Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stairmaster posted:

whose watching evo this weekend

You watching it on ESPN2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to issue a sternly worded warning that you should NOT bump the madoka thread if you are not Lord Justice

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

the lineup looks weak this year
SFV has been fine but UltraSF4 had the benefit of very good players a lot of revisions at that point
GG will probably be cool
and then, well,

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Prince Arslan is really noble and stuff. His show reminds me of this fact each episode. It's cool because I'd forget if a week went by without a reminder.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RME posted:

the lineup looks weak this year
SFV has been fine but UltraSF4 had the benefit of very good players a lot of revisions at that point
GG will probably be cool
and then, well,

Yeah I may try to catch some SF5 and GG but beyond that meh.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Skullgirls

RME
Feb 20, 2012

mike z excitedly pointing at a tv screen

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

I'm going to issue a sternly worded warning that you should NOT bump the madoka thread

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I find Skullgirls only marginally more interesting to watch than Marvel.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ive never watched madoka because it got hyped up to me as this v subversive show, and then i was told it was not that, and instead of registering that it could be not that and maybe still good i just registered it as not to watch

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I took Spanish in high school because we spoke it at my house already and I wasn't interested in the French or German classes that were taught. Tested out of Spanish I, coasted through Spanish II, then when it came time for college credit I waited until my last semester and tested out of those credits too.

It's probably a lot harder learning English than it is the other way around.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

madoka destroyed anime, then built it anew.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sorry Corals posted:

madoka destroyed anime, then built it anew.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Julias posted:

Am I the only person who had a cool Spanish teacher? Spanish 1 and 2 were easy and the standard fare. But 3 and 4 we had a really smart and funny lady who didn't tolerate bullshit, and we talked about all sorts of South American Countries, their history and culture, and even a bit about Spain. It helped that, while a native English speaker, she was completely fluent in Spanish and lived and studied in Spain for a period of time. She actually might have been my favorite high school teacher, thinking back on it. She was one of the few teachers I could think of who really cared about the students, and had asked me if I was doing okay when my family was going through rough times.

By now she would be retired though, so I hope she's happy :unsmith:

Not quite the same but my Japanese teacher was really cool, we talked about japanese boy bands a lot and hung out after class eating her daughter's girl scout cookies.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Golden Battler posted:

Not quite the same but my Japanese teacher was really cool, we talked about japanese boy bands a lot and hung out after class eating her daughter's girl scout cookies.

That's awesome.

RME posted:

ive never watched madoka because it got hyped up to me as this v subversive show, and then i was told it was not that, and instead of registering that it could be not that and maybe still good i just registered it as not to watch

I watched the first three episodes, then had set it down, intending to come back, but never did. I really enjoyed the art and characters of the show, and most people seem to view the show positively at least, so I still want to give it a chance at some point.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Madoka Magika is really good, but I feel like the amount of hyperbole surrounding it hurts people looking to watch it for the first time. I think the only reason I enjoyed it as much as I did was complete ignorance.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the art in skullgirls rules

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i loved madoka and then that lovely rebellion movie ruined everything

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

I thought rebellion was good, but there were like 3 points where it should have ended ahead of where it did.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first three episodes as they aired then set it aside and came back to it later. It was good and I cried a bunch at various points but don't think I'll rewatch it ever and don't feel very motivated to watch the movies.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

the art in skullgirls rules

:yeah:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

voltcatfish posted:

dis:agreed:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AydrNRfxj-o

Droyer's next robot post should be about Buriki Daioh

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I watched the first three episodes as they aired then set it aside and came back to it later. It was good and I cried a bunch at various points but don't think I'll rewatch it ever and don't feel very motivated to watch the movies.

Having watched Rebellion I say leave it be. If you are satisfied with the story the show told the only thing the movie can do is drag that down, but if you want more the movie is always there.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AydrNRfxj-o

Droyer's next robot post should be about Buriki Daioh

oh right that was a thing i was doing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Filia is my wife

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rebellion had fun fights and shiptease.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i never watched madoka someone explain india to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Filia is my wife

Don't lie, Karen is your wife.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

The sun never sets on the British empire.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stairmaster posted:

It's a widely diversified country with a population greater than 1 billion. I do not recommend moving there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I never really got into madoka but my sister did, so when the first movie made the rounds around Dallas I told her I'd be her watching buddy if she paid for drinks (it was like an Alamo draft house thing).

That first movie was enhanced with a nice buzz.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

I'm hoping to see a Bees cameo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

It's a widely diversified country with a population greater than 1 billion. I do not recommend moving there.

Please explain China to me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Full of inidians, much like america

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Please explain China to me.

Her real name is meiling

Namtab