Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

The Joe Man posted:

You're lucky; all I've been getting are the loud, whiny fat 12yr olds.

I was still bottom fragging that Swedish game

Also I have other maps checked besides Dust II and Mirage. I promise!

E- Oops. Wrong Game! Should be right now.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is it possible to have a dot with a different thickness of the rest of your reticle?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

One win and one draw got me back up to MG1 after my rank decay so hopefully it won't take long to get back into MGE.

Reverand maynard posted:

is it possible to have a dot with a different thickness of the rest of your reticle?

Don't use a dot

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Got dragged into playing an MM game for the first time in like 2-3 months, bunch of Polish kids just toggle wallhacks after going down 0-6. Ended up losing 14-16. All prime accounts with decent hours, their profile mostly clean of cheater accusations, valuable inventories. But the demo shows it clear as day. Quite depressing.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Jeza posted:

Got dragged into playing an MM game for the first time in like 2-3 months, bunch of Polish kids just toggle wallhacks after going down 0-6. Ended up losing 14-16. All prime accounts with decent hours, their profile mostly clean of cheater accusations, valuable inventories. But the demo shows it clear as day. Quite depressing.

At least once the next VAC wave hits, it'll take them forever to be eligible for Prime again on a different account. Then if they do it again, they can't switch the phone number over until 6 months later.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
All this rank decay talk is making me want to try MM again. Haven't touched MM since... last September maybe, so I'm probably Silver 1 by now :v:

Smol fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 12, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Smol posted:

All this rank decay talk is making me want to try it again. Haven't touched MM since... last September maybe, so I'm probably Silver 1 by now :v:

Well everyone's ranks were recalculated sometime in December when the median rank was brought down from MGE (iirc) to Nova 2 so you might well be.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Rank decay will bring you down 3 ranks. The skill of the players there is still relatively the same, so enjoy your frustrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Audax posted:

Rank decay will bring you down 3 ranks. The skill of the players there is still relatively the same, so enjoy your frustrations.

If you wait long enough it can be way more than 3 ranks my dude

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't use a dot

This is a lie. I get all of my one taps/deags because of the dot.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Wow. I've been back into MM and was matched up vs. one guy (and apparently his friends) over the course of 3 games. I got really salty and added him to my vacban list the first game, but the second game I chatted him up after my team started raging at him. I thought I was just playing vs a better player. He said he was in a 4-queue and asked if I could join since I was topfragging all three games.

Never got a chance to play with him.
Fucker and his friends got a vac ban two days ago. Prime my rear end.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

A TURGID FATSO posted:

This is a lie. I get all of my one taps/deags because of the dot.

But do they talk about your one taps?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't use a dot

Only use a dot

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

garfu had the same experience last night, everyone had valuable inventories and still cheated

stump collector
May 28, 2007
also, use a dot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Use a hollowed out dot

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Use a dry erase marker dot on your monitor.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Had a match with a guy named I HAVE WALLS who... had walls. He even spammed about having it to the other team.

Too bad he sucked and was a major sperglord.

Audax posted:

Wow. I've been back into MM and was matched up vs. one guy (and apparently his friends) over the course of 3 games. I got really salty and added him to my vacban list the first game

Does 'blocking' someone on steam add them to a personal ban list so you don't get them again in a game?

Getting to prime matchmaking as a new player is pretty grueling since the game stops you from making more than a tiny bit of xp after giving you a massive boost for a rank.

ded fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 12, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Rosh posted:

But do they talk about your one taps?

Well, yeah. Who do you think it was that taught ScreaM everything that he knows?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Well, yeah. Who do you think it was that taught ScreaM everything that he knows?

About hair care?

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Scream and Shox really just need to take their hair and start a boy band already.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

exethan posted:

garfu had the same experience last night, everyone had valuable inventories and still cheated

Clean, filled out profiles. Large inventories. 1k+ hours. Lots of groups, lots of friends. Legit sounding comments posted to their profile about being good by other people.

After observing the demo... all 3 of them had poo poo crosshair placement and movement and just walled the gently caress out of everyone the whole game.

I even told my teammates they were way better than us and there was nothing we could do and I only suspected one person of cheating on one of the kills. We ended up winning 16-14 somehow, the rest of my team was really surprised. I played like poo poo but I now know it's because I was getting cheated on the whole game.

Woooo prime

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Does face it work for you better

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just played some Office because of the blitz mission and holy poo poo I love running around the map with a Mac 10 pretending it's call of duty

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Splyce signed Machinegun, AcilioN, and CRUC1AL, so now their roster is composed of an American, a Canadian, a Mongolian, a Dane, and a Dutchman.

This sounds like the set-up to a bad joke.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

OTOH it is pretty cool that eSports orgs now have the clout to just pick up players from around the world, and that faith in multi-nation teams is probably at an all time high. CRUC1AL has been bumming around the UK scene forever, and that's pretty much a backwater. I imagine it's pretty lovely in Mongolia too.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy gently caress that splyce roster looks like dogshit, its literally picking up foriegn players for the sake of it, otherwise it looks like an fpl team if it was including players from around the world rather than a regional thing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

OTOH it is pretty cool that eSports orgs now have the clout to just pick up players from around the world, and that faith in multi-nation teams is probably at an all time high. CRUC1AL has been bumming around the UK scene forever, and that's pretty much a backwater. I imagine it's pretty lovely in Mongolia too.

Well yeah, I'm not saying that multinational teams are bad; my favorite team is FaZe after all. I just find it funny that each player is a different nationality. I don't ever recall that happening in GO before.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

Well yeah, I'm not saying that multinational teams are bad; my favorite team is FaZe after all. I just find it funny that each player is a different nationality. I don't ever recall that happening in GO before.

Yeah it's not common, there's usually 2 from one place. I think TCM-Gaming in 2013 was briefly Guardian, shox, cLy, stavros, and strux1 (Slovakia, France, Turkey, Greece, Germany). In fairness, 3 of them were living in Germany, but they spoke English in comms iirc.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Also in your pro CS report: Tarik and pita stepped down from CLG, while Renegades signed Rickeh. Apparently, though, they're signing to a new organization after the ELEAGUE Last Chance Qualifier. I do wonder where they're going, since they've done nothing significant since bombing out of Cologne 2015.

e: Rumor has it they're signing to Evil Geniuses, but I doubt EG would sign Renegades of all teams.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 12, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Garfu posted:

Clean, filled out profiles. Large inventories. 1k+ hours. Lots of groups, lots of friends. Legit sounding comments posted to their profile about being good by other people.

After observing the demo... all 3 of them had poo poo crosshair placement and movement and just walled the gently caress out of everyone the whole game.

I even told my teammates they were way better than us and there was nothing we could do and I only suspected one person of cheating on one of the kills. We ended up winning 16-14 somehow, the rest of my team was really surprised. I played like poo poo but I now know it's because I was getting cheated on the whole game.

Woooo prime
I've gotten a wave of emails the last couple months from various project repo/hosting/etc services saying "hey some other sites have been compromised, change your password yo". Maybe there are a bunch of compromised steam accounts, despite two factor? Or maybe there are just a lot of dumb hackers that play cs. Either way, prime is really only going to get better after a ban wave or two. Nothing's stopping them from hacking, just from easily getting their account back once they're banned for hacking.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I love the AWP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrggSegaroM

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Outside of not contesting angles that are already known to be covered by an awp, how do you actually deal with an awp? Is there anything to it but catching them off guard and kill them fast or a good prefire into their dome?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ETvuE-fyCEW-kNrhh-bZPBJ-o8MUD

here's some quality CS: 5 stack of cheaters versus 1 cheater on my team

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Pomp posted:

Outside of not contesting angles that are already known to be covered by an awp, how do you actually deal with an awp? Is there anything to it but catching them off guard and kill them fast or a good prefire into their dome?

Several options. You can flash them. If they're scoped in even lovely flashes are likely to catch them. You can shoulder peek. So that's nudge yourself out slightly but not enough to see them and then sidestep back. They only see your shoulder. Do that till they take the shot then come out and actually fight. They're unlikely to catch your arm as you move sideways and back. You can also use a light weapon to come out very fast and if you're moving laterally there's a chance they will just miss the flick to you. You can also just smoke them off. Whatever angle you're thinking of just google it and smoke and there will be something easy there to take that angle away. If you're close you can just around the corner. If they have the awp out and are zoomed in they probably won't hit and once they shoot they're dead.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Pomp posted:

Nades. Smoke em out. Flashes to push them out of position and push. Learn how to pop flash, because often times just chucking a random flash in their direction won't do much good.

You can try "shoulder peaking" to bait out a shot, and awp them back while they reload. You have to master the art of peaking so quickly that they won't have time to hit you. If they fell back then you can hold the angle and wait on them.

Also, having a teammate jump across the angle and peaking right after they try to hit him also can work really well. I get picks on mid dust 2 as a CT in MM all the time like this, because at my level all T's try to pick through the door.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Five straight 1st place wins in a row - still Silver 4:

widunder
May 2, 2002
Hi,

I haven't done any desktop gaming for almost a decade. I recently got to play some GO and CS 1.6 at a friend's house and had a blast.

The last time I played CS at home I had a Half-Life CD and the CS mod installed (which I think was version 1.3 at the time). These days I'm on a Mac. Since the Mac gaming thread is archived I thought I'd ask here: will the CS games (1.6, Source, GO etc) that seem to be available for Mac on Steam will be compatible across platforms online, ie will I be able to play against other people who are on a PC platform?

E: seems that GO works as per Wikipedia

widunder fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 13, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
After months of playing two matches a month I am back to gold nova 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

widunder posted:

Hi,

I haven't done any desktop gaming for almost a decade. I recently got to play some GO and CS 1.6 at a friend's house and had a blast.

The last time I played CS at home I had a Half-Life CD and the CS mod installed (which I think was version 1.3 at the time). These days I'm on a Mac. Since the Mac gaming thread is archived I thought I'd ask here: will the CS games (1.6, Source, GO etc) that seem to be available for Mac on Steam will be compatible across platforms online, ie will I be able to play against other people who are on a PC platform?

E: seems that GO is a no go per Wikipedia

yes