Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

there wolf posted:

It's so we don't have to admit we're all German.

What Geostomp said. Also, in these times especially, they probably get a little rebellious pleasure out of it because the only reason people started to frown on free discussion of how sub-human black people are is because of PC liberal manipulation. They are speaking truth to power and if people get mad it's because they can't handle it.

ah, so it's simillar to how the right are desperate to give all Muslims to blame for the actions of dickheads, and get really really mad when people are specific about it instead of "Evil Beard Men Hate Freedom"

The PC police are preventing me from broadly painting an entire large group of people as subhuman apes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Munkeymon posted:

The what now?

Conservative Tree house, the palce that started the effort to destroy Trayvon martin, and Tamir rice. Now are saying that Philando was a jackass who ripped off a store. Their a bunch of white supremacist organization and Ted Nugent is posting their bullsiht. I wish when he had said Obama should be overthrown that he had been put into the FEMA camps he believes we need to get rid of people like him.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

vseslav.botkin posted:

Yeah, I'd have guessed Manafort or someone in his camp, I just didn't want the actual political implications to get lost in "lol they boned"

Yeah, that's fair I guess. I just don't think there really are political implications because in that sort of a mess it'd be more surprising if someone's NOT leaking.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

Conservative Tree house, the palce that started the effort to destroy Trayvon martin, and Tamir rice. Now are saying that Philando was a jackass who ripped off a store. Their a bunch of white supremacist organization and Ted Nugent is posting their bullsiht. I wish when he had said Obama should be overthrown that he had been put into the FEMA camps he believes we need to get rid of people like him.

I was working as a guard at the biggest of the FEMA death camps and we had a special cell reserved for him, but I guess the big boss thought it was too risky in the end. Thanks, Obama :(

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I will support the Democratic nominee for Congress in that district." ~ Andrew Cuomo, on Zephyr Teachout.

Speaking of....

It's the New York Post, so the headline is a slight exaggeration, but Cuomo Declines To Throw His Weight Behind Democrats' Bid To Retake State Senate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Yinlock posted:

so uh what's the endgame here

like how does this pride actually help you in any way besides make every sane human being go "wow what a loving rear end in a top hat"

what do they gain from this

The ability to inherit grandma's plantation property and never work a real day in your life, usually.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The guy who became the Scumbag Steve meme is on Twitter now and has the only good take about the Trump-Ginsburg death race:

https://twitter.com/blakeboston617/status/753424585387900928

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I can't blame 538 for being gunshy on discounting any poll whatsoever after the rise of trump

Trump was always leading in polls. It was just so ridiculous that analysts decides they needed to come up with reasons why such an obvious shitbag could win the nomination.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I wonder if he followed it up with, "That's so gay."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no poo poo

I love the wingnuts' slow realization that 1) Trump has no greater plan and is exactly what he is on the surface, a petty vindictive racist dumbass who is an idiot savant in talking without actually saying anything but sounding like he did
and 2) he is literally their only option that isn't Hillary, who is "only" kind of corrupt instead of turbo-corrupt.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

So looks like a list of GOP convention speakers is out.

quote:

CLEVELAND — A night highlighting the tragedy in Benghazi, Libya. An appearance by onetime football star Tim Tebow. A presentation detailing former President Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct.

Donald J. Trump, the presumptive nominee, has been promising a different kind of Republican National Convention, and plans obtained by The New York Times show that he is eager to put his showbiz stamp on the party’s gathering, even as he struggles to attract A-list talent.

The roster of speakers obtained by The Times, and confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of the convention planning, reveals a lineup lacking many of the party’s rising stars. Instead, it features some of Mr. Trump’s eclectic collection of friends, celebrities and relatives, from his Slovenian supermodel wife to professional golfer Natalie Gulbis.

The parade of people seems to have been selected to broaden Mr. Trump’s demographic reach.

Looks like speakers include GOP allstars Tim Tebow, Pam Bondi and Ben Ghazi.

Spoondick fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 14, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoondick posted:

The speaker list, if this is real, is loving dire. Also I'm still laughing at Mr. Perfect Moral Goodguy Tebow endorsing Trump

McConnell is opening for Tiffany Trump, a 22 year old who will probably use the time to launch a perfume company or something. Mr. UFC guy getting a prime spot. I'm amazed Barron isn't being given time

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Spoondick posted:

Also Newt is called out as a speaker, so I guess it's Mike Pence or maybe still Christie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Spoondick posted:

quote:

A presentation detailing former President Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct.

Oh my god, they're actually doing this?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Spoondick posted:

Old Man Yells at Chair won't have poo poo on this dumpster fire.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

As a huge MMA/UFC dork it depresses the poo poo out of me that Dana White is speaking there. I knew he was an annoying rich dude who hates unions, but drat dude. Not like this. =(

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Dirt posted:

As a huge MMA/UFC dork it depresses the poo poo out of me that Dana White is speaking there. I knew he was an annoying rich dude who hates unions, but drat dude. Not like this. =(

There's a Tim Tebow nut in one of our offices I wonder if this will alter his perception of him in any way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If that list is correct, Gingrich is not the VP Nominee. But there's no mention of either Christie or Mike Pence...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Goddammit I'm working Monday and Tuesday and won't be able to watch The Yoogest Political Event of Our Times.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Old Man Yells at Chair won't have poo poo on this dumpster fire.

I'm pretty sure we've beat/passed OMYaC a dozen times already in this election cycle.

This entire convention starts at a level or two of surreal past that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Spoondick posted:

That's a incredibly weak program.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Can folks confirm for me-- Pence's deadline to resign and be replaced on the ballot is Thursday or Friday? I've been hearing conflicting reports.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Can folks confirm for me-- Pence's deadline to resign and be replaced on the ballot is Thursday or Friday? I've been hearing conflicting reports.

Friday at noon EST

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Teddybear posted:

Friday

e:f;b

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alkydere posted:

I'm pretty sure we've beat/passed OMYaC a dozen times already in this election cycle.

This entire convention starts at a level or two of surreal past that.

I'd compare it more to 2012 campaign as a whole. Which was a train wreck in hindsight. This one's a train wreck into a train wreck into a train wreck ad infinitum.

Except Romney Death Rally. That was pure magic.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
He has to resign? He can't be governor while running for VP?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Friday at noon EST

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/753398572515725312

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lycus posted:

He has to resign? He can't be governor while running for VP?

He can, but if he has to resign by Friday at noon for the IN GOP to slot somebody else in his spot in the Governor's race

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spoondick posted:

So what're the odds they're going to bring Vilerats' mom on stage?

If it's Mike Pence this means Indiana's atrocious religious discrimination law gets renewed national attention. :dance:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Spoondick posted:

Oh "Billionaire Peter Thiel, the Silicon Valley entrepreneur, will represent the business community" eh? Another guy who'd love for libel laws to get some more teeth. Huh!

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 14, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spoondick posted:

Tebow noooooooo :smith:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

DOOP posted:

Tebow noooooooo :smith:

You thought Tebow wasn't a human turd? Have you not been paying attention to his entire career?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol yeah I'm soooooo shocked that the guy who has spent his whole post-football life being the marketing arm of Focus on the Family is a huge piece of poo poo

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So am I correct in assuming that this convention will significantly lower a sane person's faith in humanity?

Remind me, why are Republicans still taken seriously?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Geostomp posted:

So am I correct in assuming that this convention will significantly lower a sane person's faith in humanity?

We're the party of family values!

*Wants to remove no-fault divorce the same year puts up a twice remarried Candidate*

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Marx posted:

That which is for me through the medium of money – that for which I can pay (i.e., which money can buy) – that am I myself, the possessor of the money. The extent of the power of money is the extent of my power. Money’s properties are my – the possessor’s – properties and essential powers. Thus, what I am and am capable of is by no means determined by my individuality. I am ugly, but I can buy for myself the most beautiful of women. Therefore I am not ugly, for the effect of ugliness – its deterrent power – is nullified by money. I, according to my individual characteristics, am lame, but money furnishes me with twenty-four feet. Therefore I am not lame. I am bad, dishonest, unscrupulous, stupid; but money is honoured, and hence its possessor. Money is the supreme good, therefore its possessor is good. Money, besides, saves me the trouble of being dishonest: I am therefore presumed honest. I am brainless, but money is the real brain of all things and how then should its possessor be brainless? Besides, he can buy clever people for himself, and is he who has power over the clever not more clever than the clever? Do not I, who thanks to money am capable of all that the human heart longs for, possess all human capacities? Does not my money, therefore, transform all my incapacities into their contrary?

Bolding mine.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They got Ben Ghazi, some family values bullshit, a silicon valley douche, a botched abortion, Trump, Trump again, some MMA gently caress wit... what else?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

barrack was a guy who did some kind of relations thing between saudi arabia and haiti in the 80s

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DemeaninDemon posted:

They got Ben Ghazi, some family values bullshit, a silicon valley douche, a botched abortion, Trump, Trump again, some MMA gently caress wit... what else?

Rudy Giuliani, hopefully giving a 9/11 and Blue Lives Matter speech for maximum schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

Reince Priebus having a stroke live on stage.

• Locked thread