Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008

Gunder posted:

No. That entire system is gone.

What possessed them to have it in the first place I wonder. Balance issues are so much less of a problem if your matchmaking actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So how are they making money now?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, I couldn't find any actual ways to buy currency. You'd think that'd be the first thing they slap in their EVOLVE STAGE 2 NO SERIOUSLY WE PROMISE THAT WE THOUGHT IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO GO F2P HA HA ha plan.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Matchmaking really sucks right now. Spending more time having my friends dumped out of lobby for no reason than I am actually playing the gane

Gunder
May 22, 2003

fadam posted:

So how are they making money now?

At the moment, they aren't. I assume that somewhere down the line they'll allow you to buy the in-game currency with actual money, but for now, it's earned exclusively via play.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Gunder posted:

At the moment, they aren't. I assume that somewhere down the line they'll allow you to buy the in-game currency with actual money, but for now, it's earned exclusively via play.

Not attaching any monetization until its out of beta is a smart move. All the complaints about the day 1 DLC (all of which was cosmetic skins) was overblown, but it was a major turn off. At least this time they are focusing on getting a hooked player base before doing the (I assume) cash for Keys. I guess they realized that a game with only a few hundred payers was dead anyway, no harm in waiting a week or two.

Edit: Try to incorporate this statement into a new thread: "Looks like Evolve is the first game where people are wanting to buy the game after it went F2P. GGWP TurtleRock :D"

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 13, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The in-game currency seems insanely grindy. Characters cost around 5k, and a typical match reward is around...50? Most of your income comes from leveling up characters and your main account, but presumably that can't last forever.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
They said that they are working on the match making as a priority. I imagine it'll get fixed by the end of next week if not sooner.!

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

If you are interested in playing this game for more than just a few hours I cant see NOT getting a cheap key someplace.

I mean, paying 10-15$ for a base Evolve key, getting the first three tiers locked and enough keys to unlock 5 more monsters/hunters is like 80% of the game content right there. If you plan on getting that much play out of it.

If TRS has any smarts, they will nip this in the bud and offer a "Founder pack" that gives all the founder poo poo I just mentioned for like 14.99.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
welp being monster is dying within the first two minutes now. ain't no reward roleplaying a pinata

Grognan fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 13, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The additional keys for founders are a really cool gesture, and I own Slim now.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Tenasscity posted:

All the complaints about the day 1 DLC (all of which was cosmetic skins) was overblown, but it was a major turn off.

If you mean back from when the game first launched, it wasn't cosmetic skins, it was that they were charging for more monsters and hunters while launching with too few monsters(too few hunters is debatable) and that they were charging quite a lot(iirc the first pack of hunters was $20bux and the first monster was $15 if you didn't preorder), and their choice of naming the bundles of hunters "Hunting Season Pass" was admittedly witty but also looked a lot like they were misleading people in their deliberate usage of "season pass" on a bundle that didn't provide the sort of deal people recognise as being part of a season pass(pre-purchasing several DLCs released over the coming months).

Voyager I posted:

The in-game currency seems insanely grindy. Characters cost around 5k, and a typical match reward is around...50? Most of your income comes from leveling up characters and your main account, but presumably that can't last forever.

It won't last forever, but presumably by the time you're at a point where grinding for unlocks can't really be considered feasible you'll have a nice little collection of people you're happy playing, and that's probably also the point, they want you to spend money on the game eventually.

Have they said what, if anything, will carry over into the proper f2p release? I can imagine people putting 30 hours into the game and then being really turned off by losing whatever they've unlocked.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

A TRS guy posted on Reddit that doing a rollback would likely go down as well as the stupid pricing did in the first place so they really don't want to do that.

Is it a normal opinion to think Monsters are mostly hosed? I don't think I've even won a round as normal Goliath.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

kater posted:

A TRS guy posted on Reddit that doing a rollback would likely go down as well as the stupid pricing did in the first place so they really don't want to do that.

Is it a normal opinion to think Monsters are mostly hosed? I don't think I've even won a round as normal Goliath.

I'm still getting a decent mix of close games and one-sided shutouts, but I'm also seeing more hunters coordinate to the point where monsters are being constantly being flanked and domed at every opportunity. Rolling around with groups packing fully-upgraded jetpack perks can really make the monster's life hell, and the trapper's 4th ability makes it dead simple to cut them off with an assault running ahead of a chokepoint.

For the next patch I'd like to see the devs rework the trapper's shared ability while continuing to mess with map layouts to give the monster some more options to avoid the hunters besides "run really fast and hope to outpace them at the map corner" or "turn around right after the trapper's ability goes on cooldown and hope no-one sees you." Then again, I still much prefer the current "doming will be inevitable at each stage" gameplay over the frequent "hunters completely lose the monster until stage 3 and then die" rounds of the old game.

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged

kater posted:

I'm sitting on an 80% victory rate for Gorgon, but I think that's because her abilities trade some damage for an extra gently caress you element. Goliath always seemed a bit limited to me, and his attacks are telegraphed from a mile away.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This is how they're making money at the moment

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My only problem with the f2p model is 100% gently caress off with adding in-game power boosts as a sink for the currency.

Don't make players have to choose between being functional in-game or having more characters. Get rid of this perk unlocking poo poo.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I played against a Gorgon who got absolutely poo poo on, Abe's slow nades seemed to bring it to a crawl in a way I haven't seen with any other monster.

Goliath's stuff is very telegraphed but also very effective if they don't have a ton of jetpack fuel for dodges(and if they dodge they usually won't have fuel when skills are off cooldown), if a team spaces themselves out properly it can be hard to do much as a goliath, but you can go balls to the wall at stage 1 and come out on top if you play it smart.

Wraith is the only monster I remember that seemed OP as gently caress during the beta back before launch that still seems really strong against teams that aren't all very competent players.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Voyager I posted:

The periodic challenge pays out ok, its like an hourly that seems to pay out 100-500. Kinda makes the grind seem lax to me.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 13, 2016

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged

lohli posted:

I played against a Gorgon who got absolutely poo poo on, Abe's slow nades seemed to bring it to a crawl in a way I haven't seen with any other monster.

The worst match I had was against Abe and Rogue Val. Between them they kept me poisoned and stasised so there was no hope of getting away. Got utterly trollied at Stage 1.

Still think the Wraith is just slightly too manoeuvrable - especially for a scratch team with no good communication. Monster totally outfoxed our trapper and staged to 3 without us even seeing the bugger. Then we died.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Abe is ridiculously strong with the new survey. However, if you check reddit and the TRS forums it's primarily bad hunters begging for more monster nerfs. It's quite disgusting.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really hope they don't nerf the monster. It's hard enough as it is playing one and you need a ton more map knowledge than the hunters.

The last four games I've played have involved the hunters killing the monster before it even hit stage 2. :(

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

kater posted:

I was going to write some pointers on how to do better with Goliath but then that somehow turned me into writing this big wall of text on how to play monsters:

When you're not in The Fight:

The first thing you need to do is pick a good route to begin with at the start of the game, since eating as much as you can before the hunters land is super important as a monster. Just put as much distance between yourself and the hunters' spawnpoint as possible while eating everything around you.

When the trapper uses planet scan he can see the monster through walls so there's absolutely no point in trying to be stealthy until he scans you for the first time. The trapper will continue to see you through walls roughly until the 'tracked by planet scanner' message goes away on your screen. You can use that to make the trapper see you going one way, then immediately turn around and go the opposite way when he loses vision to bait the hunters into running to the wrong side of the map.

Due to the trapper's wallhacks you will get domed sooner or later, usually sooner. In the old version of Evolve getting domed at stage 1 was super lovely and usually meant you had already lost. But now the monsters are much stronger at stage 1 and the dome works differently. Now the monster losing health shortens the dome time so there's basically a hard limit on how much damage you can take before you are able to escape.

Once the dome runs out you have a minute or so where you get to freely eat and evolve. The hunters can't really do anything to you even if they catch up so there's no real point in using the time to get distance between you and the hunters, it's much more important to just eat as much as you can and, ideally, evolve before the dome is ready again. Getting domed once at stage 1 is not a big deal but getting domed twice starts to hurt.

Don't be scared to evolve near the hunters. Evolving only takes about 10 seconds now and you even get armor from doing it. It is extremely difficult for the hunters to punish you for evolving while the dome is on cooldown.

When you're getting ready for The Fight:

When the hunters are really close to you and you don't think you can keep running anymore, try to get to a place that you would want to fight in. The monster prefers flat terrain, the hunters prefer uneven terrain. Most hunter teams will just run straight into you and dome you as soon as they can regardless of where you are. You can usually just camp a total hunter death trap and they'll still dome you in it.

They will also often be spread out and low on jetpack fuel from trying to catch up with you so turning around and plowing straight into the hunter team before they can dome fucks them. A dumbass hunter that ran straight into you and domed before the rest of their team got there is a free kill.

If you're near a hunter that currently doesn't have line of sight to his teammates you can do a pounce attack to deal damage to them without wasting your abilities.

When you're in The Fight

Try to stick to the same hunter until they go down so they don't get a chance to fill up on fuel. If you just keep attacking the same target over and over again they'll eventually be unable to get away from you or dodge any of your attacks. If you see people just flying around or dodging a lot, it's a good bet they're going to be low on fuel and easy to kill.

If nobody is looking especially vulnerable a good order to attack people in (in order of how easy they are to kill compared to how important they are to the team) is :

1. Support. When the support gets downed they can't deploy shields, making it harder for medics to heal low health targets back up while they're being attacked. If the hunter team has Hank or Sunny you should always try to down them first. If they have one of the less defensive (bad) supports you should go for the medic first.

2. Medic. When the medic is downed every bit of damage you deal is permanent. If the hunters have Lazarus you should kill him first because hunters you down don't get health penalties if they're revived by the lazarus device.

3. Trapper. Most trappers don't really do much inside a dome except annoy you but their lack of any sort of self-sustain often makes them an easy target to kill.

4. Assault. Obviously you would want to kill the assault first, since he is responsible for more than half of the hunter team's entire damage output, but his personal shield makes that extremely difficult to do. It can be good to focus on an assault for a bit in the early stages of a fight to bait them into popping their personal shield then switching targets and going for them again once it's on cooldown.

When you're winning The Fight:

When you down a hunter you want to try to punish the rest of their team for trying to revive. A downed hunter has another health bar that lets him get back up if it's filled up by a medic healing him from range. You want to drain that second health bar by attacking them right after they go down, and them occasionally afterwards, to make sure a ranged revive takes too long to ever go off.

You can also just try to straight up kill them but the downed hunter has a much larger health bar than a living one which makes straight up murdering a hunter a much longer commitment than just downing one, especially if there's still a medic left alive to continuously heal the body and an assault to deal a shitton of damage to you the entire time.

If you somehow manage to take out the assault first then you should definitely just beat on his body until he dies. Killing the assault early generally means you've won, it brings their overall damage output down to borderline unwinnable levels unless you are super low on health already. Just make sure you end the game before he can respawn. Each hunter you kill increases the time they all have to wait until they respawn, if their team is down to their last player you can pounce on them them to stop them from being able to stall until the respawn timer counts down.

When you're losing The Fight

Every time you're trying to get away from the hunters the most important thing is to break line of sight. They can't hit you with their slows if they can't see you. Also, you can see through walls. They can't. Use this to juke around them whenever possible.

Monsters regenerate armor when out of combat. They can be considered 'out of combat' even if they're inside a dome, which means you can regenerate health by hiding in the dome like a dickhead.

Don't give up until you reach stage 3. You've never lost the game until you're dead. A stage 3 monster can wipe out the entire hunter team even if they go in with a single pip on their health bar left. Most hunter teams will continue to just dome you as soon as they can even when they're defending the power relay, meaning that by the time you run out of armor the dome is usually about to come down, letting you fight a war of attrition. Just get armor, go in for the power relay, fight, run back out when you're out of armor, rinse and repeat.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 13, 2016

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really hope they don't nerf the monster. It's hard enough as it is playing one and you need a ton more map knowledge than the hunters.

The last four games I've played have involved the hunters killing the monster before it even hit stage 2. :(

Hopefully the monster nerf cries will die down when people learn their roles well enough to scratch together better teamwork. It's easy to chow down on team that files dutifully into your mouth, but one that breaks out the harpoons and the tranqs and that flipping dog thing can be as hard as nails.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the game changes are ok but I dont think I'll play anymore for now because I just want to loving use all the characters and monsters, and getting keys is just taking too loving long;. Just let me pay 10bux to get everything.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

the game changes are ok but I dont think I'll play anymore for now because I just want to loving use all the characters and monsters, and getting keys is just taking too loving long;. Just let me pay 10bux to get everything.

I got the founders pack on G2A for like $14 and it had everything except for the Gorgon and the hunters that came with the last DLC pack. Coupled with the extra keys they're giving founders it's a good investment if you think you're going to keep playing the game for any length of time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
When retail launched there were cries for hunter and monster nerfs constantly but then TRS released an infographic that showed something like a 49-51 win rate.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
This weekend I'll be up for mumble groups. Either joining Hunter teams or we can 5 man it and I can monster it up.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Bloodmobile posted:

I was going to write some pointers on how to do better with Goliath but then that somehow turned me into writing this big wall of text on how to play monsters:

When you're not in The Fight:

The first thing you need to do is pick a good route to begin with at the start of the game, since eating as much as you can before the hunters land is super important as a monster. Just put as much distance between yourself and the hunters' spawnpoint as possible while eating everything around you.

When the trapper uses planet scan he can see the monster through walls, so there's absolutely no point in trying to be stealthy until he scans you for the first time. The trapper will continue to see you through walls roughly until the 'tracked by planet scanner' message goes away on your screen. You can use that to make the trapper see you going one way, then immediately turn around and go the opposite way when he loses vision to bait the hunters into running to the wrong side of the map.

Due to the trapper's wallhacks, you will get domed sooner or later, usually sooner. In the old version of Evolve getting domed at stage 1 was super lovely and usually meant you had already lost. But now the monsters are much stronger at stage 1 and the dome works differently. Now the monster losing health shortens the dome time so there's basically a hard limit on how much damage you can take before you are able to escape.

Once the dome runs out you have a minute or so where you get to freely eat and evolve. The hunters can't really do anything to you even if they catch up so there's no real point in using the time to get distance between you and the hunters, it's much more important to just eat as much as you can and, ideally, evolve before the dome is ready again. Getting domed once at stage 1 is not a big deal but getting domed twice starts to hurt.

Don't be scared to evolve near the hunters. Evolving only takes about 10 seconds now and you even get armor from doing it. It is extremely difficult for the hunters to punish you for evolving while the dome is on cooldown.

When you're getting ready for The Fight:

When the hunters are really close to you and you don't think you can keep running anymore, try to get to a place that you would want to fight in. The monster prefers flat terrain, the hunters prefer uneven terrain. Most hunter teams will just run straight into you and dome you as soon as they can regardless of where you are. You can usually just camp a total hunter death trap and they'll still dome you in it.

They will also often be spread out and low on jetpack fuel from trying to catch up with you, so turning around and plowing straight into the hunter team before they can dome fucks them. A dumbass hunter that ran straight into you and domed before the rest of their team got there is a free kill.

If you're near a hunter that currently doesn't have line of sight to his teammates you can do a pounce attack to deal damage to them without wasting your abilities.

When you're in The Fight

Try to stick to the same hunter until they go down so they don't get a chance to fill up on fuel. If you just keep attacking the same target over and over again they'll eventually be unable to get away from you or dodge any of your attacks. If you see people just flying around or dodging a lot, it's a good bet they're going to be low on fuel and easy to kill.

If nobody is looking especially vulnerable a good order to attack people in (in order of how easy they are to kill compared to how important they are to the team) is :

1. Support. When the support gets downed they can't deploy shields, making it harder for medics to heal low health targets back up while they're being attacked. If the hunter team has Hank or Sunny you should always try to down them first. If they have one of the less defensive (bad) supports you should go for the medic first.

2. Medic. When the medic is downed every bit of damage you deal is permanent. If the hunters have Lazarus you should kill him first because hunters you down don't get health penalties if they're revived by the lazarus device.

3. Trapper. Most trappers don't really do much inside a dome except annoy you but their lack of any sort of self-sustain often makes them an easy target to kill.

4. Assault. Obviously you would want to kill the assault first, since he is responsible for more than half of the hunter team's entire damage output, but his personal shield makes that extremely difficult to do. It can be good to focus on an assault for a bit in the early stages of a fight to bait them into popping their personal shield, then switching targets and going for them again once it's on cooldown.

When you're winning The Fight:

When you down a hunter you want to try to punish the rest of their team for trying to revive. A downed hunter has another health bar that lets him get back up if it's filled up by a medic healing him from range, so you want to drain that second health bar by attacking them right after they go down, and them occasionally afterwards, to make sure a ranged revive takes too long to ever go off.

You can also just try to straight up kill them, but the downed hunter has a much larger health bar than a living one which makes straight up murdering a hunter a much longer commitment than just downing one, especially if there's still a medic left alive to continuously heal the body and an assault to deal a shitton of damage to you the entire time.

If you somehow manage to take out the assault first then you should definitely just beat on his body until he dies. Killing the assault early generally means you've won, it brings their overall damage output down to borderline unwinnable levels unless you are super low on health already. Just make sure you end the game before he can respawn. Each hunter you kill increases the time they all have to wait until they respawn, if their team is down to their last player you can pounce on them them to stop them from being able to stall until the respawn timer counts down.

When you're losing The Fight

Every time you're trying to get away from the hunters the most important thing is to break line of sight. They can't hit you with their slows if they can't see you. Also, you can see through walls. They can't. Use this to juke around them whenever possible.

Monsters regenerate armor when out of combat. They can be considered 'out of combat' even if they're inside a dome, which means you can regenerate health by hiding in the dome like a dickhead.

Don't give up until you reach stage 3, you've never lost the game until you've died. A stage 3 monster can wipe out the entire hunter team even if they go in with a single pip on their health bar left. Most hunter teams will continue to just dome you as soon as they can even when they're defending the power relay, meaning that by the time you run out of armor the dome is usually about to come down, letting you fight a war of attrition. Just get armor, go in for the power relay, fight, run back out when you're out of armor, rinse and repeat.

I tried your advice and had probably the worst monster game I've ever had :T Though I was playing meteor goliath for the challenge and all the goliaths just seem like total garbage, completely incapable of even making a show of avoiding the hunters. It was also a high level group with Sunny and Lennox and poo poo.

I can't imagine that the game won't end up the exact same way it started out, with monster being impossible at high level. Teamwork will always trump lone wolf

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Mister Bup posted:

I tried your advice and had probably the worst monster game I've ever had :T Though I was playing meteor goliath for the challenge and all the goliaths just seem like total garbage, completely incapable of even making a show of avoiding the hunters. It was also a high level group with Sunny and Lennox and poo poo.

I can't imagine that the game won't end up the exact same way it started out, with monster being impossible at high level. Teamwork will always trump lone wolf

Meteor Goliath is really good against both of those. For Sunny you need to take out her shield drone. Leap Smash/Rock Throw followed up by Charge or Flame Breath take care of it plus starts putting the hurt on Sunny. Isolate her and you can strike her down.

Lennox you need to leap and move, denying her combos. Also her meter resets when you hit her.

When picking your powers try going 3-1 to max out something. I prefer Flame Breath 3 Leap Smash 1 so I can do both ranged attacks and engage hunters in melee. Then I'll max out Leap Smash and buy Charge if the Medic is EMET/Laz/Slim or Rock Throw if the other medics.

As for perks I go armour regen/damage reduction, speed boost and then the ability cool down reduction.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'd love to see the "match favors X/weather/wildlife" options from custom matches as a vote-able setting for normal play. Of course, for that to work the game needs to stop breaking up lobbies after every game.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mister Bup posted:

Yeah, I had a win streak last night but I think it's because most people are bad at the game right now. Sounds like you went up against an actual team instead of four randos. That being said, dont forget to tailor your build toward the hunters you're facing. On meteor Goliath against sunny/Lennox I'd probably focus on rock throw/flame thrower to deal with deployables and keep Lennox at range.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Mister Bup posted:

I have a 93% winrate with Goliath with 43 wins and 3 losses (one of those losses was due to a bug that put me back to the perk selection screen while I was evolving and then into an infinite loading screen, the other 2 were both within my first 15 post-f2p matches). I rarely have an issue with being unable to shake off the hunters, at least for long enough to eat/evolve. With 3 traversal charges and a leap slam that is generally more than enough to at least break line of sight to the hunters. The only time I have problems is when I'm trying to escape uphill, you ideally always want to try to head downhill since you get to go further with each leap.

For reference, my most damaging skill in almost every single game is rock throw. I start with 2 in rock throw, 1 in leap slam and flame breath and then I max out rock throw and leap slam at stage 2. I never level charge at all since it's too easy to avoid and does poor damage even when it hits. I also have the tier 2 and 3 cooldown reduction perks both maxed out, you do a shitload more damage with 30% cdr.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I didn't notice the shield drone around, that's probably what hosed me.

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do with the 12k or so Tairy Tokens I have. I've got basically all the characters I want, the only ones I dont' have that I"m even sort of interested in are Jack and Sunny.

I've got maxed out rocket lord at all three tiers, don't really know what other perks to look at, and not really wanting to spend my keys without knowing what to go for.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Bloodmobile posted:

I also have the tier 2 and 3 cooldown reduction perks both maxed out, you do a shitload more damage with 30% cdr.

What tier 1 do you usually run? I've been doing feed speed/cdr/cdr for every game and it has been working out so far.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
CDR only affects class skills so I don't see it being of much use except for medic and maybe support.

Peach Pusher
Apr 15, 2003

You're Armpit
In the paid for version there was an "extras" option in the main menu that had vidoes on how to use every hunter and monster ability. If those still exist in the F2P version I highly recommend watching all of those.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Nechronic posted:

What tier 1 do you usually run? I've been doing feed speed/cdr/cdr for every game and it has been working out so far.

I've been running the feed speed/smell range one. All of the tier 1 perks give negligible advantages but I find that 20% smell range often gives me a clearer picture of what sort of formation the hunters are chasing me in which can help with jukes sometimes.

e:

Mister Bup posted:

I didn't notice the shield drone around, that's probably what hosed me.

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do with the 12k or so Tairy Tokens I have. I've got basically all the characters I want, the only ones I dont' have that I"m even sort of interested in are Jack and Sunny.

I've got maxed out rocket lord at all three tiers, don't really know what other perks to look at, and not really wanting to spend my keys without knowing what to go for.

Pour one out for another victim of the Rocket man/lord/king trap :(

The pure jetpack recharge boost perks (Lithium/Bohrium Battery) are the ones you really want. Jump height and flight efficiency are both almost completely meaningless stats and you get a very significantly bigger increase of the actually meaningful stat the rocket person perk set gives.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 13, 2016

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Aaaagh. At least they were cheap. It makes more sense though, and lets me take the health recharge perk at tier 1. It's not much, but it's something.

I'm getting into the sweet spot it seems, where teams are good enough I no longer feel the need to clone myself and queue as four, but I can also play monster without feeling totally outgunned.

Playing mostly assault, I've had at least a few games with all of them now. I can't say I feel like any of them are bad, and it's always a struggle to pick which one I want to play this round. Lennox actually manages to be the iffiest choice because the dodgier ones like kraken can give her a really hard time.

She's very feast or famine, either I beat the poo poo out of the monster or I feel like I can't do anything to him.

Parnell and Hyde are probably my most consistent picks. They've got a very clean and intuitive gameplay flow, same with Markov but I don't really like him as much. Torvald is really cool but I feel like he's got the most awkward ability set. They've all got a close range and a long range weapon but Torvald's is the only one where it really feels enforced. Parnell can unload his rocket launcher point blank without any trouble and they can all easily flow between their weapons for consistent damage, but Torvald's weapons are one or the other.

I always feel like whatever I'm doing as Torvald I'm missing out. Still great, still love playing him, but that's his main issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Lennox is way too satisfying to play. I don't think the other assaults are even close. Especially Hyde, trailing around flailing at the monster with a little fire (while it spits way more at you) compared to jumping in and stomping on it in power armor then stabbing it repeatedly for huge damage

• Locked thread