Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's not the Beyonderprise! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MikeJF posted:

That's not the Beyonderprise! :argh:

Now that you mention it, it looks a lot like the Enterprise C and the Excelsior had a baby.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Most of the Confuse Grandma Asylum movies aren't fun, aren't good-bad, they are boring as all hell and unbearable, the worst sin a film can commit.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

gregday posted:

Most of the Confuse Grandma Asylum movies aren't fun, aren't good-bad, they are boring as all hell and unbearable, the worst sin a film can commit.

Even the wacky ironic shark ones are mostly boring filler with a few cheap CGI setpieces that mostly seem to exist to be circulated on YouTube.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A... pizza cutter?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

A... pizza cutter?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/SuicideSquadWB/status/752924351704408064

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A&t=114s

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I thought this movie was coming out like last month until I realized it still had a month more until release.

Jesus loving christ some movies need to ease up on the flood of marketing 6 months out from a movie. I'm so sick of seeing Suicide Squad stuff that I actively don't want to see the movie now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The marketing started a couple of weeks ago.

What you saw before were Comic Con exclusives and stuff.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Aphrodite posted:

The marketing started a couple of weeks ago.

What you saw before were Comic Con exclusives and stuff.

Which is marketing

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The greatest thing about this is the scenes depicted 'exploding' out of Psycho's head is from the old, scrapped art direction.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be excited about a Borderlands movie if it didn't already happen in glorious fashion with Mad Max.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I still want a Borderlands 2 movie. Jack is one of the best video games bad guys ever. I have never enjoyed killing a boss more than Jack at the end. Also, Assault on Dragons Keep is loving brilliant storytelling.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The only good thing that could come from a Borderlands movie would be another chance for the head writer to frame an Anita Sarkeesian tweet and put it above his fireplace.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Harlock posted:

Working at a video store - it worked 80% of the time that people would grab the movie thinking it was the original. Snakes on a Train / Snakes on a Plane being the #1 offender. At this point, you'd pretty much have to go out of your way to get a copy of the Asylum version.

Having worked in a video store, I can add that we had people coming in looking for the video for a film that either: a) had just come out in theaters, or b) hadn't EVEN been released in theaters yet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's also the added benefit of Claptrap replacing Jar Jar as the most annoying character in the history of cinema.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The only good thing that could come from a Borderlands movie would be another chance for the head writer to frame an Anita Sarkeesian tweet and put it above his fireplace.

man people give Anthony Burch a lot of poo poo for trying to be a decent person

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

man people give Anthony Burch a lot of poo poo for trying to be a decent person

He's an unfunny dickhead and I want him gone.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

BonoMan posted:

I thought this movie was coming out like last month until I realized it still had a month more until release.

Jesus loving christ some movies need to ease up on the flood of marketing 6 months out from a movie. I'm so sick of seeing Suicide Squad stuff that I actively don't want to see the movie now.

I completely agree. If I'd only just heard about this movie I'd still want to see it but all of its promotional material has begun to just make me recoil.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lady Naga posted:

He's an unfunny dickhead and I want him gone.

yeah, see, if that was the angle people took I'd be cool with it, but the vast majority of the criticism I hear is some variation of "UGH SJW CUCK RUINING MY VIDEO GAMES."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"UGH SJW CUCK RUINING MY VIDEO GAMES."

Perfection.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha yeah that was elevated by the word filters.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I don't even bother wordfilter-dodging at this point because they're legitimately funnier than the actual words

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah, see, if that was the angle people took I'd be cool with it, but the vast majority of the criticism I hear is some variation of "UGH SJW CUCK RUINING MY VIDEO GAMES."

I have no issue and am actively glad when video games are more inclusive, but Borderlands 2 is mind-numbingly unfunny, and printing and framing a tweet is so desperately try-hard, it's hilarious.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you will not reach true enlightenment until you realize that borderlands 1 was oppressively unfunny as well. namaste

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Borderlands 2 will be funded exclusively by the budget from Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you will not reach true enlightenment until you realize that borderlands 1 was oppressively unfunny as well. namaste

Unfunny yes, oppressively no.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gonz posted:

On the topic of Star Trek, here's a bunch of new 50th Anniversary poster art; I like some of the Beyond stuff:

I really loving love this but as far as I can tell you can't buy it anywhere :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just accept Tales from the Borderlands as the Borlderlands movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transformers: The Last Knight has its billboard out in Times Square pretty early. It's still about a year away.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Optimus Prime fighting robot dragons, eh?

Might be worth a matinee ticket.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

Transformers: The Last Knight has its billboard out in Times Square pretty early. It's still about a year away.

Did they do a find/replace on a clash of the titans sequel script and change everyone to robots?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

Optimus Prime fighting robot dragons, eh?

Might be worth a matinee ticket.

A robot dragon that could be Megatron, even.

Light Gun Man posted:

Did they do a find/replace on a clash of the titans sequel script and change everyone to robots?

The real script could be even crazier since it possibly involves Excalibur and Merlin both getting their powers from alien technology. You can see how a dragon can fit there.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 14, 2016

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Gross.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
My favorite remains the Straw Dogs Madea poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao. Hell yeah.