Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Tortuga posted:

I just realized we haven't seen any kind of Ghost Rider since Secret Wars, have we?

Franklin Richards does not care about Ghost Riders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Lurdiak posted:

So excited for Cage.

I keep forgetting Spider-woman's wearing a librarian bondage fetish outfit as a superhero costume now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's like a more dynamic version of Quicksilver's current fast-forward arrow logo. A fast-:boom:ward, if you will.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

No.

Even if they did, what's confusing about a #1 comic? That's like the least confusing possible thing.

I feel like people talking about this are just concern trolling.

I'm sure that was a catalyst for this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Squizzle posted:

You've been part of some really boring bondage if that's what you think it looks like.

Pretty sure he's from Canada so it's lot of "Ohh soorry eh? I didn't mean to give yoo thoose marks on yoor butt."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like people talking about this are just concern trolling.

I'm sure that was a catalyst for this

It was the final appearance of her old costume so you're probably onto something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Pretty sure he's from Canada so it's lot of "Ohh soorry eh? I didn't mean to give yoo thoose marks on yoor butt."

He must be from Alberta or something, becuase in Toronto that would be considered conservative street wear in Toronto.

SilverSupernova posted:

It was the final appearance of her old costume so you're probably onto something.

Yea, and I love the meta thing about the women making fun of their revealing costumes. At some point someones going to have to ask Wanda "seriously, whats up with that head thing? And a pink body suit over a read one piece? Did Daredevil pick out that costume?"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 12, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I don't like constant renumbering because it trades immediate new customer simplicity for longer term confusion. When you are scrolling through Marvel Unlimited and there's five books called X-Men with <12 issues in the past 3 years or whatever it's dumb.

I do appreciate the new Avengers book being called Avengers and not All New All Different Avengers Now Again New. But I see no reason to renumber Ultimates as Ultimates Squared if it's the same team and the same writer.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I don't like constant renumbering because it trades immediate new customer simplicity for longer term confusion. When you are scrolling through Marvel Unlimited and there's five books called X-Men with <12 issues in the past 3 years or whatever it's dumb.

I do appreciate the new Avengers book being called Avengers and not All New All Different Avengers Now Again New. But I see no reason to renumber Ultimates as Ultimates Squared if it's the same team and the same writer.

ANADANAN doo-doo-doo-doo-doo ANANDAN do-do-do-do ANADANAN do-do etc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always find new #1s to be good because you can refer to someone by going "oh [writer]'s run on [character] is something you'd like, read [character] #1 20XX" last year with ANAD where some titles got a new #1 when they had the exact same title with a new #1 on the same year is the only time that was actually bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's pros and cons to both approaches, but this hypothetical New Reader Walking Into A Comic Store is not going to be confused by "Amazing Spider-Ham and his Furry Friends #1" when trying to decide what to buy.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Endless Mike posted:

There's pros and cons to both approaches, but this hypothetical New Reader Walking Into A Comic Store is not going to be confused by "Amazing Spider-Ham and his Furry Friends #1" when trying to decide what to buy.

What's there to be confused about? I'd buy ten copies of that.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

He must be from Alberta or something, becuase in Toronto that would be considered conservative street wear in Toronto.

Heck, in Toronto it'd be considered conservative street wear for a Newfie in Saskatoon!

i dont actually know much about canada

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/752939781684797440

Oh, Hickman. :allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GodDAMN I want that Bobby and Sam book.

And ARMEGEDDOOM.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

some amazing trolls in here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need that lockjaw and black bolt book in my life

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The sexual reawakening of Old Aunt May is clearly the most important thing there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I'm a bit concerned that Spider-Woman's book is going to be worse off without Javier Rodriguez. The dude has been the MVP of every issue he's drawn.

Don't get me wrong, Rodriguez is amazing and his layouts have been 65% of the reason that book's so good, but Veronica Fish is not exactly chopped liver. Her work on Archie has been great.

The best part is the one or two that actually sound like realistic pitches. And the contrast with the absurd ones, like actually finishing SHIELD? Good one, Jon!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Thunderbolts: Planet Hell sounds like the perfect mix of "not a joke entry" and "thing I would buy in a heartbeat"

whereas Punisher The Purge is probably the best totally a joke thing I would buy in a second.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Everybody knows that it's a just a Dredd The Purge book with the number filed off.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Wait, Punisher: The Purge isn't real?

It's so lazy that it practically writes itself!

How has it taken this long?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Confirmed by the writers of the books, Amazing Spider-Man, Extraordinary X-Men, Old Man Logan, and All New Wolverine will all be continuing. No surprises there really.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Now we just e

X-O posted:

Confirmed by the writers of the books, Amazing Spider-Man, Extraordinary X-Men, Old Man Logan, and All New Wolverine will all be continuing. No surprises there really.

All-New Xmen too, since Hopeless said on Twitter he was plotting for issue 14.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

X-O posted:

Now I just need confirmation X-Men '92 is coming back and I'll be all set on my X-Mens.

Uncanny and All-New I could go either way on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DrProsek posted:

Now I just need confirmation X-Men '92 is coming back and I'll be all set on my X-Mens.

The writers did an interview with CBR last week where they talked about some of their plans for upcoming arcs, so I'd imagine it's staying.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

JoshTheStampede posted:

I like what DC started doing with their trades and just naming books "Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire", "Flash By Mark Waid", "Flash by Geoff Johns". It's way less confusing and solves the problem with so many #1 issues. Either that or start labeling everything by season like Ultimates Season One, Ultimates Season Two but again that might discourage new readers from jumping on.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I love Ultimates², because it's the weirdest homage to the original Ultimates, which went 13 issues then moved on to Ultimates 2.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

X-O posted:

The writers did an interview with CBR last week where they talked about some of their plans for upcoming arcs, so I'd imagine it's staying.

:tipshat:

I was pretty sure none of the X-Men books were going away anyway, but since people started putting on their tin foil hats, X-Men '92 was the only book I could see maybe going away. I really doubted Marvel was going to kick off Marvel Now, in the face of a resurgent DC, by cancelling some of their top selling books and just hoping the Deadpool Mercs spin offs would pick up the slack.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But don't you see?! Inhumans have like two books, X-Men are dead!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Marvel has released the spoiler everyone guessed for Civil War II #3 Hawkeye kills Bruce Banner

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

Marvel has released the spoiler everyone guessed for Civil War II #3 Hawkeye kills Bruce Banner

Well copies have been in retailer hands for 14 hours now so it was bound to slip out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dacap posted:

NYDailyNews posted:

"Fans may be outraged, and there are probably ‘Hawkeye’ writers who I'm very good friends with who will also be offended," said Brian Michael Bendis,

hm.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

That's taking the character being a luckless gently caress up a smidge too far.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'd absolutely buy that that dude would do the thing that he's predicted to do.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SirDan3k posted:

That's taking the character being a luckless gently caress up a smidge too far.

Not really so much a gently caress up when he's asked to do it by the person he's doing it to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's not a horrible issue but it completely contradicts what's going on in Totally Awesome Hulk and and I'm eager to see how they reconcile that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I find myself not caring. Civil War II hasn't been an actual story so far, it's just a series of events leading nowhere, for no reason, about nothing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It's not a horrible issue but it completely contradicts what's going on in Totally Awesome Hulk and and I'm eager to see how they reconcile that.

Well honestly that's on the writer of the tie-in to make his book work with the event. I'm sure he will because I'm sure he had plenty of advance notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

X-O posted:

Not really so much a gently caress up when he's asked to do it by the person he's doing it to.

And kickstart the actual war part of the Civil War.

That's a fuckup.

• Locked thread