Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:nws:
http://imgur.com/gallery/GOOal

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOal

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/RudyHavenstein/status/751465948415160320

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The perfect crime. They both die and there's no murder weapon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Knew that gif reminded me of something:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Knew that gif reminded me of something:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

http://i.imgur.com/q2vzpY4.gifv

:stare:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I see someone rolled a natural 20 on his Jump check.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

That's a whole lot of fisting.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Karate Bastard posted:

That's a whole lot of fisting.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fisting?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Good bye history

see ya science

and farewell math.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

If someone had access to the video this clip came from, and if said video continued focusing on the downed boxer for at least a few seconds, I think a bit of content-aware scaling starting from the last punch would be pretty appropriate. Alternately, some sort of scrambling effect that pulses on the first two punches, then goes to complete color snow on the third, would look good.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sam Faust posted:

Good bye history

see ya science

and farewell math.

I recorded the correct sequence of loss a year ago.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I thought that gif looked familiar.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It sort of looks like a more muscular Jerry Seinfeld.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Could anyone help me with an avatar? I've got a big paycheck coming in a couple days and I'd like to treat myself.

This can be cropped, flipped, etc. Basically I was just hoping for some wavy fire effect in there. That sort of thing is not a strength of mine, and I know some of y'all are really great at this.

I'll gladly toss a forums upgrade to you if you can make this look good.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Could anyone help me with an avatar? I've got a big paycheck coming in a couple days and I'd like to treat myself.

This can be cropped, flipped, etc. Basically I was just hoping for some wavy fire effect in there. That sort of thing is not a strength of mine, and I know some of y'all are really great at this.

Whaddya think of this?

If you like it use it but don't worry about any kind of forum upgrade for me. I'm due for a ban.

edit: forgot to optimize to get it below 100k

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Jul 12, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Interesting, I hadn't thought about replacing the fire altogether!

Could you crop this a little bit further to the right, so his nose isn't as close to the edge of the frame?

edit: and something about the framerate is bothering me a little. I can't tell if I want it to be slower or faster... thoughts?

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Jul 12, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Interesting, I hadn't thought about replacing the fire altogether!

Could you crop this a little bit further to the right, so his nose isn't as close to the edge of the frame?

how's this

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, that's perfect for the framing.

Would it be difficult to make variants that run slightly slower or slightly faster? I'm trying to figure out what's bugging me about it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Yeah, that's perfect for the framing.

Would it be difficult to make variants that run slightly slower or slightly faster? I'm trying to figure out what's bugging me about it.

Sure. Here's slightly slower and slightly faster.

The tricky part about a gif animation is finding one that loops well. There's also a 100kb file size restriction to avs so you're also limited to a handful of frames to accomplish the loop.

I won't be offended if you just hold onto these and see if someone else can do it better.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I really appreciate it, elsa! I've got a few days until my freelance money comes in, so if anyone else wants to take a crack at it I certainly wouldn't mind, but those are all pretty solid!

I've also got to think of the perfect av-text, and decide whether I wanna gang tag myself.

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Jul 12, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
here's a different flame animation that looks nicer but has a stutter that I couldn't solve.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Well it's not a gif, but I gave it a bit of a goku hair and I really think that's a direction you should explore.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elsa posted:

here's a different flame animation that looks nicer but has a stutter that I couldn't solve.

Just do a 3-5 frame dissolve back to frame 1, it'll be passable.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bring back old gbs posted:

Just do a 3-5 frame dissolve back to frame 1, it'll be passable.

I'm not familiar with this technique, do you have a link to a tutorial or such?

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

sooooooo, what's plan B?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Daktari posted:

sooooooo, what's plan B?

Pull up at the last second and land on the next tower instead?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elsa posted:

I'm not familiar with this technique, do you have a link to a tutorial or such?

Nah but by dissolve I just meant adjusting the opacity/transparency with an offset copy of your animation underneath, so you're fading the last few frames of your .gif over the first few. It makes the gif a few frames shorter which helps filesize as well. I took a look at your gif and the jump frame is actually in the middle and your start/end frames loop pretty nicely, thats strange:

You can see where its fading over itself which bugs some people more than a jump cut, it's just a preference really.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bring back old gbs posted:

Nah but by dissolve I just meant adjusting the opacity/transparency with an offset copy of your animation underneath, so you're fading the last few frames of your .gif over the first few. It makes the gif a few frames shorter which helps filesize as well. I took a look at your gif and the jump frame is actually in the middle and your start/end frames loop pretty nicely, thats strange:

You can see where its fading over itself which bugs some people more than a jump cut, it's just a preference really.

well drat, walla

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ok, where is this from?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, where is this from?

Police Squad!

Adbot