Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

strong bird posted:

Amazing symbolism in having a skin for an Arab character be the literal Sand People from the Star Wars series of films

this except giving the chinese character an ability that's literally building a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
now that its been revealed to me, a s76 'fire 4 shots, release, repeat' macro would have been pretty cool to use. i guess you can still do that but the timing is different and far less effective...

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Yeah this

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well this is a thing of beauty.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

this except giving the chinese character an ability that's literally building a wall

:aaaaa:

It's also pretty good at keeping pesky Reapers out.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
PTR

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

teagone posted:

Just saw a nano boosted dragonblade on Moonmoon's stream. Lmao, it's insane.
yeah jesus that was ridiculous

This is going to make ultimates whose power is balanced by leaving them vulnerable much more dangerous. McCree, Pharah, Forgot, etc. gently caress, I don't want to even imagine Winston, he's going to be a nightmare

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Does Defense Matrix eat flamestrikes? I know it works against Symm RMB orbs.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The new hero's animations look like they were made by a 5th grade animation class somewhere

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NmareBfly posted:

As a general rule it eats anything that Genji can also deflect. So it can't eat beams, and probably can eat flamestrike.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How the hell do I convince my friend that Hanzo sucks and he's holding us back? He uses Hanzo on attack every single game, and most of the time on defense as well.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

RCarr posted:

How the hell do I convince my friend that Hanzo sucks and he's holding us back? He uses Hanzo on attack every single game, and most of the time on defense as well.

Sever.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RCarr posted:

Tell him he sucks at playing Hanzo?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

NmareBfly posted:

Pretty sure it does. It seems to just eat anything that's in the air. This includes all of junkrats stuff except his ult.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Hey friend, the other team is using X, Y counters them and I think you'd be good at that, would you like to switch?"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Rick posted:

"Hey friend, the other team is using X, Y counters them and I think you'd be good at that, would you like to switch?"

"Hanzo counters everything"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RCarr posted:

Hanzo's actually pretty good, your friend is just bad at hanzo.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I searched tumblr for Ana and it was like "hey buddy.... you eating? Here's some crisis hotlines."

I forgot that name has different weight elsewhere.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
i hanzo main

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So Ana has a particularly low stance when she's aiming so her head is quite hard to hit for most people.

Her sleep dart has a travel speed, so you have to be good at aiming it, which is a good thing, Her Biotic Grenade is also cool and underused so far.

Zenyatta also feels really good now.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How much DPS would a nano buffed, mercy buffed Reinhardt do per swing? Hell, he might one shot people with his flame strike like that.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Her Biotic Grenade is also cool and underused so far.

Its only been, like, an hour.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

KoB posted:

Its only been, like, an hour.

Yeah but literally nobody uses it. You wanna get those sick Ana plays use it, because nobody else is at the moment :D

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
biotic grenading a bitch rear end tracer in the face is my favorite thing to do now. Bitch you better hope you have recall cause you are not running away to pick up healthpacks anymore. :laugh:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
So Mercy's ult takes like one minute to charge if the character you're healing is taking moderate damage. And it's only getting nerfed to like 120 seconds in return for an instant mobile ultimate and a 20% damage buff to her boost gun.

Can someone confirm if her self heal also boosts ult charge?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

See an ulting winston, sleep dart him! When an enemy gets hit with a sleep dart, do they have a momentum based face plant animation? Because that would be amazing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Good changes, maybe Zen won't be complete trash now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
For people who want to test the PTR changes in an actual game situation rather than teams which have 3 Anas and 2 Dvas, I'm going to be running my nightly inhouse games on the PTR this week (not tonight, but every other night), so stop by that thread this week if you want to give it a shot. Make sure to install the PTR ahead of time, of course.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Does Reaper's ghost form clear debuffs? IE, will getting hit by Ana's grenade stop him from picking up health packs if he nopes away from the fight?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
They gave Zen 200 health and shields but didn't readjust Widow's damage back to pre-nerf levels? If I can't nail the initial headshot it looks like double tapping is now the name of the game for her.

I guess Grandma is the way to go now.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Countblanc posted:

For people who want to test the PTR changes in an actual game situation rather than teams which have 3 Anas and 2 Dvas, I'm going to be running my nightly inhouse games on the PTR this week (not tonight, but every other night), so stop by that thread this week if you want to give it a shot. Make sure to install the PTR ahead of time, of course.

Is the PTR really that bad? I mean I know I called it earlier but I was hoping I'd be wrong.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Boogle posted:

They gave Zen 200 health and shields but didn't readjust Widow's damage back to pre-nerf levels? If I can't nail the initial headshot it looks like double tapping is now the name of the game for her.

Well they buffed Mercy's damage amp so if they gave Widow her 150 damage bodyshots back it'd be >200 damage bodyshots which would be stupid.

Verranicus posted:

Is the PTR really that bad? I mean I know I called it earlier but I was hoping I'd be wrong.

I've only played a bit and it's a crapshoot. Some games are fine and others are what I described. Which is fine, that's the whole purpose of the PTR, but yeah.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm wondering how Ana will fare on KotH (I mean a legit KotH match, not the wacky brawls going on right now), because on one hand a lot of those maps aren't sniper-friendly, but on the other hand she has the power to nullify Lucio's AOE for a few seconds.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm wondering how Ana will fare on KotH (I mean a legit KotH match, not the wacky brawls going on right now), because on one hand a lot of those maps aren't sniper-friendly, but on the other hand she has the power to nullify Lucio's AOE for a few seconds.

Like Widowmaker, she'll probably be decent on certain maps (Nepal Temple, for example) and garbage on others (all of Lijiang).

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
If you think about it, Ana has less of a chance of being useless compared to a poo poo Widow. If she's sniping enemies, her misses might end up healing an ally!

Though i bet you'll get a few Ana players pissed off that they accidentally healed an ally that stepped in front of a kill shot. The audacity.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Boogle posted:

To be fair, Zenyatta is still one of the least mobile characters in the game, so he's also one of the easiest to headshot.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

How much DPS would a nano buffed, mercy buffed Reinhardt do per swing? Hell, he might one shot people with his flame strike like that.

if the video demos on bllizzard's website are anything to go by he 1 shots a symmetra so maybe 2.5x damage?

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Dear Blizzard, I have an idea for a hero. It is McCree's arm, Junkrat's arm, Torbjorn's arm, Junkrat's leg, Ana's eye, and Reinhardt's eye, all grafted to a sausage made from Genji's old body.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
LOL

They're getting rid of hero stacking?

Screw the League of Legends/Dota 2 players wanting to turn this SHOOTER into their new moba.

I feel that getting rid of hero stacking will hamper the dynamism of this game and create more conflict between team members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

demota posted:

Dear Blizzard, I have an idea for a hero. It is McCree's arm, Junkrat's arm, Torbjorn's arm, Junkrat's leg, Ana's eye, and Reinhardt's eye, all grafted to a sausage made from Genji's old body.

so this guy

except with 3 arms and a pegleg

...i'm down