Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When I woke up this morning, there were 230,000 shares outstanding in the Bernie endorsement market, and it was priced at 89 cents.

With the official endorsement in and the market effectively over, the number of outstanding shares is now at 234,000 lol. That means the Bern Outs largely did not sell their positions, they rode it to the bitter, bitter end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Arkane posted:

When I woke up this morning, there were 230,000 shares outstanding in the Bernie endorsement market, and it was priced at 89 cents.

With the official endorsement in and the market effectively over, the number of outstanding shares is now at 234,000 lol. That means the Bern Outs largely did not sell their positions, they rode it to the bitter, bitter end.

Couldn't have happened to more deserving assholes. Really, though, since that was probably the last money they had after losing almost everything else, why not risk it all?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I don't want to put salt on the wound, but that poo poo was hilarious. The endorsement rally was happening and shares were still at 92c.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Arkane posted:

Sorry for asking a very dumb question, but how can you tell they didn't sell? How many shares would there have been if they had sold?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FourLeaf posted:

Sorry for asking a very dumb question, but how can you tell they didn't sell? How many shares would there have been if they had sold?

'Outstanding shares' is how many active 'contracts' there are. They can be destroyed by two betters selling on both sides of the market, say in this case 'yes' selling at .95 with a corresponding 'no' selling at .05. The dollar that was used to initially create the contract is then used to settle both parties. If everyone had cleared out of the market there would have been zero outstanding shares.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
However, I don't see how it's proof there were an asston of Bernies. Plenty of people would decline to sell yes at .97, .98, or .99 because they knew it would resolve to 1.0 so there would be no way to kill those outstanding shares, correct?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

So there's a "chart" tab on the main page of linked markets. Mind. Blown.

This is really cool.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Michael Scott posted:

However, I don't see how it's proof there were an asston of Bernies. Plenty of people would decline to sell yes at .97, .98, or .99 because they knew it would resolve to 1.0 so there would be no way to kill those outstanding shares, correct?

Correct. Both parties have to agree on a price.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

You can tell which side is refusing to sell by seeing how many offers there are on either side, right?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Yo: https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/752955749953921026?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/752958582769881089

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
BUT WAIT!!! https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/752959585254866944

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/752967275297275904

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Gingrich is bottle rocketing but still under .50

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lol if u bet on believing you can read trump's mind though

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hmm, yes. Fox wouldn't want to tarnish their sterling reputation.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Gyges posted:

Hmm, yes. Fox wouldn't want to tarnish their sterling reputation.

They play decent lip service to it. If you're an active declared candidate they generally won't have you as a talking head. (Publicly considering a run, however, is A-OK to stay on board)
This is the strongest Pro-Newt wormsign yet.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Gingrich is bottle rocketing but still under .50

I bought 1000 shares back at 15c and sold at 20c just prior to the rush. So bitter right now.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Hey necco I'm holding onto these dws.no shares even though they're down to 8c now. Is that spite or pragmatism? I honestly can't tell.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I don't think you give a drat about D-team workings so I'm gonna go with pragmatism.

I can't read your heart's true feelings though ~~~

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Is anyone buying Pence Yes at 55-60? I've got a rough NO position (thought he would peak at like 15...) but it seems like it's him so I'm considering biting the bullet and selling NOs. But on the other hand, that's the same as buying YES and I'm not sure I'd buy YES at 58.

Edit: If Clinton picks Perez or Brown I'll be happy though. Much bigger position in DVP, and sold a chunk of my Perez shares in the high 20s the other day so I'm already in the black there. Unless Clinton picks Warren or Castro. Kaine will be a wash.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Is anyone buying Pence Yes at 55-60? I've got a rough NO position (thought he would peak at like 15...) but it seems like it's him so I'm considering biting the bullet and selling NOs. But on the other hand, that's the same as buying YES and I'm not sure I'd buy YES at 58.

Edit: If Clinton picks Perez or Brown I'll be happy though. Much bigger position in DVP, and sold a chunk of my Perez shares in the high 20s the other day so I'm already in the black there. Unless Clinton picks Warren or Castro. Kaine will be a wash.

I keep thinking the market is running out of time for me to do another massive buy/sell on swings this week, but it's happened twice a day every day, so who knows.

My big money winning positions in RVP are Newt, Pence, Flynn/Christie, in that order, but will probably change 10 more times today
Only Kaine nets me anything real on the D side - anyone else I'm just a bit down over there

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Fox and Newt just ended their contract yesterday, citing suddenly caring about employing a potential VP pick. At around the same time Trump made it clear the pick would be announced on Friday.

Which means that :newt: is the most likely to be picked. Remembering that things are still left up to Trump's "good brain" to finalize things, so anything could still happen.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trump is meeting with Pence, Gingrich, and Christie in Indiana to tell them he has picked Rick Scott.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Necc0 posted:

I don't think you give a drat about D-team workings so I'm gonna go with pragmatism.

I can't read your heart's true feelings though ~~~

Haha sorry man, drunk posted last night about my eight hundo loss there.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

EngineerSean posted:

loving Huffington Post

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

EngineerSean posted:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I feel better about my babby $100, you'll make back that 8 in no time flat bud.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm actually even this week because i made money betting on polls. I also max bet rvpwoman.no and that looks like it's gonna pay off.

Edit: also really hoping it's Gingrich or Christie

EngineerSean has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Jul 13, 2016

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
fundraising #s coming in a week from today (I think the 20th?) - the Johnson market still seems way out of whack: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2239/What-will-Gary-Johnson's-monthly-fundraising-be-for-June

73/77c bid/ask for >$1M... He raised $350K last month

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

Trump is meeting with Pence, Gingrich, and Christie in Indiana to tell them he has picked Rick Scott.

one time baby one time

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, there was a story yesterday(?) about DWS basically getting to sit and stew until November as a sop to Obama, but her actual DNC-related responsibilities are farmed out to a Clinton lackey--with several repeated statements to the effect of that the heat was off her to be removed or to step down.

So, yeah. I still have some shares that will recoup my losses if a miracle happens, but I exited out of that market.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
It's Trump-Pence. I'll make a few dollars getting in at $0.87

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I'll make more dollars getting in at 0.13 and waiting for Trump's ego to make him change his mind at the last minute to prove the media wrong, what we in the biz call the Vince Russo Gambit.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I actually chose to get out at .92 because Trump is insane. Nothing matters.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I stopped paying attention for like 18 hours, anyone know why PEREZ.DVP16 is down?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
I bought like 100 shares of gingrich for VP @ 5 cents because I assume there is a high chance that Trump is trolling national republicans. The market is up to 11 cents a share now. Clearly I wasn't the only one who thought that.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
You and me both. Tomorrow is going to be fun.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
You haven't sold them yet?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Johnson 8% NO for 7/31 is at 66 at the moment. Unless he gets another pair of 10s during the RNC and DNC this market is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Michael Scott posted:

You haven't sold them yet?

I sold them at 18 and then rebought them at ten. Lotta mini swings.

• Locked thread