Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Macaluso posted:

Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

:aaa:

:getin: :dva: :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

No Safe Word posted:

D.Va not being hit by her explosion is actually really awesome
Holy poo poo, yes. Plus a cost decrease and shorter delay? It got a lot better, suddenly

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Andrast posted:

Mercy resurrect charge time only increased by 30%

I wonder if her auto-regen is going to count for the new self-healing ult charge or not.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Players can now enter numerical values for any option that also has slider (e.g. FoV, volume, sensitivity, etc.)

Mouse sensitivity can now be adjusted out to two decimals

This is the only change that matters

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

flatluigi posted:

Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds

This owns. D.Va's ult was really stupid and easy to avoid unless you were retarded.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Oh no, now only 3 seconds to duck behind a lamp post or road curb

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Currently at work but can the new character be played today in the PTR?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
No self-damage on her ult breaks my immersion. Thanks Blizz.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

They didn't mention Mei, Reaper or Tracer's ults being adjusted to account for self-healing

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

Yes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Papercut posted:

Oh I thought it was the opposite. drat that really sucks, wtf. It's not like his ult is that great to begin with.

You've got to read the whole thing:

quote:

General

Self-healing abilities now charge ultimate abilities. As a result, some heroes’ ultimate costs have been adjusted (see below).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Vermain posted:

I wonder if her auto-regen is going to count for the new self-healing ult charge or not.

Since she's the only one of those characters who got an explanatory paragraph, it seems like even if it does, her ult charge time will be increased overall.

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah Moonmoon just took Ana into the test range on the PTR.

e: Catch up, Cowcaster! You're way behind :P

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I am slow and this thread is fast.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Some initial Ana Facts:
  • 200 HP, all of it plain white Health.
  • Cannot headshot.
  • Her rifle works similarly to Widowmaker's, but the primary fire unscoped is a single-shot dart rifle. Darts appear to be hitscan in both scoped and unscoped modes (PTR is currently wigging out with its ping, so it's hard to tell for sure).
  • Healing/damage happen over a short duration of about 0.5s, rather than instantly.
  • Biotic Grenade heals for 100 HP in a relatively small radius and provides a healing buff for about 3-4s. Ana can self-heal with the grenade. Has a 10s cooldown.
  • Her sleep gun is a projectile weapon with a short windup before firing on a 12s cooldown and puts people to sleep for around 6s. Any damage instantly interrupts the effect.
  • Her ultimate lasts for roughly 10s. I don't have any friends online so I can't test exact numbers for it.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Hipfiring is not hitscan; scoped is. Or should be, anyway.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
How are people bad at Mercy.

Click on the hurt people. Not the Reinhardt who has his shield up. Like the ones with 30 HP pleading with you to save them :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder if tumblr shippers will be deterred by Ana being an old lady. Maybe they will just ship with her young skin.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
ANA AMARI WHEN

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Can Genji reflect Ana's shot into a teammate and make it a heal?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like those DVa changes a lot. 1 second off and personal immunity to Self-Destruct are huge, and the Defense Matrix change sounds neat.

I just wish she had a self-heal now, because I know I'll never get another competent healer in quick play with a ~support sniper~ in the mix. At least it's easy to boost to medkits

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here's all of Ana's unique (250+ yencoin) skins.

Wadjet (1000)

Wasteland (1000)

Captain Amari (1000)

Horace (1000)

Merciful (250)

Shrike (250)

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
PTR brawl is all Ana, probably will be on live too.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
With Ana's grenade temporarily stopping healing, does it stop a rez of the target?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mackers posted:

How are people bad at Mercy.

Click on the hurt people. Not the Reinhardt who has his shield up. Like the ones with 30 HP pleading with you to save them :(

As a personal bad-at-Mercy, I can tell you that people can definitely be bad at Mercy. Also it doesn't always make sense to save people, sometimes you need to stay back so you can rush in for the big res.

Although two days ago I had a Mercy in a comp match who pissed me off SO MUCH. I'm S76 and have this Genji down to a sliver of health but I'm also at a sliver of health. I'm running back and see my Mercy doing nothing, oh okay no problem I don't need to go for the health pack, Mercy will get me. Tell her on voice chat to heal me. Turn around to finish off the Genji and nope, one shuriken later I'm dead. Kill Cam comes up, I see my Mercy behind me trying to pistol the Genji instead of healing my S76. WTF Mercy.

e: That Merciful Ana skin is awesome.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did any of the other heroes get new skins/emotes/highlight intros/etc or are we still waiting for Blizzcon to deliver that

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Kehveli posted:

Huh, that's actually a pretty good idea. Maybe it will shave off some of the inevitable new character insta-lock problem that would otherwise be every quickplay match for the next week.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

Soldier: 76

Heavy Pulse Rifle
Spread recovery will begin after a short delay (rather than instantly)

:eyepop:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vermain posted:

Here's all of Ana's unique (250+ yencoin) skins.

drat those all look dope as hell.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
PTR trip report:

-Ana owns. She is super fun to play and is a huge buff to the team. On the flip side if someone gets close to you, you are dead. She has absolutely zero mobility. Cooldown on the sleep dart is 12 or 14 seconds. Heal Debuff grenade is pretty fast, 6 seconds I think.

-Zenyatta is a beast now thanks to projectile speed increase. I was decimating everything with him. He will definitely be picked more often now.

-Dva is super fun to play now thanks to the defense matrix change and her ult is much better and useful.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kehveli posted:

Someone on the official boards suggested they do this for every new character a while ago and Kaplan replied "good idea."

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Zarya & new D.Va is the new killer combo. You heard it here first.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Glad they are giving Zen 200 HP so now I can pick him in comp without feeling like I'm throwing.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Papercut posted:

Tell her on voice chat to heal me.

Please press Z instead of doing this. The icon is very useful.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

After playing a couple games as Ana on the PTR she really feels like she needs some sort of mobility. Maybe climbing or something? She doesn't have a button for grappling hook, which I think would be best, but who knows.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Yeah--this seems huge! Between this and the McCree range boost it looks like maybe I'll be able to pick McCree (who I like a lot more) as my Pharah counter from now on.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

BobTheJanitor posted:

Considering that each character is another pile of loot crates to dig through I don't think you have to worry about it. Blizzard is happy for people to continue to buy dozens of sprays to finally get that one skin they want. Adding weapons to existing characters doesn't encourage you to buy buy buy!

Fine by me. I never spend money on F2P games.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Self-Destruct
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds

Jesus Christ

I hope that makes it into the next official update
I mean I love playing her already on KOTH maps. This would loving rule.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

holy poo poo, Ana looks so fun

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Anyone have reports on the new 21:9 ratio support? Does it give you a wider FOV than the default 16:9 or just truncate the top and bottom of the screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Giving 33% more hp to Zenyatta is nice, but I still wish they had taken a look at his M2. He's the only hero with a downright unusable alt-fire (who has one). McCree's is pretty garbage now, but it's still sometimes usable.