour of secret ballots.

Given that the people who want to knife Corbyn are the ones who would want a secret ballot (so we don't loving lynch them as a result), that's not a great sign.

Edit: presumably the names of the people who voted to vote secretly aren't themselves a secret, right?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

XMNN posted:

I've got to say it's p impressive how the Tory party probably permanently loving the economy because they all hate each other has somehow unified them and caused the Labour Party to implode

It's more like the opposite, Labour's constant sniping and infighting has made the Tories' lives significantly easier and let them clean house. And now we have a PM who won't be held responsible for the Leave result (she didn't campaign for it and her predecessor held the referendum), and Labour are happily pointing the finger at their own leader and saying BREXIT IS CORBYN'S FAULT

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Why is Tom Watson such a prick and why did nobody throw him out for blatantly not supporting his leader? Like he was making really obvious anti-Corbyn tweets at one point.

Because if being a prick and not supporting the leader were grounds for dismissal we would have had to sack half the PLP at this point.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Given that the people who want to knife Corbyn are the ones who would want a secret ballot (so we don't loving lynch them as a result), that's not a great sign.

Edit: presumably the names of the people who voted to vote secretly aren't themselves a secret, right?

Not necessarily. Considering Angela Eagle's office got bricked today, there may be those who are inclined to side with Corbyn but don't want to see their colleagues targeted by his more zealous supporters.

Knifing Labour Party leaders is kind of Watson's thing. We weren't complaining when it was Blair he was taking down though.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Watson was given a lot of slack because he lead the charge against Murdoch and helped boot out Blair. Didn't Brown Moses confirm Watson has an SA account too to follow his threads?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tom Watson: Permanent Shadow Minister for Brutality.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Because if being a prick and not supporting the leader were grounds for dismissal we would have had to sack half the PLP at this point.

Still not seeing the problem with this methodology.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Verizian posted:

Watson was given a lot of slack because he lead the charge against Murdoch and helped boot out Blair. Didn't Brown Moses confirm Watson has an SA account too to follow his threads?

What if he's reading the thread right now :tinfoil:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Tom Watson being a goon is the least surprising news out of the UK in weeks.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

He was alright for about a week, then the the Leon Brittan thing happened and the famous attack dog lost his bollocks.

Him suddenly positioning himself as organizer and orchestrator of the coup once everyone else had already made up their minds is the most pathetic part of this whole situation.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Verizian posted:

...pissflaps?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Still not seeing the problem with this methodology.

Well I mean logistically it's a little hard for the minority to chuck out the majority.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

baka kaba posted:

It's more like the opposite, Labour's constant sniping and infighting has made the Tories' lives significantly easier and let them clean house. And now we have a PM who won't be held responsible for the Leave result (she didn't campaign for it and her predecessor held the referendum), and Labour are happily pointing the finger at their own leader and saying BREXIT IS CORBYN'S FAULT

Corbs is taking the Leadsom approach, article 50 asap and drat the consequences. May wants to delay until she has a plan or whatever. So Labour is pivoting for the UKIP vote while the Tories are looking for a way out of the mess they made that won't blow up the economy.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Corbyn is being allowed to vote, which considering there's 33 members and 1 is sick, means that we might well see a dead heat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not So Fast posted:

What if he's reading the thread right now :tinfoil:

Yer a prick Tommy.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Verizian posted:

Pissflaps identity confirmed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Berious posted:

Corbs is taking the Leadsom approach, article 50 asap and drat the consequences. May wants to delay until she has a plan or whatever. So Labour is pivoting for the UKIP vote while the Tories are looking for a way out of the mess they made that won't blow up the economy.

Difference being that I can actually see Corbyn led Labour making a drat concerted effort towards building a functional economy out of the EU.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Suddenly it all comes into focus.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
I supported Scottish Independence in the referendum, but I was honestly in two minds about doing so in the future because I believed Corbyn could reform Labour into an actual Left leaning if not fully Left wing party that would provide real opposition and an alternative to the Tories, something I didn't see happening back in 2014. If he goes like this that doubt will be gone from my mind and Labour can get to gently caress.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Just imagine if Watson becomes Prime Minister.

"Mr Speaker, a most pressing question has come to light, and it's one in which the British public deserves answers: does the Prime Minister have stairs in his house?"

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
CORBSTER ON BALLOT!

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/craigawoodhouse/status/752937413757038596

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Lord of the Llamas posted:

CORBSTER ON BALLOT!

Yep, by 4 votes.

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/752937377849573376

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jizz all over my keyboard.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/752937526332129280

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
oh good we get to watch our hopes die in a much slower and more painful fashion

this will at least be more entertaining, which is about as much as i've got left to hope for at this point

e: 56%. That's a decisive majority, I'll have you know

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
loving fantastic news

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

18-14 is a lot less close than I expected.

Also, :getin: it's loving DEMOLITION TIME CHALLENGERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

WELCOME TO THE SPACE JAM.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
o ye of little faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
thank gently caress

• Locked thread